Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 7th Bandsters to be???

I too am scheduled for surgery on the 7th. I have to start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I can't even imagine how difficult it's going to be, but I'm ready to be a Protein Shake queen. No cheating for me! I'm shrinking this liver, and getting ready for my life. I can't wait to see how well everyone does.

Im right there with ya! I'm not doing Protein shakes (i dont think so anyway).....gonna eat my protein....but after surgery...obviously those shakes will be there!

So tomorrow we start the first part of our new lives! I'm gonna weight at home, and its all a "go" from this point on...

Good luck to you---and to all the July bandsters!!!

PS...as stated before, I'd love to chat/email whoever wants to discuss this whole process...feel free to add me to your friend list or whatever it is here....

Have a good one everyone!:blushing:

I am scheduled for July 7th in Anderson, SC. I am excited and nervous but mostly excited. I am new to this board and I'm looking forward to sharing my journey. As for the pre-op diet, I don't have any. Is that unusual?

less that 2 weeks and counting!!!

Tracy:thumbup:

I am July 7 also, and had my nutritionist appt yesterday to discuss the pre-op diet. I am supposed to start it MONDAY. I will be out of town till mid-day Wednesday, so I will start it when I return. I was worried about it till I saw you guys aren't starting till Saturday. I figure I will be smart while I'm gone, but the shakes will have to wait. Staying with family I don't want to discuss the surgery with. :thumbup:

I am so excited. It has been a long journey, and I am ready to change my life. I am under no illusions, I know it will be hard, but I am so ready. Let's keep up with each other! :bored:

Mary,

How is your diet going?

I am scheduled for July 7th in Anderson, SC. I am excited and nervous but mostly excited. I am new to this board and I'm looking forward to sharing my journey. As for the pre-op diet, I don't have any. Is that unusual?

less that 2 weeks and counting!!!

Tracy:thumbup:

Hi Tracy!!

Welcome and congrats on your band!! :bored:) I would say the majority of docs have the patient follow on a diet, but not all. I will have to start a 10-day preop diet on Saturday, no more than 130 to 150 carbs and 50 to 60 grams of Protein a day.

Can't wait to see all of our progresses :thumbup:)

I too am scheduled for surgery on the 7th. I have to start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I can't even imagine how difficult it's going to be, but I'm ready to be a Protein shake queen. No cheating for me! I'm shrinking this liver, and getting ready for my life. I can't wait to see how well everyone does.

Hi Thats,

How is the diet going so far? I am not going to cheat either, as I have a chance to have the single incision operation!! I really, really want that. So it's important for me to follow this diet to a T. I start on Saturday so we will see how all goes!!

:bored:

Mary,

How is your diet going?

Not bad. I am not really a salad lover, but I have not been hungry much and I have a positive outlook. Down 4 lbs. You?:thumbup:

Not bad. I am not really a salad lover, but I have not been hungry much and I have a positive outlook. Down 4 lbs. You?:thumbup:

Yesterday was the first day for me, and in the beginning I was fine, but by the end of the night I was STARVING LOL

This is a breakdown of what I can have:

Breakfast:

SF carnation instant Breakfast

1 light yopliat yogurt any flavor.

A.m. Snack:

Atkins Advantage shake (any flavor)

Lunch:

Cambell's Soup at Hand-Classic Tomato

SF jell-o chocolate swirl pudding

SF Jell-o Gelatin (any flavor)

PM snack:

8 oz V8

Dinner:

1/2 c low fat cottage cheese

1 C creamed (strained) Soup

Regular popsicle

Bedtime snack

No Sugar added fudgesicle

This was the sample menu, but I have been following that. I can't go over more than 150 carbs per day and 50 to 60 grams of Protein a day.

My hubby hid my scale this morning LOL I told him last night I wanted to weigh the morning of my surgery. I'd LOVE to have a salad by the end of the day :smile2:) We will make it though! It will be worth it. I keep thinking about possibly having only one or two incisions! That's my motivation!