Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. James Clay Wellborn - Calling all Dr. Wellborn's patients

I went to the seminar, turned in all the paper work and did not hear back about scheduling the surgery. I called Jamie (office scheduler) several times and she kept putting me off about scheduling even a prelimanary appointment with Dr Wellborn. I do not trust this office and believe they must only be interested in you if you want to pay cash or finance the bill through the loan company they recommend. I would recommend that you stay away from this office.

By the way...have went on the Lose-it program and have lost 35 pounds in the past 3 months. If interested, you may want to try this this program before undergoing surgery.

I went to the seminar, turned in all the paper work and did not hear back about scheduling the surgery. I called Jamie (office scheduler) several times and she kept putting me off about scheduling even a prelimanary appointment with Dr Wellborn. I do not trust this office and believe they must only be interested in you if you want to pay cash or finance the bill through the loan company they recommend. I would recommend that you stay away from this office.

By the way...have went on the Lose-it program and have lost 35 pounds in the past 3 months. If interested, you may want to try this this program before undergoing surgery.

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time, Rough2000. I was an insurance patient and have found Jamie, Dr. Wellborn, and the rest of his staff to be great. Your preliminary appointment comes after they have verified insurance coverage and when you are further along in the process. It took me 2 years from when I initially turned in paperwork and my deposit to when I met with Dr. Wellborn. Granted, a lot of that was due to my own fault because I missed a couple of doctor's appointments for my insurance verification, but the end result was worth it. Insurance is a tricky road to navigate through (and a headache and a half), but Jamie and I waded through the mess together and I was banded this past January.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time, Rough2000. I was an insurance patient and have found Jamie, Dr. Wellborn, and the rest of his staff to be great. Your preliminary appointment comes after they have verified insurance coverage and when you are further along in the process. It took me 2 years from when I initially turned in paperwork and my deposit to when I met with Dr. Wellborn. Granted, a lot of that was due to my own fault because I missed a couple of doctor's appointments for my insurance verification, but the end result was worth it. Insurance is a tricky road to navigate through (and a headache and a half), but Jamie and I waded through the mess together and I was banded this past January.

Good luck to you.

bentonhuey...

I originally went to Dr. Wellborn's seminar at the recommendation of a friend that had the procedure done by Dr. Wellborn. He was very satisfied and the procedure has been very successful for him. It's possible that the reason Jamie was ignoring my case was because I'm on Medicare. I also have very good additional insurance if Medicare did not pay. I found Jamie's approach very unprofessional. She justs leave potential patiants hanging out to dry...no feedback whatsoever. Yet Dr. Wellborn's whole staff at the seminal was very quick to bad mouth the insurance companies.

I should be very thankful that I did not get the procedure. By reading some of the Lap Band forums, I found that many people were having to stay at 1500 calories a day after the procedure. I started using the Lose It program on the web and have been very successful...lost 40 lbs since mid February. Have another 60 lbs to go to meet my goal. I've found it very easy to change my eating habits and feel it will be pretty easy to keep the weight off. Plus...no out of pocket expense...and no chance of having to have a procedure reversed.

Best of luck to you,

God bless

I am glad you found a program that works for you. I think that's the key in weight loss--finding something that works and you can stick with, whatever that may be.

Your weight loss is great. Again, sorry you had a bad experience. I wish you the best as you work towards your weight loss goal.

Amanda

bentonhuey...

I originally went to Dr. Wellborn's seminar at the recommendation of a friend that had the procedure done by Dr. Wellborn. He was very satisfied and the procedure has been very successful for him. It's possible that the reason Jamie was ignoring my case was because I'm on Medicare. I also have very good additional insurance if Medicare did not pay. I found Jamie's approach very unprofessional. She justs leave potential patiants hanging out to dry...no feedback whatsoever. Yet Dr. Wellborn's whole staff at the seminal was very quick to bad mouth the insurance companies.

I should be very thankful that I did not get the procedure. By reading some of the Lap Band forums, I found that many people were having to stay at 1500 calories a day after the procedure. I started using the Lose It program on the web and have been very successful...lost 40 lbs since mid February. Have another 60 lbs to go to meet my goal. I've found it very easy to change my eating habits and feel it will be pretty easy to keep the weight off. Plus...no out of pocket expense...and no chance of having to have a procedure reversed.

Best of luck to you,

God bless

I am hoping to schedule surgery this fall. What type of Protein Drink does Wellborn recommend?

Looks like it has been awhile since anyone has posted on this topic...but maybe someone from Dr. Wellborn's clinic can help me. I just finished the post-op class where they teach you about portion size, Protein, and the number of calories you can eat. Loved this class! However, I forgot to ask them about what to expect as far as my first fill. So I am posing this question to other Wellborn patients: what should I expect for my first fill? How many cc's? Etc. So...Wellborn peeps...tell me about your fill experiences!

On a side note, I have been so happy with Dr. Wellborn and his staff. While it was expensive because I am self pay...I am kinda glad I decided to self pay and not pursue insurance, because if I had I would not have been able to use Dr. Wellborn.

Hi! I've been in the process for 2 years now and am getting closer. I'm on the 8th month of my year of medically supervised weight loss attempts, I've been on adipex the entire time so sick of it lol. But I've lost 45 lbs, so now I'm at 226 lbs with a bmi of 38,which scares me bc it's not 40. I have medicare so when I checked last year all I have left to do is my psych eval after this! I am really looking forward to the surgery, meeting with Dr wellborn and starting the rest of my life!

Hi! I've been in the process for 2 years now and am getting closer. I'm on the 8th month of my year of medically supervised weight loss attempts, I've been on adipex the entire time so sick of it lol. But I've lost 45 lbs, so now I'm at 226 lbs with a bmi of 38,which scares me bc it's not 40. I have medicare so when I checked last year all I have left to do is my psych eval after this! I am really looking forward to the surgery, meeting with Dr wellborn and starting the rest of my life!

post-330421-13813139911087_thumb.png

[ATTACH]24024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24024[/ATTACH]