Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Use Bariatric Advantage Products?

I was wondering if anyone uses Bariatric Advantage products? If so, what products do you use? I am mainly looking for the Vitamins I am going to need after I have my lap band placed. I just went to my orientation class at Kaiser South San Francisco and am looking into what vitamins I am going to need.

Any and all suggestions and input gladly welcome!!

Yes, I use the multi-vitamin's that also include vit D. I also use the Iron. Both are chewable. My surgeons office handed out a few samples at the nutrition class we had to take pre-op. You may want to ask your doc's office if they have any samples.:wink:

Yes I do...

- I use the VitaBand Multi-vitamins, in Lemon-cream..and am getting very sick of the flavor, but they are very good quality Vitamins (in chewable form)

- I also take the Chewalbe Iron in Chewable Passion fruit - tastes great

- B12 supplement in sublingual format

I don't take their Calcium supplement because it was very expensive and for a much cheaper price I can get several other kinds of Calcium.

- finally, I take about 2000mg of Vitamin D (in chewable format)

I tried them. I found that 1. I don't have any trouble taking my old 6-pill multi pack (as more Vitamins in it than the bar. advantage tabs do) and 2. I thought the Bariatric Advantage stuff tasted vile beyond words. Not usually a weenie but I knew I wouldn't take them consistently.

I didn't think they tasted very good either. I had heard about Celebrate Vitamins online, so I used Celebrate Bariatric Vitamins for the first few months, now I am able to swallow regular vitamins without any problems.

I purchased 2 bottles of the Multi Vitamins in mixed berry and Calcium in cinnamon and chocolate. I do not like either. They have this fizzing like sensation going on and they taste very chalky. UGH!!! I'm stuck with them. I ordered online from Bariatric Advantage. They will not take opened bottles back and if you have unopened items, there is a 15% restocking fee. That with the cost of return shipping was not worth sending it back. It's great that some doctors offer samples. My doctor sells the products, but I didn't think to ask for samples.

Edited by 2911plans

I'm pre-band as well (6/30) and part of my research was to purchase a couple of the sample packs from Bariatric Advantage.

Bariatric Advantage - Adjustable Gastric Band Sample Kit

My sample included chewable Multivitamins in 2 flavors, Calcium lozenges in 4 flavors, a calcium chew (chocolate) and some samples of the powdered calcium.....about $6 for the sample pack. I bought 2 to make it worth the shipping.

I highly recommend "splurging" on the sample pack if you are considering buying these. You can always feed the ones you don't like to your kids or dogs:unsure:.

I am sold totally on the chewable Vitamins and 2 of the 4 calcium lozenge flavors. The calcium powders were VILE (tasted like poorly flavored alka seltzer without the fizz) and the calcium chew didn't taste great enough to justify the cost or the fact that it has much less calcium than the lozenges (250 mg vs 400 mg for the lozenge).

I am ordering from BariatricChoice.com however as they have free shipping >$79, a 10% discount for orders >$99 and do have a return guarantee (still have to pay shipping/handling), but you can even return one opened package of any item you are unhappy with. (Disclaimer - I haven't actually taken advantage of this offer)

I did what Tessiekay did - I ordered two sample packets. I didn't want to get stuck with a whole bottle of them if I didn't like them.

i like the cinnamon calcium chews. the cherry are ok, but really really tart. they work real well for me being that i cant swollow the Calcium pills and drinking disolved calcium upsets my stomach. the Vitamins are not that good tasting. only ones could tolerate were orange and watermelon.

I tried the Vitamins and Calcium for several weeks and then just couldnt stand taking them anymore. The calcium is especially horrible. Couldnt choke those down and I really tried. As soon as I went back to my old vitamins (expensive but well worth it) I started to feel better and my old energy came back. I add Vit D and am looking for a calcium citrate pill currently. I just want to swallow it..not have to taste that VILE stuff.

...am looking for a calcium citrate pill currently. I just want to swallow it..not have to taste that VILE stuff.

You might try Citracal Petites...(have them at Walgreens, drugstore.com, probably your local grocer)

They are small and I think fit your bill.

You might try Citracal Petites...(have them at Walgreens, drugstore.com, probably your local grocer)

They are small and I think fit your bill.

Hey thanks. I will try them!