Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

OMG 8 hours. This took nearly 3 and I was an emotional wreck by the time I got there.

I figure I worked twice as hard as the people who finished first. I was out there twice as long. :frown:

My full is the Dallas White Rock one in December.

Well the tests clearly show a prolaps. :thumbdown:I didn't get information on how big, etc. I have a followup in two weeks to discuss options. He gave me four options, 1. do nothing (not an option, too much pain):shocked: 2. take the band out (last option in my opinion):cheers2: 3.replace the band (don't know if insurance will go along with that one):grouphug: 4. convert to a bypass. (not my idea of a good option) :crying:I guess I will have to wait to hear his explanation and recommendations.:P It's liquids and mushies for the next couple of weeks. :frown: Who knows maybe I'll get to Onederland.:blink:

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayer's. I could feel them. God is in control and He is not going to send me someplace He can't protect me.

OMG 8 hours. This took nearly 3 and I was an emotional wreck by the time I got there.

I figure I worked twice as hard as the people who finished first. I was out there twice as long. :frown:

My full is the Dallas White Rock one in December.

You go girl! I did a 5K (walking) and thought I had accomplished something. I did five K in just over 44 minutes so I was pushing it. I need to start training again and do another one soon. I admire your for being so encouraging to all of us.

Take care!

Well the tests clearly show a prolaps. :thumbdown:I didn't get information on how big, etc. I have a followup in two weeks to discuss options. He gave me four options, 1. do nothing (not an option, too much pain):shocked: 2. take the band out (last option in my opinion):cheers2: 3.replace the band (don't know if insurance will go along with that one):grouphug: 4. convert to a bypass. (not my idea of a good option) :crying:I guess I will have to wait to hear his explanation and recommendations.:P It's liquids and mushies for the next couple of weeks. :frown: Who knows maybe I'll get to Onederland.:blink:

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayer's. I could feel them. God is in control and He is not going to send me someplace He can't protect me.

Oh SLG--I'm so sorry. I am just SHOCKED that your doc even sent you home knowing you have a slip. Especially with the symptoms you are having:eek: I was in the hospital 2 hours after they diagnosed my slip! My insurance covered my band replacement because I was in an emergency situation and it was deemed "medically necessary". I am just awe-struck at how different doctors can be. Two weeks just seems way too long to not do something about this...especially if you're in pain!! PLEASE don't wait that long if your pain continues! I would demand more answers from your doc and get a resolution quick! I'm just so sorry you're going through this and I really hope you get taken care of SOONER THAN LATER! At least you got the tests done so you know what you're dealing with..but sheesh....don't let my sweet SLG suffer:mad2:!!

Oh SLG--I'm so sorry. I am just SHOCKED that your doc even sent you home knowing you have a slip. Especially with the symptoms you are having:eek: I was in the hospital 2 hours after they diagnosed my slip! My insurance covered my band replacement because I was in an emergency situation and it was deemed "medically necessary". I am just awe-struck at how different doctors can be. Two weeks just seems way too long to not do something about this...especially if you're in pain!! PLEASE don't wait that long if your pain continues! I would demand more answers from your doc and get a resolution quick! I'm just so sorry you're going through this and I really hope you get taken care of SOONER THAN LATER! At least you got the tests done so you know what you're dealing with..but sheesh....don't let my sweet SLG suffer:mad2:!!

Thanks Thinner! I kind of feel that way but the explanation I got was liquid is going through without pain so I can get by. My doc is very conservative and doesn't want to cut unless he has to. Everyone has a different opinion. To further complicate things my Aunt's funeral is at the same time as my follow up appointment and I live the closest so I am the designated attendee so I have to call them tomorrow to see if they can move it to the week before.

I had a long chat with the nurse and she eased my mind some. Like I said, if I stick to liquids and Soup and cottage cheese, I should be fine and lose a few pounds. I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's while I had my pitty party and now I am over it.

Well the tests clearly show a prolaps. :thumbdown:I didn't get information on how big, etc. I have a followup in two weeks to discuss options. He gave me four options, 1. do nothing (not an option, too much pain):coffee: 2. take the band out (last option in my opinion):yikes: 3.replace the band (don't know if insurance will go along with that one):shocked: 4. convert to a bypass. (not my idea of a good option) :crying:I guess I will have to wait to hear his explanation and recommendations.:P It's liquids and mushies for the next couple of weeks. :frown: Who knows maybe I'll get to Onederland.:grouphug:

OMGoodness... :cheers2:

I was really hoping for much better news for you! But, as it is - I wish I could make up your mind for you so you wouldn't have to fret so about it.

One thing I do know is that you are a tough lady and you can overcome it. All your options have problems, but if you like at least try to be re-banded. You never know, I'm hoping my insurance would do it for me if I needed it!

Bypass? For me that would have to be a no. I already have nutrient problems and I'm sure I'd be too sick or die from it. Have you thought about the sleeve? Not sure, just a suggestion.

Brighter side? Yeah! You just might make it to onederland!!!!! :blink:

OMGoodness... :P

I was really hoping for much better news for you! But, as it is - I wish I could make up your mind for you so you wouldn't have to fret so about it.

One thing I do know is that you are a tough lady and you can overcome it. All your options have problems, but if you like at least try to be re-banded. You never know, I'm hoping my insurance would do it for me if I needed it!

Bypass? For me that would have to be a no. I already have nutrient problems and I'm sure I'd be too sick or die from it. Have you thought about the sleeve? Not sure, just a suggestion.

Brighter side? Yeah! You just might make it to onederland!!!!! :frown:

I have the same opinion of the bypass as you do. It's too irreversable and I'm just not comfortable with it. I'm sure someone will loan me the money if my insurance screws me over. I have to call them tomorrow. The nurse at my doctor's office said my insurance probably wouldn't pay for the sleeve, and again, it's pretty irreversable. I'm going to pray about it for the next two weeks and try to leave it there.

HMMMM I wonder if I could get a trade in allowance for the old band like you can on an old car?????:blink:

Oh St Louis...you must be SO disappointed. I mean, it is good to know what you are dealing with, but still very upsetting in the options etc. Perhaps you should contact your insurer and just ask about covering the costs for a replacement. Then when you see the Doc next you at least have that information. I too would probably want to see the doc sooner than later - or is he waiting that long in the hopes that the prolapse will reverse itself? Is that even possible? If so, is that why he wants you to stick with mushies (although probably not Ben and Jerry's, right?)

I am sending good thoughts to you.

There is NOTHING like seeing that finish line. When I trained for and completed my marathon in 2007, I will NEVER forget the feeling of seeing the word 'FINISH". I still can't believe I did 26.2 miles when I was 240 pounds:eek:..let alone all the training. I've been seriously considering training for another one now that I'm 90 pounds lighter. I bet I would finish in less that 8hrs 42mins...ummm...ya...that's how long it took! You have TOTALLY inspired me.

WOW Marathinner - you did 26 miles BEFORE the band?!?! I doubt I could do that now...walking! Running is not in my vocabulary. Running - Bah!! Walking, ok. But running?!?!?

I figure I worked twice as hard as the people who finished first. I was out there twice as long. :mad:.

I think your logic is ...well, logical!:thumbup:

Oh St Louis...you must be SO disappointed. I mean, it is good to know what you are dealing with, but still very upsetting in the options etc. Perhaps you should contact your insurer and just ask about covering the costs for a replacement. Then when you see the Doc next you at least have that information. I too would probably want to see the doc sooner than later - or is he waiting that long in the hopes that the prolapse will reverse itself? Is that even possible? If so, is that why he wants you to stick with mushies (although probably not Ben and Jerry's, right?)

I am sending good thoughts to you.

Ben and Jerry's was probably a really bad choice but once in a while I'm prone to indulge. I'm going back to writing down what I eat tomorrow. I needed the pitty party tonight. I drank a bottle of Isopure too, does that help. It was under 1500 calories for the day.

I think waiting to see what will happen is in his mind. Maybe a complete unfill and a couple of weeks on mushies will help. At least they have really good Soup where I work, and they strive to make them pretty healthy. I think Cottage cheese will be my new best friend too.

It's a bump in the road. I'll get it figured out. I think my doc is the best of the best and I trust him so if he says it's safe to wait, it probably is.

Sorry SLG. I think most of us bandsters always have the fear in the back of our minds that something like that could happen to us, and it has to some. I sure hope whatever you decide on works out well. Best wishes to you.

As for the rest of us we just need to keep on truckin'. Maybe there's not just one right answer, maybe always trying different things can lead to success. Maybe when you burn out on one thing just move on to something else instead of thinking you have to start whatever your doing again feeling like a failure. Just a thought. Let's keep climbing this mountain together!

Oh no SLG, I'm sorry to hear about the slip! Maybe it's minor enough that they're hoping it will work itself out? does that happen? LOL

Fingers crossed for you!

Sorry SLG. I think most of us bandsters always have the fear in the back of our minds that something like that could happen to us, and it has to some. I sure hope whatever you decide on works out well. Best wishes to you.

As for the rest of us we just need to keep on truckin'. Maybe there's not just one right answer, maybe always trying different things can lead to success. Maybe when you burn out on one thing just move on to something else instead of thinking you have to start whatever your doing again feeling like a failure. Just a thought. Let's keep climbing this mountain together!

Oh no SLG, I'm sorry to hear about the slip! Maybe it's minor enough that they're hoping it will work itself out? does that happen? LOL

Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks ladies. I'm hoping it will resolve it's self before I see the doctor again. Gotta keep climbing the mountain.

I think we all live with the fear that we'll be the next one posting about a band problem. There but for the grace of God go I and my band!

So sorry, SLG. I love that you're making it a matter or prayer and careful consideration. That's what I would do as well. Hopefully it will resolve itself and all will be well with your innards. :thumbup:

Angie, congrats on your half! I was training for one with my sister and I quit because of my hip. She continued on and did it. I was a little jealous that it wasn't me doing it as well. I don't know if I'll ever work on long-distance running again. We'll have to see.

I've done really well on my two days on the Body For Life program. Today's workout was a 20 minute aerobics workout. That was blissfully short, although very intense.

Must get to bed. So glad to know all of you!

StLG, I'm hoping the band/stomach can make amends. I've heard happen many times before so definitely don't lose hope, and keep your prayers going!

Jul, you're right and that mindset (changing up my routine) was really the only thing that has changed my direction. Great advice!

Angie, great job!

SHM, I know what you mean. I was loving to run myself, but it just wasn't meant to be for me. I've found my elliptical kinda gives me that great feeling like running used to. So glad I found it!

Have a fantastic day VV's!