Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy 6 Months Everyone!!!

It's June and that means we're all hitting the 6 month mark since our surgery! For me that day is actually today!

• How have you done in your first 6 months?
  • Do you feel better now then you did 6 months ago?
  • How many fills have you had?

For me I have lost 75 lbs since surgery. It has been a great journey and one of the best decisions I have ever made. When I began my journey it was a workout to walk to the mailbox and back. Now I walk 2 miles everyday in just 30 minutes time and love it. I am down in clothing sizes and feel great. I have more energy and more confidence. I have had 2 fills so far and looking to get another really soon.

So congrats to all and I hope to hear from you and how your doing!

as of today I'm down 52 lbs

I am currently on day 5 of a 7 day liquid diet. I went in Monday for a fill and it showed I had stretched my pouch....... They didn't unfill me, just had me do liquids and come back next Monday to see if it has shrunk.

I do admit I have been eating some breads, rice and Pasta.

I've had 4 fills since surgery. I'm feeling much better since losing this weight.

weight.png

Glad to hear your doing well I'm at 6 months as well but only down 40 or so but happy with that.

hi all im down like 34lbs since surgery i think. i do feel great as i have been trying to get use to the band. i have good days and bad ones but, im glad that i did it. things take time i just am not patient.

I have no regrets about being banded at all. I am down 46 lbs and I only had the 1 fill in January so I think that I have done excellent. I had 2 surgeries since having the lap band so the only thing that I could do was walk for 10 minutes a day. I am just so proud of myself that I managed to still lose some weight. I feel so amazing... When I went to georgia to see my fiance in april and I came back with new clothes and me and my friends went out and I put them on they were like OMG you have lost alot of weight... that made me feel so good.. but I wont let it go to my head.. Im utterly happy.. lol

I was filled yesterday they put in a half of a cc. I currently have 4.6 cc's in my band. I have the allergen band which holds 10 cc's. so I am on liquids for 3 days. that seems to have changed too.. My doc will not fill me if Im losing 1 to 2 lbs a week. But in 4 weeks if I havent lost then he will fill me again.

Hey Pete and Everybody:

• How have you done in your first 6 months?
  • I am ecstatic over my 28 pound weight loss. I know I haven’t done as well as most of you, but I am so happy.
  • Do you feel better now then you did 6 months ago? ABSOLUTELY
  • How many fills have you had? 3

Edited by Vickie
computer

How have you done in your first 6 months?

Do you feel better now then you did 6 months ago?

How many fills have you had?

I did pretty good this first 6 mths, I need to get back on track because the weight loss has slowed but I guess that is to be expected and as long as it keeps going down, I'm happy.

I feel so much better, I see pics from last year and I just can't believe the changes.

I've had 4 fills and 1 unfill.

Teresa i feel great even though i have gain a few lbs all in all i have had 4 fills and and very proud of my 39 lbs that i have lost i still get frustrated but i need to buckle down . I feel like i should be further along, but i also need to start excerising more thats the key. keep going... and stay focused...

Edited by andjhd
ticker

HI, I am now at 7 months ( As of the 1st). I have lost 55 # since surgery and I feel terrific. Am in a slump at the moment (life is stressful) :( but will work this through as I have before... I feel so much better that last August , when I started this journey. But i still have 100# to lose. I've had 4 fills and think I need another ( Now they are in fractions )

A year will be here fast. This time last year, I was almost finished with Nutritional classes and ready to schedule. This year, I'll be maintaining until I get fitted for the tux for my daughter's wedding. Last year 42" waist, now 34"