Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, Who has an AUGUST surgery date??!!

I was approved on 8-12-09 and they have set my surgery date for 8-27-09!!! If this preop diet doesnt kill me first :unsure: I am really struggling.... I mean seriously....If I had enough self-control to be on a liquid diet for two weeks, I wouldn't weigh 320 pounds.......:biggrin:

I had my surgery last Saturday the 8th in Cancun Mexico. It was a very positive experience and my recovery is going great!!:biggrin:

I had surgery on August 14th (friday) Got to come home from the hospital today. I live in Germany and they do things a little differently here...Anyway, just a little sore mostly and feeling hungry. In the hospital I didn't have ANYTHING...what they were giving me was HORRIBLE and I couldn't even stand to smell it! I have a feeling this post op liquid diet is going to be VERY hard! Any suggestions on things to eat?

I will be banded August 28th. I am on the pre-op diet now. It is not easy!

Pre OP diet starts today. Scheduled for the 31st. I didn't have any "heads up" so I have to go shopping for the diet stuff today...just luvin' the idea of going to the grocery...not!

hi everbody im 6 days post op i lost 9 pounds already, so pleased i know only Water, but im pleased, even thou my belly still very swollen, and hopfully it will settle down this week being the 2nd week and looking forward to fri wen stiches get taken out, and good luck to others bandsters who having their op this month xxxx cathy

hi Soup that wat ive having a lot of if u can, and u allowed dutch crispbread if u can get hold of them, find milky stuff goes right throug me at moment so staying away from them

My surgery is a week from today, Monday, August 24th.

I've been on the Optifast diet since July 31st, and it's going fine. I've stayed on it about 95%, a bite of banana or pickle here or there, but nothing more than that, and nothing since last week.

A couple times I've taken bites of something, but chewed it up and spit it out without swallowing. I've been working on smaller bites and longer chewing with the Optifast bars, but it helps to do it with other food. (Has anyone else done this?) Anyway, it's been 3 or 4 days since I've done that, and the weight is still coming off consistently.

The toughest thing is getting over taking bites while I'm fixing meals for my kids. I'm so used to popping in a bite of whatever they're having that I have to remind myself not to!

Edited by Hulk

Ahh yes, fixing food for your kids and not being able to take a bite... I am having the same issue. I have almost popped something in my mouth twice, but caught myself. Last night I dreamed all night long that I was eating the wrong way and then putting myself into severe pain - very scary! I am on day 4 of my post op liquid diet and I am starting to get extremely hungry. My stomach has been growling all day long. I go back to the dr. tomorrow so I am praying that he switches me to mushy cause I can't do much more liquids! The good news is that the scale is showing a 10 pound loss ALREADY!!! I coudln't beleive it!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

The 28th :confused: So excited!

Hey Kimber13,

I thought your dream was interesting. When my husband quit smoking he started dreaming he was smoking. He would wake up feeling horribly guilty. After a few times, he figured out how to tell himself in the dream that he was dreaming and then he would have two or three more cigarettes! :drool:

He hasn't smoked for over 9 years now (after smoking for 29 years) and I think it helped him get through. Maybe you can do that?:confused:

Debra

August 28, 2008 -- Dr. John V. Bagnato, Albany, GA - surgery scheduled -- removing 4cc band, fixing hiatal hernia, reband with 10cc band

January 2008 -- changed to Aetna Insurance, band-friendly. Insurance fight starts all over again.

March 2008 -- all Fluid removed from band; insurance fight starts

January 2008 -- barium swallow shows 4cc band with 2cc fill is too small to allow barium through, told may no longer be band candidate

November 2007 -- throwing up at night in sleep; some aspiration into lungs; unfilled to 1cc.

August 2005-October 2007 -- many fills, unfills, and emergency unfills, never got past past 2cc.

April 2005 -- Lapband surgery!!! Weigh 262

January 2005 -- changed insurance to Definity Health (United Insurance)

January 2004 -- changed to BCBS of GA, insurance battle begins again

December 2003 -- decision made to go for lapband; search begins for surgeon

I had my pre-op hospital orientation today. All systems are go and we're clear for launch on Monday.

I had my pre-op hospital orientation today. All systems are go and we're clear for launch on Monday.

Best wishes, Hulk! Hope all goes well and that you have little or no pain. Take care and good luck :confused:.

TPG

I am getting banded Aug 27th. Nervous Anxious and excited. This is my first post and I am looking forward to the help support and guidence from you all.