Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Off topic. . Can we talk about Kirstie Alley?

I saw the issue of People with her talking about her weight re-gain last night. My heart goes out to her. . and I really hope that she considers getting banded.

HOWEVER, knowing that she is 5'8 (2 inches taller than me) and claims to have been 230 at her heaviest . .and only 210 when she was interviewed/photographed, I just have got to call B.S. on her claimed weight. I just don't see how she could possibly be telling the truth, and I also thought she was not telling the truth the first time around.

Does anyone else agree? I thought that all of us who also struggle with our weight might have good insight about the truth of her numbers!

Catherine

there is NO way she is 210lbs.

i was 200lbs at the time i was banded and at barely 5'1.....the pictures i saw of myself then vs what she is claiming is night and day. meaning, i did not look as lg as her.

hope she can find something that works permanently, long term.

I won't involve myself in the what does she really weigh aspect but I did hear her say on Oprah that she's developed her own weight loss system. I don't know what it is and she's supposed to come with it and shock the world or something.

As someone who's lost, gained, lost, gained and about her age I'd be the last one to goof on her weight problem.

If I were her, I am not sure I would say anything about how much . . . it is just tabloid fodder.

I am soo happy I don't have people following me around trying to take fat or skinny pics to post on magazine covers for the purpose of poking fun. My weight always stressed me out in the heavier days, I think she must have it so much more difficult in having everyone criticize her choices and weight changes.

I really hope she finds success and I think she would make an excellent spokesperson for banding if she gave it a go and was successful. Whatever route she takes I hope she finds what she is looking for and I wish her the best of luck. It is definitely a painful and personal struggle.

there is NO way she is 210lbs.

i was 200lbs at the time i was banded and at barely 5'1.....the pictures i saw of myself then vs what she is claiming is night and day. meaning, i did not look as lg as her.

hope she can find something that works permanently, long term.

I agree with you.

I kind of expect movie stars to lie. I mean, they lie about their ages....and lots of us lie too..ages, weight...is your driver's license accurate, for example? :thumbup:

Furthermore, she's an actress, not a medical doctor, not a nutritionist. Caveat emptor for those who do "believe" her (or any other "spokesperson"!!) without doing their own research.

I agree with the "hope she finds what works" contingent; being fat sucks.

In an era when actresses have gotten so darned skinny that they make anorexia look chubby, I can see why she'd be reluctant to be honest if she did want to be truthful and does weigh more.

Even Carnie Wilson (who had bypass so publicly a while back) said her top weight was something like 300...I doubted that too.

If you hooked me up to the polygraph and asked if I had ever lied about my weight... well....errr...... ummm..... guess that answers that. Becky

is your driver's license accurate, for example? :thumbup:.

HA!, it is now......won't lie - i never changed it the yrs i was obese:)

congrats on becoming a nurse; just now saw!

I am soo happy I don't have people following me around trying to take fat or skinny pics to post on magazine covers for the purpose of poking fun.

I couldn't agree more. That has got to be so hard to deal with.

Someone posted about stars lying about their weight. I do expect that a bit about their ages, whether they made out with Collin Farrel, etc. I feel like KA's situation is different though because she accepted a paying gig as the spokesperson for a weight loss company.

Somehow, I feel like her lying about her weight is a bit like if I lied about my start weight in my signature line or something. Why bother? Plus, she must have lost more than 70 or 80 lbs the first time around. It might have been nice if she got full credit!

Anyway, I hope that she will find a good, healthy, long-term solution. And I agree with the person who said she'd be great as a spokesperson for banding!

Catherine

I can soooo relate to lying about weight on the dreaded driver's license. My goal is to actually have my true weight listed on my DL when I go to renew it in Aug. of 2010. I am getting banded on June 8 at 11:30am (17 days, 15 hours, and 8 minutes... not that I'm counting down or anything.

luluc...thank you! I can't really believe it. I still have to pass the boards so I'll be licensed but whatever else happens I have that BSN! Only took me 37 years after I graduated from high school LOL

I think she is beautiful and she has a funny sense of humor. I like her fat or thin.

I just want to say something about those magazines like People's and my most recent issue of Good Housekeeping that show people who have lost half their weight or similar loses - and then they show them afterward with their height and weight and size - all I want to know is where they shop to be 5'5" and 155 pounds and a size 4 - and all the similar claims of clothes sizes. I have been every weight from 122 to 248 and I know what size I was at every weight. I never wore smaller than a size 7 at my thinnest. Isn't it time for a little honesty in these stories?

I think she is beautiful and she has a funny sense of humor. I like her fat or thin.

Ditto!

I don't blame her for making up numbers (if she is)...it's no ones business how much she weighs!

How i agree with you cleo. I also have been in every size.weighing from 115 to 230 and i never saw a size 2 maybe a 8, but nothing smaller and i am 5 5.

On ka they say tv adds 10 pounds i think in her case, maybe a little more.

But hey i give her credit for coming forward. Battling the weight is so diffcult.

Only people who have been there can understand, believe me i am one. I used to weight 125 after 2 kids, wore a bikini till age 50.....then some medical problems and personal problems i gained a 100 pounds. I used to look at people who were fat and say how did they get there. Well i found out!

So i do not judge anyone thin, fat, and all in between!