Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Today we swam for 1800 yards and then ran for 40 min.

Last Monday I made the decision to get on the exercycle when I first woke up in the morning (after a potty break). I was able to start with 10 min, advance to 15, then 10 twice in intervals because of my artificial knees. Thursday through Saturday I rode 20 minutes unbroken. This morning I made the mistake of doing some cleaning first & had to make it be 5 minutes, then 15 minutes then 20 minutes. As long as I keep moving, I feel good about my choices.

Does anyone know HOW to insert the exercise measurement ticker here? Thanks.

I road my bike. About 50 min for 8.5 miles. I was taking it easy since I'm on a taper.

Saturday I worked 1500-2300. Got off work, went up to the fitness ctr and ran 4 miles in 37:50 @ .5% incl. Yesterday was nothing due to Easter with the family.

This a.m. I got up and did 2.5 miles @ 1% incl. in 23:55. Not tearing it up, but I am getting prepared for my first 5k of the year on the 25th. Should do better than last years first.

This afternoon will be upper body and (hopefully) some more cardio.

been doing my ab/arm/back/hip/glutt/hamstring/squat/lunges w/ free weights & band rountine that my trainer gave me every other day. i tried walking on the treadmill on sat morning and it just made my ankle swell - so still no cardio just yet.

the weight training is getting boring; but my biceps & triceps officially have good muscle definition - wish i could say the same for my butt/thighs....still work in progress:)

today - SAA,

been doing my ab/arm/back/hip/glutt/hamstring/squat/lunges w/ free weights & band rountine that my trainer gave me every other day. i tried walking on the treadmill on sat morning and it just made my ankle swell - so still no cardio just yet.

the weight training is getting boring; but my biceps & triceps officially have good muscle definition - wish i could say the same for my butt/thighs....still work in progress:)

today - SAA,

I have sympathy for your ankle swelling. I committed to my 20 minutes exercycle & some days my artificial knees 'bark' at me afterwords.

Glad you're doing all the other exercises. Do you use the Swiss ball. There are some 'killer' exercise videos on sparks.com.

I have sympathy for your ankle swelling. I committed to my 20 minutes exercycle & some days my artificial knees 'bark' at me afterwords.

Glad you're doing all the other exercises. Do you use the Swiss ball. There are some 'killer' exercise videos on sparks.com.

i commend you working those artificial knees!

i'm trying to let a small fracture heal & it's boring......

i don't have a swiss ball, but one like it - i do quite few free weight exercises on it ... not just for abs:)

I got to meet the Slow, Fat Triathlete! :(

She came to talk to my triathlon club and then after I asked her to autograph her books that I'd bought earlier and had with me. I told her I was MO a year ago but we didn't get to get into it. She's really cool.

today - SAA,

Keep up the good work. But, how can you say weight training is boring?:( I LOVE that aspect of it, always have. I HATE the cardio part. Must be your NY upbringing and the fact that you are more of a Gnats fan than a real fan like your hubby.:mellow:

Gotta agree with lulu here, bad knees make it all the more difficult to do the job needed. I, myself, have 2 bad knees that I have been told will most likely need to be replaced some day. Fortunately, the weight loss has made them ALOT better.

As for me, I hit the gym last night for upper body and another 1 mile on treadmill and 15 minutes on ellliptical last night. Bad night of sleep and I didn't get up for cardio this morning.:o I'll hit the gym for legs this afternoon and get some cardio in then.

Keep up the good work. But, how can you say weight training is boring?:) I LOVE that aspect of it, always have. I HATE the cardio part. Must be your NY upbringing and the fact that you are more of a Gnats fan than a real fan like your hubby.:sad:

HA :) has football started already???? LOL

i'm sure i have adult ADD, get bored easily & have to mix things up....while cardio is a pain, i can now say i miss it - even just walking.

today - routine as outlined; did it at home (slave to the gym) with free weights, bands, exercise balls & it took about 38mins:

hip flexor routine - 5 exercises 15 reps each leg

ab crawl - 50reps

cross over abs - 25reps each side

15lb bicep / shoulder / tricep - 20 reps - repeat

50 squats w/12lb / 25 lunges each leg w/10lb - repeat

kick back glutt - 50 each leg

iso abs - twice - 1min each

15lb chest / row - 20 reps - repeat

kick back hip - 50 each leg

side swing abs w/7lb ball - twice 1min each

40 push ups / 40 dips - repeat

ab crawl - 50reps

**ok, this is what i'm doing for 3wks, while the bum ankle heals**

Wow! What a workout! Congratulations on your ongoing effort.

What is an ab crawl? I'm not sure I have heard of it. Thanks.

so it's what my trainer calls it,

i have a bosu ballance trainer - which is a half ball w/black rubber on the other side with handles. i have a knee board (3 wheels) - outstretch in a push up position w/ball side down and toes on the board, i pull my legs up to my stomach - maintaining a push up position.

i fell down the first several times i tried this......you never look pretty while doing:wink2:

I ran over 5 miles today! Or at least that's what Nike+ said. I'm not sure I trust it.

Last night was leg workout. Followed that with 1 mile on treadmill and 25 minutes on elliptical.

Made it in early today to hit the treadmill this morning. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked by one of my officers wanting to talk over the new physical training aspects that are going to be instituted eventually. No workout this morning. Hopefully, I can make it up today if another sgt covers for me for about an hr.