Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Singles: What size for dating?

What size were you before you felt comfortable to start dating  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What size were you before you felt comfortable to start dating

• Size 18
    • Size 16
    • Size 14
    • Sziq 12

In the 30+ years that I've known my husband, my weight has varied from a low of 135 to a high of 240. He's loved me along the whole spectrum- says it has been like having a whole series of different lovers all with the same girl inside. :)

I didn't answer the poll, because I wasn't at any of those sizes when I was dating. When I met my first husband, I was probably a size 22/24. We split after I'd gotten banded, and by that time, although I'd lost about 67 pounds, I hadn't gone down a lot in sizes - I was still just over 200, and probably a size 20. I didn't anguish it at all. I got remarried in 2008, and my husband now loves me just like I am (although he's encouraging me to exercise to stay healthy, he's not pushing me to "get skinny").

Dating? lolwut.

I'm 20 and I've never been on a date. Today, I clocked in at 201.8 lbs and a size 16. Who's asking me out? No one. Who's looking my way? No one. And I'm damn cute too.

Now is it me? The people I hang out with (my closest friend is a 0-1)? Or the geographical location? You tell me bandsters.

Natasha I'm the exact same as you!! I'm also 20 and never been on a date. I was around 325 and a size 24 when I was banded and am now 208 and a size 14. There were no boys looking at me before and none looking at me now even tho I feel as if I could be comfortable dating now. Why is this????

Way to go to all the ladies out there who picked 16 or 18 in the polls - A woman can be sexy at any size. I believe that it all just has to do with convincing yourself... to have confidence! That's the trick. That's all there is to it - seriously! And so many real men out there who actually know and appreciate that :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• allwet

this one is a bit of a slog to get thru but it is important to see the differences they are trying to define.
      https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/2A9776922A28F8F757BDA32C3266AC2A/S1368980017000234a.pdf/un_decade_of_nutrition_the_nova_food_classification_and_the_trouble_with_ultraprocessing.pdf
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS

Dinner tonight was: a dessert plate (cuz it's small) topped w/ dark leafy greens, refried beans & stewed shredded chicken. Pretty good.
      · 0 replies
    • CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS

This is great, but having difficulty changing where it says under my moniker & next to my profile picture, "Pre Op" to ---> "Post Op".  I'm new, but had my Gastric Bypass procedure 06 February 2018. Halp! lol  Also, how do I post Before & current "After/ Work In Progress" photos?  Do I post it/ them in this status box? Any assistance appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance. Toodles!
      · 1 reply
      1. CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS

Nevermind, I found the answers from the HELP thread. :)

• AshleyDosie

Day 3 of the liquid pre-op diet. I haven't felt too bad, but my brain wants some food!!! I can do this!
      · 0 replies
    • FullMoonFanny

Day 2 of pureed food diet, 15 day post Sx. I'm eating lunch (leftover taco ground beef mixed with 2% cottage cheese) and wondering "Am I full? Am I full? How will I know I am full?" I've prepared about a 1/2 cup total and eaten about a half of that. Then I get the familiar pressure behind my sternum, like a burp is just sitting there wanting to come up. I hiccup a couple times and gas bubbles up from my belly. There's no feeling of fullness in my stomach, its all in my chest. I guess this is full for me? I am just learning what full feels like. For the new me, fullness isn't leaning back from the table with my hands on my belly wanting to unbutton my jeans. Fullness is a feeling low in my chest that the food has stopped going down. Air is trying to escape to make room. It's the feeling of really needing to burp. Still learning.

· 1 reply
      1. gabybab

I get a heavy feeling in my chest and can't burp, then the hiccups come and they are loud and obnoxious

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs