Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's pick a name June 2009!!

Name for June 2009 Bandsters  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Name for June 2009 Bandsters

• Looney Junes
    • Looney Junies
    • June Jubilee
    • June Journeys
    • Journey of the Jammin' Juners
    • Jumpin' June Bugs
    • Jammin' Juners

It's time to vote!! You may vote for more than one. If it is a close tie in a week or so then we will vote again on those. Hope this works this time--we really need a name we can all agree on.

I think given that one of the many goals of this is to looks good at the beach that Jammin' Juners with all things Bob Marley is the way to go...Yaaaah Maaaan... :purplebananna:

June 8th - Going under the knife...

I don't like any of these names. I do remember someone came up with a really nice name - she had put some effort into googling all sorts of combinations but LOL I can't remember what it was and don't want to go over every post to find it.

In the big scheme of things its just a name - so whatever everyone else decides I am sure will be fine.

Rats...I like Jammin June Bugs! Guess we have to draw a line somewhere...just naming the group could take awhile otherwise!

hi june journeys

I am scheduled for june 6, 2009

i have tried to link the ticker, but couldn't

any ideas, suggestions...

Nano, once you go to tickerfactory.com and create your ticker, there will be boxes that come up, you have to copy and paste, or at least that's how I did it. Once you've copied it, then you paste it into the "edit signature" box under User CP.

Good luck

Trisha

None of the names caught my eye either. I am a team player though. So whatever the group picks works for since I have no suggestion.

None of the names caught my eye either. I am a team player though. So whatever the group picks works for since I have no suggestion.

Yea me too, was not crazy about about the selection but if I had to choose June Journeys is probably my fave.

Jammin' Juners!!!

Joyful Junies?

Ju-Ju's? (you know - like on Grey's Anatomy, when Christina brought in coffee/latte's for good "ju-ju")

Here are some other adjectives I found in my dictionary

juba |ˈjoōbə|

noun

a dance originating among plantation slaves in the southern U.S., featuring rhythmic handclapping and slapping of the thighs.

ORIGIN late 19th cent.: of unknown origin.

CUZ WE ARE BEING SET FREE FROM OUR SLAVERY TO FOOD!

-------------------------------------

jubilant |ˈjoōbələnt|

adjective

feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph.

-----------------------------

jubilee |ˈjoōbəˌlē; ˌjoōbəˈlē|

noun

a special anniversary of an event, esp. one celebrating twenty-five or fifty years of a reign or activity : [as adj. ] jubilee celebrations.

• Judaism (in Jewish history) a year of emancipation and restoration, celebrated every fifty years.

• (in full Jubilee Year) a period of remission from the penal consequences of sin, granted by the Roman Catholic Church under certain conditions for a year, usually at intervals of twenty-five years.

--------------------------------

jump to it!

informal used to exhort someone to prompt or immediate action.

--------------------

jaunty |ˈjôntē|

adjective ( -tier, -tiest)

having or expressing a lively, cheerful, and self-confident manner : there was no mistaking that jaunty walk.

------------------------------

jaw-dropping

adjective informal

amazing : jaw-dropping displays of genius.

---------------------------

jazz |jaz|

noun

a type of music of black American origin characterized by improvisation, syncopation, and usually a regular orforceful rhythm, emerging at the beginning of the 20th century. Brass and woodwind instruments and piano areparticularly associated with jazz, although guitar and occasionally violin are also used; styles include Dixieland,swing, bebop, and free jazz.

informal enthusiastic or lively talk, esp. when considered exaggerated or insincere : all this jazz about how they can't afford it is preposterous.

------------------------

jewel |ˈjoōəl|

noun

a precious stone, typically a single crystal or a piece of a hard lustrous or translucent mineral, cut into shape with flatfacets or smoothed and polished for use as an ornament.

• (usu. jewels) an ornament or piece of jewelry containing such a stone or stones.

• a hard precious stone used as a bearing in a watch, compass, or other device.

a very pleasing or valued person or thing; a very fine example : she was a jewel of a nurse.

-----------------------------------

jockey |ˈjäkē|

noun ( pl. -eys)

a person who rides in horse races, esp. as a profession.

• an enthusiast or participant in a specified activity : a car jockey.

verb ( -eys, -eyed) [ intrans. ]

struggle by every available means to gain or achieve something : both men will be jockeying for the two top jobs.

• [ trans. ] handle or manipulate (someone or something) in a skillful manner : Jason jockeyed his machine into a dive.

------------------------------------------

joined-up

adjective chiefly Brit.

(of handwriting) written with the characters joined; cursive.

• (especially of a policy) characterized by coordination and coherence of thought; integrated : a joined-up approach to rural poverty, public services, and employment.

------------------------------

Jailbreak

So maybe we can be the JOINED-UP JUNE JOCKEYS

or JOINED-UP JAUNTY JUNE JOCKEYS

Wow, can't stand any of them, I'd rather be June Bug! I'll go with the group though, but I won't like it...hehehee. kathi

Getting ready to start my pre op liquid diet on thursday, :smile: to get banded on the 11th! :eek:

When does the poll close and we get an official name? Surgery is less than a week away, and I don't know my group name. Ya'll don't really want to contribute to my identity crisis do you??? :thumbup: