Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance (Aetna)

Yes maybe I should have MYSELF called, but I guess since the office gal told me what I needed to do next, I thought they had already called to find out. I have had the same ins. for 5 years, my son was very ill with a brain tumor and I was very thankful they covered most of the bills. As I have said before this was a HUGE misunderstanding by the suregeons office and myself, With my many other insurance issues I know for a fact that the first thing the doctors office does is call to see what is covered, than has you do whatever is needed to start the process.

I am a little upset. I was denied today by Aetna too. They said I did not have any co-morbids. even though I have a Psuto Tumor which will only go away if I loose weight. My BMI is around 36.00 but I have to loose weight or I will loose my eye site. I am so mad because I did the 3 month diet and spent my own money to see the Dr. and nutrician Dr. and now they just denied me after only 1 wk. My Dr. said I can fight it but I doubt it will do any good so now I don't know what to do. Man life sucks sometimes.

Doublewall, I don't not IF fighting the denial will help get it approved but I KNOW that not fighting it is certainly not going to get it approved!

I know is frustrating but take some time and work on the appeal. You have nothing too lose and everything to gain.You can get most of the information on the internet. I don't know if your state as a level of appeal but mine did and that's what worked in my case.

Good luck.

Doublewall,

Call Aetna and ask for the link to download their practice on WLS. It was pretty lengthy and I don't remember how to get there. I could almost gaurantee that they denied you because of your BMI. They probably don't consider your psuto tumor a comorbidity. I had to have a 6 month diet and my PCP did it so I didn't have to spend extra for that. I was out of the copay ($20) every month, but that was it for the diet. I did pay to go to the nutritionist and the psychologist, but I only had to see each of them one time. I think your doc could be a little more compassionate in your desire to appeal this. I am very passionate about this and I get upset everytime someone says they were denied! Keep fighting and don't give up! God bless.....

I can not ever fight this because, my employer who writes the plan did not include weight loss surgery. My plan does not for any reason cover this surgery. I am so sad, but have once again started weight watchers loosing 1lb than .02 lbs a week, it is a long slow process, I hope to loose weight and I am trying but, i have 80 lbs to loose. I have borderline diabetes and the insurance company will end up paying a lot more for my treatments, then if the would have assisted me with this weight loss aid. Best of luck to all!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches