Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Terry Simpson - Banded by Dr. Simpson

oh- also- my hair was pretty long, and I recently had it cut (little longer than shoulder length), and asked my stylist to put a few more layers in it, told her I'm dieting and my hair is thinning, so she helped me out.

Hair professionals can help you get the best out of your hair. The layers, and cutting my hair shorter has really helped give the illusion of more body- thus making me a little less self conscious :scared2:

Hi all! I'm trying to find a surgeon in the Phoenix area and Dr. Simpson is highly recommended. However, all of the "highly recommended" docs I have found so far have pretty high program fees too. Would any of you mind telling me what kind of program fee Dr. Simpson's office charges? And what was included in that? I checked his website but it doesn't mention it.

Thanks for your help!

I was banded by him 1 month ago yesterday and it was a $1000 program fee that was not covered by my ins. I have lost 20lbs since the surgery though.

Congratulations on your success so far! I'm hearing great things about this doctor but the program fee seems a little steep.

Thanks for the info!

They told me the program fee includes 90 days of fills, the nuturition consult and the psych consult plus follow up with the dietian.

Anyone going to this weeks support group meeting? It actually looks like one I will be able to attend (yea!) so I will definitely try to be there!

when is it?

It is Thursday. I would like to go but granddaughters Christmas Program is that evening, so I don't know if I will make it.

I can't make it this month. It's too bad, because I always feel like the info helps to re-inspire me, or helps me to keep going.

If you are able to go, let us know the highlights, or if there's anything that was particularly helpful to you.

Not too long ago Dr. Simpson mentioned a new lapband patient cookbook he was preparing. . . I'm anxious for its release!

Have fun!

Lisa

I am back ladies!

We had a beautiful boy on Dec 31, 2009. Ian Jude, he was 6 lbs and 10 oz.

I got a fill on the 28th of Jan and found that there wasn't much Fluid in the band and that the baby has shifted the port. The fill was a little painful and we might have to do surgery to fix it. I sure hope that I don't have to go under again.

So I have lost all the pregnancy weight and am hoping that to kick start to weight loss!

How is everyone doing?

Congrats Christine! That's great! That's a cool birthday too :)

I"m doing well w/my band. My loss has slowed a bit lately, but I knew that would happen eventually. I'm still losing though, so that's what counts.

I have some questions for you! Did you have to have a total unfill for the pregnancy? Did you gain less that you think you might have otherwise? Did the band complicate things at all? And-- did you have many visits with Dr. Simpson throughout?

My husband and I are considering having another child at some point, and I wonder how it would all work with the band. . .

Lisa

Dr simpson actually put a small fill in during the second trimester. during the thrid, I went in once a month for a check up and to make sure I was able to eat. I gained a total of 10 lbs until week 30 and then i gain 18 more lbs by the time I delivered at week 37. 10 days after delivery I had lost the 28 lbs I gain - mostly baby and Water retention.

There were no complications during the pregnancy because of the band. However, I think that the baby moved the band as the port is no long a stright in shot, it is a little tilted. We hoping that with more weight loss this will self correct, but if it doesn't he'll need to go back in and do another stitch to fix it.

I went in once month during the pregnancy but was told that if I couldn't eat or I started having any issues to come in so he could unfill a little Fluid.

My big issue now is that he did a fill on 1/28 and I have been on a 1000 calorie diet a day since then and I have only lost 3 lbs. I think that being on insulin is causing this to not work very well.

It is wonderful to have our little miracle baby!

Thanks for the great info! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

You did really good- gaining less than 30 lbs! When I was pregnant with my son (several years ago), I gained about 70 lbs! I want to have another baby, but it scares me to think I might gain so much weight.

Were you really cautious about your eating? So, did you just have 2 fills total by your 2nd trimester?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya about your port!

If it's any consolation, I've read about some people having to have their port repositioned, and it seemed to be a fairly simple fix. Does your insurance cover this?

Lisa

Lisa,

I didn't really watch everything I was eating when I was pregnant. I was more concerned with keeping my blood sugar under perfect control.

I actually only had the one fill in the second trimester and just had the second fill in January.

Yes, my insurance will cover the fix - they cover all my visits and fills also.

I think you will do just fine with the band have having another baby. It is funny, the bigger the baby got, the tighter the band was with no fills :cursing:

That's great to know, thanks.

Sounds like you're doing great! Hopefully the band will help you to get rid of the diabetes. My dad is thinking of getting banded to help with his diabetes.

I'm happy with my results so far. I still have more to lose, but it's already been worth it!

Lisa