Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello yall...well im gonna keep this thread close to me b/c even though i enjoy talkin to fellow members from all over, there is no place like home, so thats that..

I have been doing the 90 day pre op required by aetna started in dec initially but things came up in jan so i had to extend the visits and 4/30/09 was my last visit...so now im waiting on my case mgr to submit to insurance.....

I reside in arlington......the new home for the COWBOYS!!

My doctor is Dr. Marsden who is apart of the true results team in the dfw area.

My Case mgr is from Lap Band Solutions who does all the hoop and loops jumping to get approved!

This will be my first surgery ever.....and look foward to a 75-80lbs lost at the most...

This was my first surgery ever too. When I first started the process of going through tests and all the initial appointments, I was nervous...but the surgeon, staff and hospital staff were fantastic and I was really relaxed on the morning of my surgery.

I'm down in Houston - but definitely a Cowboys fan! Especially Zach Thomas!

Best wishes!

My doctor is Dr. Patel out of San Antonio. He now has an office down in Corpus. I'm still really nervous about having a life altering surgery. Also, I have two friends that had the bypass surgery, and, I feel that they are both too skinny. I would just like to lose a little over 70 lbs. I feel the lap band would allow me to adjust the band it I get too skinny. What do guys think? My BMI is about 36, but I am being treated for sleep apnea and high cholesterol and my father's side of the family all have diabetes and my mother died at 57 from heart disease even though she was probably underweight or right at her ideal weight. I'm not married and feel that women don't want to date me cause of my gut.

:thumbdown: Hurray For Texas- I am from the deep east texas and went to my first siminar on 4-30-09. I am ready to move to the next level. I wondering what to expect at my first visit?

Ladydiva903

My doctor is Dr. Patel out of San Antonio. He now has an office down in Corpus. I'm still really nervous about having a life altering surgery. Also, I have two friends that had the bypass surgery, and, I feel that they are both too skinny. I would just like to lose a little over 70 lbs. I feel the lap band would allow me to adjust the band it I get too skinny. What do guys think? My BMI is about 36, but I am being treated for sleep apnea and high cholesterol and my father's side of the family all have diabetes and my mother died at 57 from heart disease even though she was probably underweight or right at her ideal weight. I'm not married and feel that women don't want to date me cause of my gut.

Desert dawg, dont feel that way!!! Believe me there are alot of women that like men on the bigger side....hell im best friends with two of them!!! And they are skinny chicks!! but anyways im with u on the whole fact of not getting too skinny.....as i have said in previous posts i just want to be thick healthy where i dont have to shop in the plus size stores anymore so anywhere from 70-75lbs is my goal of weight loss.....my healthy bmi for my height is 25 but im aiming for a bmi between 27-29....Curves is what im looking for under my fat not bones!! For you, im sure u would like to loose the gut and just tone and tighten up.....right?

:thumbdown: Hurray For Texas- I am from the deep east texas and went to my first siminar on 4-30-09. I am ready to move to the next level. I wondering what to expect at my first visit?

Ladydiva903

Hi LadyDiva903,

I'm not banded yet, but I would think it will depend on your surgeon as to what will happen on your first visit. At my first visit I saw the office nurse who got my vitals and had me write down all of my medications and previous surgeries. Then I saw the doc, and he asked me which procedure I wanted. After I told him the Lap-Band, we discussed the band and how it worked, etc. He had a little model thing there in the room. After I saw the doc, I talked to his nurse that is with him during surgery, the dietitian, and the person in charge of insurance and financing. I can't say you will have the same experience, that's just what my experience was. It wasn't scary at all.

Joan

Hello Everyone! I am Krystal and I am currently at Fort Hood, Texas. I was banded April 28th and I am doing okay thus far . . .

Nice to meet you all!!

They called me on Friday, told me they are sending everything in for Aetna. Holding my breath now!

Hi there. I am new to this site and the process. I have first appointment with surgeon this Tuesday. I would appreciate any advice on what I should ask; don't want to forget anything important. So far I know my insurance (Aetna) covers surgery at 100% and that my BMI at 42 puts me on the 3 month plan. I assume the goal is to get healthy (liver fat), exercise and lose some weight before surgery, but what happens if you lose too much weight - will the doc specify how much I should lose? I have chosen Dr Matin and will have surgery at Baylor Grapevine. For now, I am just learning as much as I can and trying to be patient, but I am ready to begin this journey and change my life. For the first time ever I really believe that normal weight is possible for me.

They called me on Friday, told me they are sending everything in for Aetna. Holding my breath now!

That's great! They have all of my stuff, including the 6 month thing with my regular doc, so I'm just sitting here in limbo. I hope the hospital gets their certification soon!

Good luck with your insurance approval. Keep me informed. :smile:

Joan

Kinzi- I was told by my doctor that there is no way I would lose too much weight in 3 months that the insurance would deny me for that reason.

Hi there. I am new to this site and the process. I have first appointment with surgeon this Tuesday. I would appreciate any advice on what I should ask; don't want to forget anything important. So far I know my insurance (Aetna) covers surgery at 100% and that my BMI at 42 puts me on the 3 month plan. I assume the goal is to get healthy (liver fat), exercise and lose some weight before surgery, but what happens if you lose too much weight - will the doc specify how much I should lose? I have chosen Dr Matin and will have surgery at Baylor Grapevine. For now, I am just learning as much as I can and trying to be patient, but I am ready to begin this journey and change my life. For the first time ever I really believe that normal weight is possible for me.

I was told the Initial Weight is what is the determining factor. I was also worried about losing too much and then being denied, but the Dr told me no worries, and that the more you lose prior to surgery is the less you will have to worry about after the band.

Also I believe insurance companies want to see compliance. If you can't follow a diet now why would you do it after they pay for your surgery. The band is a WONDERFUL tool, but you still have to do your part to have success.

Good luck!!

Kinzi- I was told by my doctor that there is no way I would lose too much weight in 3 months that the insurance would deny me for that reason.

Thanks so much, that makes me feel better. I am so ready to get started now, but didn't want to do anything to blow my chances of approval.

Thanks! I am ready to get started and really do want to start off on the right foot, so it's good to know I don't really have to worry about losing too much (sounds funny doesn't it?, I should be so lucky). Ready for change!

Hi, I am in Katy TX. I think this group is a great idea. I am scheduled for surgery in July. Wish me luck !! I have a feeling its going to be harder than I think. :thumbup:weight.png

Good morning to everyone!! I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I was banded yesterday May 11th. It went great and I feel really good. I just went for a walk around the block and I am drinking my jigger every 15 minutes. Can't wait to really get all this gas off and be more proactive!! How is everyone else doing? Hope all is well!!