Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas Medicaid Will Pay For Lap Band Surgery

I am from Texas and im here to let everyone know That Texas

Medicaid will pay for lap Band surgery yes you heard me right

the clinic has to be a center of excellence before medicaid will pay for it to be done and there's other things you have to do

If anyone needs more information or the clinic im going to have my done at in Oct i hope fill free to e-mail me Ill help you anyway I can

Michael:thumbup:

I am responding to you several ways, hopfully you will see at least one. I live in DFW area of Texas, and have traditional medicaid. (Not Parkland supplement or Ameriquest, just Medicaid). I have a BMI of 42, with High BP, sleep apnea, and cannot climb stairs. My general practitioner has suggested this procedure, and says that in his opinion it is medically necessary. Center of Excellance - are you referring to the hospital? I looked and have found that Medical City of Dallas has announced that they have earned the title. So, now, how do I find a surgeon, I have called about 30 doctors on the medicaid list, and none accept medicaid, or they do not preform this procedure. Medicaid only gives me a list of "Gastroentologists", they do not have a list of bariatric surgeons. Do I just book an appointment with their Bariatric dept? PLEASE HELP!!

You just call all bariatric surgery clinics and ask them.

i am also struggling to find a doctor in the dallas area who takes medicaid ... my primary doctor already gave me the yes on it being medically necessary ... now i have called everywhere and so far no luck ... im getting frustrated that medicaid will pay for me to have it done and there is no doctor around who will accept medicaid ... i don't understand why no doctor will accept medicaid if they are still going to get paid anyway ... if anybody knows of a doctor in the dallas area who will take medicaid please help me out ...i would greatly appreciate it ... thanks !

Dr . Jayasleen in Dallas takes medicaid .. his website is www.texaslapbandcenter.com I believe .. His phone number is 972-566-2263 ... He is awesome !

i have been searching for a surgeon for my 17 year old son on texas medicaid. He has a DR referrel, and has once been approved for gastric bypass...that was too invasive. Please send me some info...pamelaparrott@att.net

hello micheal i was wondering if you can help me. I was wondering how i could get Medicaid to pay for my lapband surgery. Im in HOUSTON AREA IF any info you can give w/b im THANKFUL im 5'1 am an 245 bmi of 46 hard time breathing sleeping etc.......

i was also approved once for it .i had united healthcare. thing took a turn did not get it done 3 years ago now im on medicaid plain medicaid an am now looking for a primary doc an i need a surgeon that will accept medicaid im in the HOUSTON AREA so if anyone has info plz respond IM SERIOUS about MY LIFE. THK U

I would love to get more info on medicaid paying for the surgery you can email me ashleyzamorano@yahoo.com put the subject weightless surgery awsome thank you:thumbup:

I am from Texas and im here to let everyone know That Texas

Medicaid will pay for LAP-BAND® surgery yes you heard me right

the clinic has to be a center of excellence before medicaid will pay for it to be done and there's other things you have to do

If anyone needs more information or the clinic im going to have my done at in Oct i hope fill free to e-mail me Ill help you anyway I can

Michael:thumbup:

Hello Michael,

I am in San Antonio and would like for you to help me by giving me some information on Medicaid paying for lap band surgery. I am desperate to get help and have no other insurance but Medicaid.

Thank you :lol:

Cher

I am in San Antonio and I want to know how to get medicaid to pay for the lap band surgery?

hi my name is adriana,and im looking for a surgeon in fort worth or dallas to do my lapband, the problem im having is that im on medicaid and i just can not find a surgeon that accept medicaid my bmi is 52.6 . can anybody HELP ME PLS ITS SO FRUSTRATING THANK YOU ADRIANA YOU CAN REACH ME AT yahoo. sweetsugar962003@yahoo.com thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu