Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am freaking out! The time is nearly here- 3 more days. I have my surgery on Friday the 17th.

I did cheat a LITTLE on my preop diet- during easter and last Friday I had a Sandwich from Subway. I have lost 13 pounds, but I'm still so scared I won't be able to have my surgery. I can see many people have had the surgery despite some cheating, but I'm getting anxiety here, lol.

I'm also so scared to be under anesthesia- I've never had surgery before and that part of it makes me nervous.

I pray this is the right decision for me. 3 more days, just gotta' make it til Friday.

Good luck to you!! I am sure you will be fine! I think we all went through that panic mode at one time!!

Well if this makes you feel any better my surgeon doesn't require a lengthy pre-op diet. I've only got one day of liquids.< /p>

Hi there, I'm right there with you, I am living out the first day of my pre-Op Diet, to say it's been hard would be an under statement, but hey only another nine more days of that and then the fun really starts! My surgery date is 24th April, and I have all the same fears as you do!

Hi there, I'm a real techno phobe, so forgive me if this message goes a-rye.:)

I just wanted to show you some support from the UK, believe me I share all the same fears as you do and I only started my Pre-Op diet today! It's been really hard actually, I am starting to think that there may be a cheat some where down the line, I'm flipping starving!:)

My surgery is scheduled for 24th, and I expect just as you, as the time approached I will be kacking myself, but the ends must justify the means, so hang in there girl, you're gonna be fine. :sad:

17 lbs is amazing! Don't panick about your little cheats. You can jump right back on track. The pre-op diet is mainly for the purpose of shrinking your liver durging surgery to decrease bleeding and after a 17 lbs weight loss I'm sure you should be fine. I had my surgery just a little over a month ago and trust me, The night before the big op day..I broke down, and had anxiety, and cried. But the next day..I was up and ready to go. The surgery was such a cake walk. Easier than the pre-op diet. It went so smoothly and I have never ever regretted it. I think you are doing a great thing for you and your health and of course it's natural to be nervous but once it's done and over with you will be saying "Oh was that all?"

I understand how you feel. I am getting banded on the 22nd and I started my pre op diet on Easter. It is not only liquids, but it is very restrictive. I have had some major hungry episodes. I just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it! You can do it, just get back on track. Some people don't even have a pre op diet, which I don't understand, but I figured if I am gonna do something this drastic I need to go by the book and do what my surgeon wants me to do. Good luck to you!!! You will be fine!

Thank you all so much. I have 2 more days... tomorrow I have my pre-op testing- blood work, ekg, chest xray, and of course i have to sign paperwork. I also have my FULL day of all liquids- AHH! I have been feeling on edge all day since it was my last day at work- I'll be off for the next 11 days. I'm so nervoussssssssssss

I just got approved on 4-13, and set up my pre-op stuff. My surgery date is 5-5. My MD does not recommend a pre-op liquid diet because he says he wants his patients to be as healthy and nourished as possible before surgery so as to heal better. Also, he has never gone in, said the liver is too fat, and closed up without doing the banding. He was the first MD in the state to do a lap-band and has been doing it for 9 years (over 800 surgeries) so I feel confident that he knows what he's doing. I feel for you all who have to suffer with a long pre-op liquid diet. Just keep your eyes on the prize! :) And yes, I'm getting nervous now, too, because I've never been under anesthesia either, never had an IV, don't think I've ever suffered serious pain (no babies) and don't know what to expect. I just keep saying, "I'm tired of being fat and this is what I need to do to stop being it."

I made it! Like you Deb, I'd never had any surgeries and the thought of the anesthesia freaked me out alot. I had a panic attack at 4:30 in the morning yesterday and cried my eyes out about how scared I was. I have an amazing boyfriend who calmed me down.

I was at the hospital by 7:30- originally had my surgery scheduled for 10 but for whatever reason it got pushed up to 1pm. Talk about a Long wait! Luckily I had my family there (more like an entourage) and great nurses that really helped me keep my mind of it and reminded me I had nothing to worry about.

Afterward, the surgeon told my father and boyfriend that I did "beautifully" and my liver was very small, which meant he could tell I was dedicated to the pre-op diet. Despite my minor easter cheating I stuck to the diet BIG time the last week- which obviously helped.

I feel good now, no major pain, walking around and slowly drinking a Protein shake. I can already feel the tightness when I drink too much or take too big of a gulp. I am so excited.

My family and everyone on here is right- there's nothing to worry about. If you follow the directions it all goes smoothly.

:tt1:

YEAY!!!! So glad to hear all is well. I too am having surgery and have NEVER had surgery before! I am freaking out!!! Kudos for you and your success!!!!

MissChristina, glad to hear every thing went well for you. I will have my surgery on April 21-Tuesday. I too am very afraid of anesthesia b/c I have never been under before. Even though I have some friend that are Anesthesiologist, you think that would help by talking with them, No Not me I am still scared out of my mind. Good luck on your new healthy life.