Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you think OctoMom is Crazy?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think OctoMom is Crazy?

• Yes, OctoMom seriously is mentally ill and needs to seek help.
    • No OctoMom is not crazy.

I thought what I heard was that he left to walk around the block with his grandmother.

I didnt hear the conversation or read the story. I only know about that from reading about it here. Not sure who the kid was with, but there are some glaring things here... First of all... SHE WAS PREGNANT TOO??? Threatening to kill herself? Wow, this woman clearly isn't playing with a full deck. So because one son is missing, she wants to end her life and the lives of her 8 unborn children? I thought she was against abortion? Whats the difference? How can anyone support a woman like this? That is what I really want to know I guess.

And to think her other children were sitting listening to this. I'm willing to bet all her children are going to need some kind of special care. Whether it be counceling or otherwise, sometime in their life.

Yes, it's just that that person hasn't come on yet. Just wait. :thumbup:

Yep, just wait...you know that person is lurking out there somewhere.:)

yes, bats in the belfry. Looney Tunes. Nuttier than a fruitcake. Porch light on with no bulb. 3 ants short of a picnic. oh whatever. yeah, she's unbalanced.

But plain...now that's one p-nutty fellow if he finds her crazy sexy! He's one mondo-bizzaro dude! One desperado short of a posse. (I heard he likes grouper lips. Eeeuuuu!!!)

I voted, no. She just made some wrong choices. One of which was deciding to have children without a husband or father for them. Someone who could support her and help her to raise them. Crazy? No, just irresponsible in her decision making. Some people don't know how to look ahead of their choices and see the consequences or problems associated with them. For example, people who suffer with the sin of gluttony just can't seem to understand the consequences of overeating. Even though they know what putting that fork up to their mouth will do, they continue to do it. They know it will make them fat, and they will suffer for it later, but they continue to eat, eat and eat some more. They don't want to look down the road at diabetes, heart disease or any other obesity rellated health problems. She, too, didn't look down the road at what having so many kids without the means to support them would do. She shouldn't have continued to put that fork up to her mouth, but she wanted a big family. We all do wrong in life, and have to bare the consequences. She's baring hers now, and we're baring ours. She's not crazy, just human.

An analogy between becoming fat and having kids is an analogy that doesn't hold up.

When you eat and gain weight, you harm yourself.

When you bring 6 children in the world using IVF, you certainly understand that having IVF doesn't just affect you. It affects all the lives that are as a result of the IVF. And furthermore, once you've had one child (much less 6) you understand the needs of those children. To have 6 children with no father, no gainful employment, no means to give the children the kind of care they need and deserve is irresponsible and obsessive, at best. To have 7 or 8 more is just plain nuts.

To become obese could be considered obsessive and irresponsible but it only harms the individual therefore it isn't an proper analogy to what Octomom did by harming 14 sweet, innocent little babies.

What did I say? :)

:) I'll never doubt you again. :biggrin:

An analogy between becoming fat and having kids is an analogy that doesn't hold up.

When you eat and gain weight, you harm yourself.

When you bring 6 children in the world using IVF, you certainly understand that having IVF doesn't just affect you. It affects all the lives that are as a result of the IVF. And furthermore, once you've had one child (much less 6) you understand the needs of those children. To have 6 children with no father, no gainful employment, no means to give the children the kind of care they need and deserve is irresponsible and obsessive, at best. To have 7 or 8 more is just plain nuts.

To become obese could be considered obsessive and irresponsible but it only harms the individual therefore it isn't an proper analogy to what Octomom did by harming 14 sweet, innocent little babies.

I used that analogy to point out that we all do things that we shouldn't have. I used the gluttony thing, cause most here could relate to that. It doesn't make us crazy, just that we all make bad decisions in life without thinking through the consequences at times.

Also, even though you say that her choices affected her children, I can say that our choices to overeat don't only affect us.. What about our children and loved ones? We are too fat to run around and play with our kids, we die an early death and others have to raise them, our Doctor bills for obesity related health problems have to be paid by someone, etc. Our sin of gluttony affects others, too, not just ourselves. I understand that these are 2 different analogies, but not really. The sins of one affects everyone.

No obesity doesn't ALWAYS affect anyone else. What Octomom did will ALWAYS affect those poor, innocent children.

I understand why you made the analogy. I just disagree that it makes any sense.

You are trying to make the people who post here see that they aren't perfect and that they shouldn't be calling Octomom names and saying that she's nuts.

I think Octomom has set herself up to be called names, like irresponsible and reality deprived, and I dont understand how you can continue to argue that she just made a mistake or that she can't understand the consequences of her actions.

If she can't or didn't understand the consequences of her actions - from day one of her first IVF - then she is out of touch with reality and she has no business bringing an innocent little being into the world.

The truth is that she is a self-centered, unbalanced, freak of nature. That's why she's getting all the publicity. It sure isn't because she just happened to mother 14 children!