Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~Calling all May 26-ers!~

Today was a good day. This was my first day to venture out of the house. I went on a short shopping excursion and to a doctors appointment. My surgeon's office staff called to see how I was doing. I thought that was nice. I am wearing my pedometer to keep my awareness of how much I am walking. I plan to go to the gym tomrrow for the first time to walk on the treadmill. I cannot complain. It is not a piece of cake but not undoable. I am most happy I took 10 days off from work. A week wouldn't have been enough.

I also made it out of the house for a little bit yesterday. I called the surgeons office and told them I am having a really hard time drinking the Protein shakes. Someone there suggested trying something called New whey. You can find it at GNC and it comes in these 3oz viles. It is like a Syrup or thick melted popsicle. They are fruit flavors without the milky substance. One vile has 42g of Protein. They are gross and also make me gag but they are only 3oz so its much easier to suffer through!

They also told me to try some Tomato or cream of chicken Soup so I can take in some nutrients and calories. The Soup made a big difference and I'm starting to feel like I'm regaining some energy.

My stomach is less sore every day and I am only taking Tylenol for the pain. I had planned to go back to work Monday and I think I will be OK if I can regain a bit more strength and energy over the weekend.

I have had a very speedy recovery. Doesn't even feel like I had surgury just on Tuesday.

I drove to school yesterday to do my registeration and back. I rode to the hospital with my friend to pick up my car and I drove the car back. I even went shopping that yesterday too....lol.

Lost 11 lbs so far and so loving my band.

I'm not really hungry, I live practically on propel Water and some popsicles here and there.

I feel so light and might start exercising today.

So glad to hear that my fellow 5/26ers are doing well. I've been amazed by the improvement I've experienced at my 3rd and 4th days post-op. I have no more serious gas issues, and I'm able to sleep on my side and *almost* on my tummy. I am able to take deep breaths and cough without suffering.

I am finally starting to get a little of my appetite back, and I enjoyed eating something for the first time last night: pureed deli chicken salad with cherries and pecans. (OMG - YUM!)

Doesn't it seem so surreal at times to think 'Wow - I have a band now!'

I am feeling back to normal too. I went to the gym today and did 20 min. on the treadmill and 10 min of 5lb. weights on my upper body. My husband and I went out to lunch and I had a cup of cream of potatoe and artichoke soup--the best thing I have had in 2 1/2 weeks!! I have lost 14 lbs. since starting the pre-op diet and 3 lbs since surgery.

When does everyone go back for first doctor followup? Mine is tomorrow. 1 more day of full liquid:lol: I am so tired of sweet tasting stuff, you know like protien drinks and stuff. I look very much forward to my Soup in a day. I swear I think this part of the journey as absolutley killed my sweet tooth (wouldn't that be nice if it were forever?)

my first doctor's follow-up is also tomorrow and I don't plan to transition to soft food any time soon. my goal is to lose this weight, so I will push myself a little further on my own. I have lost 17 lbs since surgery (didn't do any pre-op diet) and I feel amazing.

I feel weight loss kinda slows down once you transition to soft food and I love seeing my scale move every morning....lol

I don't have a follow up until Monday which will be nearly 2 weeks after surgery. I have had a really hard time with the Protein shakes so I called the Dr.'s office and the nurse told me to go ahead and try Tomato and egg drop Soup and also yogurt and fat free pudding. I have been on those for a few days now and its going well. I hope the doc will tell me to start on "Stage 3" foods next week which will include things like pureed chicken and vegetables. I'm not hungry but I am tired of drinking the same thing every day!

I've lost 8lbs since surgery day but that all came off the first couple of days. I've been at a stand still for the past 4 days.

Hey, chicas!

My pre-op "appointment" is at 2 weeks post-op. Since I live a few hours from my surgeon's office, he allows a "virtual" post-op visit. I'll e-mail photos of my incisions and any questions/concerns I have to the Nurse Practitioner, and I'll consult with the Dietician via e-mail as well. I'm scheduled to transition to soft foods for the following two weeks, and then my first fill will be at the 4 week mark.

I called the surgeons office and told them I am having a really hard time drinking the Protein shakes. Someone there suggested trying something called New Whey. You can find it at GNC and it comes in these 3oz viles. It is like a Syrup or thick melted popsicle. They are fruit flavors without the milky substance. One vile has 42g of Protein. They are gross and also make me gag but they are only 3oz so its much easier to suffer through!

I've heard that if you dilute these protein "bullets" with Water and pour them over ice, they are more like Kool-Aid than thick syrup. HTH! :confused:

I had my post op visit today. Lost 16# since my consult visit. Everything was fine. I start purees on Sunday, then soft in two weeks. My next appointment is July 15 for a fill, if I need it. I am still doing the treadmill 45 min. a day. and feeling great.:redface:

I'm doing great. My surgery went smoothly and I recovered quickly. I am down about 15 pounds since surgery day and actually had the best tasting egg today! lol...I mixed a lil' riccotta in with it to make it softer and it was the best thing since slice bread! lol...

so anyone on purees? what are you eating and in what quantities...I've been on them since day 5 post op and always think i'm eating to much. 1/4 cup 3 times a day and 2 protien shakes, 50ish oz. of water(working on getting more)...scale is still going down,so i'm not sure if im eating enough/to much or what? lol

Edited by AlaskaGirl77
spelling error

I went for my post op on Thursday. It was great to see the doctor look at my starting weight and then my current weight twice! He said I was doing great and could start "mushies." Just like you AlaskaGirl I had a scrambled egg. AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! I am doing 1/4 of a cup 3 times a day and 2 protien shakes and Water. Can you believe we are on this side of the surgery now?! I still can't believe it!

That's awesome jesiel! And yes,I'm still amazaed that i'm on 'this side' of this journey!