Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***bunny bandsters april 09 master thread #2 ***

I was banded yesterday. I'm feeling much sorer today. It;s the port part that is bothering me. I have experienced shoulder pain. My stomach is being very focal today which I'm taking as a good sign.

I had two cups warm tea, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup carnation instant Breakfast and some Water. The Water isn't going down as easily for me. I hope that changes because I really like water. I don't see how I'm going to get 64oz in. I'm trying to be a model bunny bandster but I think I might be lacking :) I did take two walks today, one for 20 the other 30 minutes.

I'm glad to hear that everything has gone smoothly for everyone this month. I had my surgery on Tuesday the 14th and stayed overnight in the hospital. The main thing I'm having difficulty with is getting in all the Protein I need. I found some of the nectar stuff and am now drinking it. It is tolerable but not the greatest. I'm on liquids until I see the doc next Thursday. Anyone else having trouble with that? I'm not particularly hungry but food was my hobby and it's weird to lose that so suddenly.

The bloating seems to be improving somewhat although it's still there.

I am nervous about returning to work. Anyone else have that fear? I am afraid I won't be able to think clearly enough to get my job done. I guess I shouldn't worry about that now. Take it one step at a time.

Thank you for listening.

I wish all the April bandsters the best going through this life changing event. Take care.

I feel the same way Auntbrat, I was banded on Monday and I am nervous about going back to work...it's hard to concentrate. All the soreness is gone and I am all healed and physically I feel wonderful. However, mentally I feel miserable b/c I can't eat anything... and I am tired..weak and frustrated with myself.

I m worried that I wont lose any weight...and that I'll be failure at this... or it'll be just like every other diet I've ever been on..lose some weight...gain it back... or just not lose any at all. I am scared this is all going to be a waste. I hate myself right now... so many questions that only time can answer and it sucks.

I wanna eat things other than broth, shakes, Water, pudding, and Soup... I am starting to regret this whole procedure. I def. need a boost and help... I need to know that this will work... I've lost like 13lbs since the liquid diet before surgery... but I don't know how I can keep this up...I m starting to doubt myself and everything I've done...

:) sad, confused... this is horrible

Hi, everyone I am just now feeling up to typing...wanted to let you know that I made it, but am in a bit of pain today.

My surgery was at 9 am and I got to my room after recovery at 1:45. I walked the halls about a half hour after getting to my room even though I was groggy. I had a lot of shoulder pain from the gas, but forcing myself to walk a lot helped with that.

I left the hospital this morning at 11 and have been home now for a few hours. I do miss the hospital bed! lol Loved how it could be adjusted.

My surgeon came in this morning and said everything went fine, but she found a hiatal hernia that I didn't even know I had! She repaired it while she was in there, thank goodness.

I don't feel the port pain at all, it is mostly on the left under my ribs area. She said I can shower already, but I want the steri strips to stay on as long as possible, so I will cover them with something. The port site is covered with a waterproof bandage.

How are you all doing on getting the liquids in? I am sipping, sipping, sipping, but seems like I am no where near 64 ounces for the day. I have had broth, slimfast hi Protein, crystal light and some Water, but64 ounces? it is not gonna happen today.

Just took some pain med, makes me really sleepy, but takes away the pain really well! Hope you all are doing okay, Hang in there...it will only get better! Oh yeah, I am bloated feeling too:unsure:Guess that is normal. I am impressed at how small the incisions are. Guess they need to inflate us pretty well to see everything.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Banded yesterday 4-16. Just go home a few hours ago. Had to wait on DH to get off from work to pic me up and then spent about 2 hours in traffic. Surgery went fine. funny thing though for some reason I woke up and the only pain I could feel was in my left calf. Last night I had some pain and still a little bit today. I think it's gas. I just had some broth and getting ready to take some gas-x and hopefully clear it out. No should pain yet (knock on wood).

Well good luck to you bunny bandsters you have been banded and to all those who will be banded soon.

I m worried that I wont lose any weight...and that I'll be failure at this... or it'll be just like every other diet I've ever been on..lose some weight...gain it back... or just not lose any at all. I am scared this is all going to be a waste. I hate myself right now... so many questions that only time can answer and it sucks.

I wanna eat things other than broth, shakes, Water, pudding, and soup... I am starting to regret this whole procedure. I def. need a boost and help... I need to know that this will work... I've lost like 13lbs since the liquid diet before surgery... but I don't know how I can keep this up...I m starting to doubt myself and everything I've done...

:sad: sad, confused... this is horrible

Hi, first of all take a deeeep breath and know you are not alone here! I just had surgery yesterday and have been seeing food on tv, and watching my daughters and hubby eat and though I am not too hungry for it, I have been thinking about it alot! Maybe its my pain med, but I am often dozing off and sort of dreaming about eating dtuff, then panicking and thinking "I can;t eat that!" only to wake up from my dream state and realize i was only dreaming! Too weird! It is only natural that we are gonna miss food. The liquids are hard, but you WILL and CAN get through it. We all will. When we are able to eat mushy stuff like scrambled eggs and refried Beans and mashed potatoes, it wil seem like heaven! You are not too far from that stage. And eventually we will be able to eat real food again, but smaller amounts will satisfy us. Keep your eye on the prize and remember we are all in this together, I am here for you and if you want to .PM me, feel free,,,I know it will all be worth it in the end,:)

Isabella hang in there! My friend told me today to keep in mind the big picture. This difficult stage is temporary. I am miserable too and feel so weak. On top of that, I have purchased every Protein drink and powder out there and all of it is grossing me out.

Good for you on losing weight! Just remember you will be feeling and looking great in no time at all. I keep telling myself this is temporary. Someday I will be able to enjoy some of my favorite foods again, in moderation, but this isn't the end of all the good tasting food.

Please hang in there. Let's help each other through this.

Scoobydoo and Bee from Calie, I am glad your experiences were good.

I would be thrilled to stay in touch via Private Messages to help each other get through this. We can do it!

Hi everyone. I was banded on Thurs (4/16) and stayed overnight at the hospital. My pain was very controlled in the hospital with the morphine except for walking around makes my stomach feel like everything moving around in there. My doc does a barium swallow/x-ray and after that the gas pains started (maybe just a coincidence?) but the gas is getting better. Then once the x-ray showed everything was good, they took me off the morphine and would only give me the prescription stuff I'm taking here at home. Doesn't seem to help as much but today I think I'm doing better overall. My pain is mainly in the port area and it feels swollen and hard at the same time. It still hurts to walk around much. Then to top it off, I got my period last night - UGH!

I'm just trying to drink as much as I can and am drinking the Ensure which I don't think tastes bad at all. Maybe today I'll try some of the broth for a change. So far I don't mind not having food and I'm not very hungry otherwise.

Did anyone get instruction on liquids? I know it sound funny but since I was on liquids I initally kept Water around and sipped on it throughout the day. Then nurse from my insurance company said that I was taking in to much and should have gotten instructions to only drink so much water every so often I think she said like 6oz a half hour or something. Before I was getting in a lot but did feel more bloated now I'm barely getting through a 32oz container a day.

Came through my LapBand surgery on Thursday. Stayed overnight and got home late yesterday afternoon.

I managed about 20grm of Protein yesterday. Today, I'm eating/drinking about 10 grms of Protein every 3hours or so. I'm filled my 32oz drink cup and I'm sipping it. I on full liquids, so anything I consume goes towards my daily 64oz Fluid intake.

I slept in my bed last night, propped up on a combination of sofa and sleep pillows. I did manage to sleep on my right side too.

I used a med pump while in the hospital. Pain come and goes, but I don't like the way I feel when I take the pain meds (liquid hydromorphene).

I can't drive for a week, so I will use the week to rest and heal. I am moving around and walking. I find that I get uncomfortable if I sit or stand for too long, so I alternate between the two.

Hope all of this weeks Bandsters are doing well.

Blessings!

HI,

Have internet just for a bit. Thought I would let everyone know I'm doing great. Had surgery on Thur as planned and it went great. I only took one dose of the liquid vicoden. It made me unable to sleep so have been doing ok with no pain meds. The gas pains have almost all gone and I'm doing ok, but my belly is quite gurglely :tt1:

Planning on going to Church on Sunday and work on Monday. Keep the faith!!

Just Tired

Hello all...

just checking in! it's day four post-op, and i was finally able to sleep through the night without waking up! yay! i was in a lot of port-pain, and a bit aggravated that i was given NO pain meds whatsoever, but i got through it. my parents left me this morning to go back to colorado. :tt1:(

i came home from the hotel and did laundry and cleaned my room. i'm also really tracking my Fluid intake. i've already have 32 oz of Water and 16 oz of jamba juice green tea with two Protein boosts (roughly 20gr protein). for dinner, i'll be having some cheddar Soup. i've also been taking my Multivitamins everyday.

things that have been worrying/bothering me since surgery:

1. i'm afraid to eat and feel like i'lll never be able to eat food again.

2. when i drink a lot of Water, i feel like i have a side stitch on my left-side

3. people keep giving me contradicting tips on what to eat and how, etc. (get TONS of Protein, drink Soup broth, don't drink too much soup broth--sodium levels, don't drink too much water--it's boring, etc). IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!

on the plus side, i do not feel as weak as i'd expected, and i never feel hungry. also, i've lost 15 lbs. :smile2:)

i hope everyone else is happy and doing well, also!

I was banded yesterday. Everything went well according to my surgeon but I've thrown up 4 times. I hope and pray I have not damaged anything. I believe the throwing up was from the anastesia. I had no problem getting my liquids today and don't feel any restriction. Also really enjoyed walking.

I too feel some fear about being able to stick with this. I really want a spoonful of cottage cheese but I am not going to have it.

My doc has me on two days of liquids and then strait to pureed foods. It's interesting how everyone's doctors have them on something different.

Hope everyone else is doing well.