Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

I'm going to the National Zoo in DC tomorrow so that will be a loooooooooong day of walking for me. I may do some weights tonight but I'm not sure. Yesterday I got some bad news so I didn't go to Water aerobics i got depressed and ate ice cream, bad I know!

:w00t: You make me jealous! I'm from the DC area (NOVA) and really miss the zoo. We used to go all the time, since my friend was a live-in Nanny in Georgetown, right near the Uptown theater. I miss ALL of DC, really. In Houston, the zoo and the museums cost money to get into! Can you believe that??? lol

That zoo is very hilly! You'll get a good workout there! :)

:w00t: You make me jealous! I'm from the DC area (NOVA) and really miss the zoo. We used to go all the time, since my friend was a live-in Nanny in Georgetown, right near the Uptown theater. I miss ALL of DC, really. In Houston, the zoo and the museums cost money to get into! Can you believe that??? lol

That zoo is very hilly! You'll get a good workout there! :)

i loved that zoo.

went to grad school in dc - lived in adams morgan & old town alexandria.... enjoy the day tyme!!

today - does loads of laundry count?

actually plan on doing twilight golf tonight w/dh - 9 holes only.

Okay....now go on and tell me about your 5 hour sweat-outs. :lol:

Heh. I never know what to think when people post about exercising 2-4 hours at a time -- during the week! Should I admire them or think they are lunatics? Can't decide.

Anyway, I decided to see how long I could run in 45 min. It was about 4 miles and I did it on 5.2 and my heart rate didn't go over 160 once! Which means that was a slow pace for me. I remember when I couldn't do 5.2 the whole way and now it's SLOW. Woot, woot!

This means that I think I'll be okay at the Olympic triathlon next weekend.

Wow you weren't kidding. The zoo started out well all down hill. It was hotttttt!:thumbup: Then when we were ready to go we realized that we had to go back up the hill:scared2: But we did it! It was a good day. I didn't do any exercise yesterday but I'm going walking this afternoon at lunch.

:thumbup: You make me jealous! I'm from the DC area (NOVA) and really miss the zoo. We used to go all the time, since my friend was a live-in Nanny in Georgetown, right near the Uptown theater. I miss ALL of DC, really. In Houston, the zoo and the museums cost money to get into! Can you believe that??? lol

That zoo is very hilly! You'll get a good workout there! :laugh:

Update time:

Took Friday off as vacation and didn't do anything for exercise.:D Decided to rest up for my first 5k on Saturday.

Saturday-ran my first 5k of the season. Only my 2nd time running on the road this year. And it kicked my arse.:tt2: Thought I was pushing a good time. Hit the finish line and it was 30 minutes.:thumbup: Felt it in my calves immediately afterwards. Have to hit it harder outside now that the weather is getting better. Have another one in 2 wks.

This morning was on the treadmill upstairs. Did easy 2.4 miles @ 6.3-6.4 mph. Ranged incline from 1-2.5%. I'll do a little more of that when on the treadmill from now on. Followed that with 10 min. cooldown and 25 minutes on elliptical.

Tonight will be upper body.

Friday - went to gym, despite almost talking myself out of it. ended up beating my mile time, and went 1.5 miles! I was surprised!

Sat, went for walk (about 2 miles) w/the dogs, Sunday vegged at a festival and at home. :thumbup:

I took the day off. I'm resting up for next Triathlon on Sunday.

Today I'm going to do weight training at the gym.

Last night was upper body as promised. Great workout:thumbup:. Been awhile since I came out of a lifting session feeling that good.

This morning I did 2.5 miles in 25 minutes on the treadmill on the "Hill" setting. First time I've done this. Elevation ranged from 0-3.6%. Felt good, more like being on the road. Followed that with 10 min. cooldown and 25 minutes on elliptical. Tonight will be leg workout.

probably in "time out" workout wise.

had gone to the gym, did the bike a few days & more weight training and my dr wants to put a soft cast on my ankle tomorrow (would have today if hubby was w/me to drive home)....

so - BLAH

(would have today if hubby was w/me to drive home)....

so - BLAH

C'mon you little baby. I broke my right ankle 3 yrs ago and drove with a cast on my foot for 6 wks.:unsure: I thought you people from NY and Texas were supposed to be tough.

C'mon you little baby. I broke my right ankle 3 yrs ago and drove with a cast on my foot for 6 wks.:unsure: I thought you people from NY and Texas were supposed to be tough.

:ohmy::tt2:

like dh is a big help anyway..., dr wouldn't do it - i'd rather get it over & done w/.

:lol::tt2:

:lol::tt2:

like dh is a big help anyway..., dr wouldn't do it - i'd rather get it over & done w/.

:eek::tt2:

Then kick the dr's arse. Not like you can't do it now.:unsure:

And, notice I refrained from calling you a "big" baby. That does not apply anymore.:ohmy:

I went to "track" but it was at the park this week. We ran a beautiful route, very scenic. I think I got about about 4 miles of running in and a bit more of walking. And there were a bunch of people who I kept passing (and then they'd pass me back). Usually I'm so far behind that I can't even see the next slowest person!

walked 30 minutes on the treadclimber at gym