Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

43% Pay NO Federal Income Tax - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Yup plain, that's right. Pretty obvious that our brains do not allow us all to perceive things in exactly the same way, eh?

Thanks for your response, Jack.

Actually they say true costs are hard to pinpoint. There has been lots of creative calculating going on during these long years of the Iraq war and the numbers vary pretty widely depending on who you're reading.

The Iraq war is projected to cost into the trillions. And as far as I know, that was first revealed in 2008. The numbers have probably gone up since then, especially if you add in Afghanistan. Interestingly the Bush administration tried to gloss over the true cost of the war and even cut taxes during the time when billions were being spent over there every month. That added fuel to the fire on our road to a deep recession.

There are creative numbers being reported everywhere today about everything the government has done and is doing and is even planning to do.

However, most credible economists all agree that the steps that the Obama administration has taken are vital to a recovery.

However, most credible economists all agree that the steps that the Obama administration has taken are vital to a recovery.

Would they belong to the same bogus organizations as those few scientists who claim that global warming really exists? :thumbup:

By the way, what is stealing from Peter to pay Paul doing for us so far? Sounds to me like Paul keeps squandering Peter's hard-earned dough and Peter just keeps getting more broke.

Is this a bonna fide fact, or your opinion? If it's a fact, please give me some names to Google!! Because most economists that I read say that all the spending is going to lead to an increase in interest rates and inflation, probably within 6 months (I can link if ya want)

I believe it is better to spend all our money on protecting us from future terrorists than to spend it on unnecessary crap!

Would they belong to the same bogus organizations as those few scientists who claim that global warming really exists? :mad2:

Yeah Beth... good point. Am I going to believe you or my lyin' eyes?

In all seriousness, to answer all ya'll's comments, I choose to believe what my intellect and my research tell me. And I listen to and believe people whom I think are credible right after I listen to people that hold opposing views - like you all. It is like believin' my lyin' eyes.

plain, you and I obviously do not expose ourselves to the same information. You keep asking me to cite my sources. I have lots and lots of sources. I am constantly open to hearing the news and learning what experts are saying but I sure don't spend my day looking for stuff to use as rebuttal to comments here at LBT. I think that if you don't believe or listen to what many authorities have said publically on the subject anyway, why would I waste my time trying to give you sources that you're just wanting to use to tell me how wrong I am and they are?

You do not seem to have a mind that is closed like a steel trap, but you continue to wonder where I got my info. Look around dude, if you really want to, you'll find all kinds of information just as easily as I do.

plain, you and I obviously do not expose ourselves to the same information.

You do not seem to have a mind that is closed like a steel trap, but you continue to wonder where I got my info. Look around dude, if you really want to, you'll find all kinds of information just as easily as I do.

Right, but......I could find info supporting the "Flat Earth" theory if I wanted to. That doesn't make it a correct theory, know what I mean?

In the age of internet news, it's real easy to believe what you blindly read. But that's asking to be burned (remember Dan Rather and "ROTC-gate"? He could still be working if he had done a little research before trying to break the story).

Edited by plain

You're absolutely right man. You can read anything. It used to be that if something was in print and reported as news you could pretty well trust it. That's long gone. Now you can even find writings that claim that Dubya is a genius in disguise and that Rush Limbaugh has the country's best interests in his big ole' heart. Yeah, right.

No way can you trust everything you read. It does take some intellect to separate the truth from some writer's wet dream. (In the mood to be crude, sorry.)

It's been made more than apparent that whenever some idiot starts freakin' out on the news, sheeple follow. I.e. swine flu, "global warming," Obama being president-worthy material and not just some "community organizer"... :thumbup:

You keep asking me to cite my sources. I have lots and lots of sources. I am constantly open to hearing the news and learning what experts are saying but I sure don't spend my day looking for stuff to use as rebuttal to comments here at LBT. I think that if you don't believe or listen to what many authorities have said publically on the subject anyway, why would I waste my time trying to give you sources that you're just wanting to use to tell me how wrong I am and they are?.

Honestly and sincerely, BJean, I would like to see any source you can provide from leading economists that would give me some hope that the Obama administration is indeed doing the right thing. Here I am, I am ready to listen to the opposing viewpoint and take into serious consideration. Please provide some links and sources (even by PM if you like) and I promise not to say a word in opposition to you. I just would like to read the info you can provide. Thanks.

Well, Beth, in spite of your feelings on the matter, I'd still like to hear from BJean. Just PM them BJ.

Well, Beth, in spite of your feelings on the matter, I'd still like to hear from BJean. Just PM them BJ.

I'd say if legitimate data exists that proves that what is happening is good and/or working, she would want to share it here. She can PM you if you wish, but I would also ask her to provide proof for her claims here as well.

But she does not need or want to "debate" or have to defend her references. You need that. She doesn't. I don't need it either. I am perfectly capable of filtering through the data myself.

But she does not need or want to "debate" or have to defend her references. You need that. She doesn't. I don't need it either. I am perfectly capable of filtering through the data myself.

The problem, Terri, is BJean tosses out information as "fact" yet has nothing factual to back up her claims. That is where plain and I take issue -- if these things were listed as her opinion, that is one thing. But she claims that these are facts yet provides no proof of these "facts."

Once you put something out as a fact, you are, in essence, debating the opposing side. The least she owes when she claims something as fact is to back it up with proof. Now, if she wants to say she "believes" these things are working for the economy, it puts it in a whole nuther ball game. Then she can choose to explain why she believes this.

Obviously she can also choose to not back up her "factual claims" with proof as well, but it diminishes her stand, imo.