Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

Yep, that's me. My date is 3/19 at Morristown N.J. Memorial with Dr. Nusbaum. I was going to do it end of February, but I contracted pneumonia AND shingles (ever have shingles? Sucks!) at the same time.

I'm a little apprehensive, but I keep visualizing how much happier my life would be if I were 100 pounds lighter. Now I can't wait. I'd do it tomorrow if I could.

Good luck to us both!

Edited by marko

Thanks for the support, best of luck to you. Keep in touch, not a lot of men in here. Keep that vision of you 100 lbs ago, and the new you and it will all be worth it.

I'm also scheduled for the 16th. I'm on my third day today. First day was hell, 2nd day was hellish, and today has not been too bad. I feel lighter already! Good luck to all.

That is not good, but it is getting better. So far, I am doing well. I think it is because I am not on complete liquids. Keep in touch I may need the support.

Over the three day hump! I feel good now. I am allowed one meal a day with 4oz of lean meats and 2 cups of veggies that cannot be corn or potatoes. I am taking the ISO pure Protein from GNC only up to 4 times a day. It has taken some major will power on my part but I just keep thinking about getting into that endzone. Good luck to you guys!

March 30th 10:30AM Looking forward to my new life. After years of both College and Pro Football ended for me. I put on a quick 100pds and now would like to lose that and maybe more.

What's up fellas. I was just banded on 3/3/09 a week ago today and I feel great. I was about 305lbs before I started my liqiuid diet 1 week before my surgery. I did cheat only two days with a bit of food. I was a bit freaked out becase I have never had any type of surgery before. Went in and out in a flash. I'm on liquids right now till next week and have been doing god in controling my hunger.

I just weighed myself a while ago and I'm down to 278 lbs.

I have not weighed this since probably 2001.

If I can do it all of you can also. I was the type that if I was infront of the computer like right now I would of had 2-3 twienkies by now and a few Cookies to.

Good luck to all. You can do it!!:thumbup:

Thanks Gregnlr, I will keep it going. When i went away to college to play football i was 6' 4" 210pds. By the time i got home for x-mas i was 250 soild. It was the great food at the training tables, Then in the pro's well We ate good too :thumbup: But now i feel i can walk away from fast food because i have had a lot of year of eating it and its crap. So i wouldn't miss anything because i have tryed it all lol. Shaq said on tv that he gained 30 pds when he was in L.A. eatting Krispy Kreme. So he was glad to get away from them. I need to get off the soda. Have you found anything to take its place.