Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!!!! I am in sooo much pain

Oh Banderoo....I am so sorry you had so much pain! I just came across your post today. I had quite a bit too on day two. I was taking Oxycodone liquid because Vicodin or Loratab make me itch. I took 5cc when I got home and damn near overdosed myself. I was a wreck. I was in pain, anxious and felt like I wanted to climb the walls. I literally started having a panic attack. Luckily I had a Xanax, took that and slept 12 hours only getting up to pee. I was tough but each day got better. You and I and a few other were all banded on the same day so I hope to God you guys are feeling alittle better each day. Today is my best day so far. I just have to make sure I don't over do it. Take care. Let me know how you are doing.

I also experienced extreme pain. I thought I was unusual but I see I was not. My mistake was not calling my doc for more pain meds. I was in pain for almost three weeks.

Good luck. If you haven't called your doctor I would suggest that.

i just got banded on 2/25 and i am in extreme pain too. i have had a csection and that did not compare to the shooting pain that i am feeling with this. i am on day three post op and i am still in terrible pain. i can barely walk, i cant bathe or dress myself either. i am right there with you. the nurses that i asked all said the same thing. Everyone is different. we got out muscles and nerve endings cut through and a port stitched in. they said its normal. but i get it. i am in tears i am in so much pain.

You know they really don't tell you how painfull it might be after the surgery :rolleyes:~!

I am glad that I am hearing from others who have had more than the usual pain. I have licdoderm Patches that I was using for my lower back pain, and I am calling DR. to see if I can use on the port site. Pain pills don't seem to be doing much either except making me sleep. Hope we all feel better real soon.

I'm 4 days post op and each day the shoulder and abdominal pain were a little less. Today I feel almost human again. Thank God for pain medication though..I doubt I could have made it without them.

I have to say this really bites~!~ when does the pain stop? when does the gas go away? it takes me hours to fell a little decent then it is almost time for bed. I just want to sleep till the pain is over.

I was banded on 2/26, I still burp the gas and am drinking Water, Decaf tea, decaf coffee, and just had a cup of yogurt. Once I found a comfortable position to sleep in, I was fine, but the discomfort is still there. I really hope this gets better soon!

And I did weigh myself this morning, I was 256 when I started in January (first sugery was cancelled) and I am now 236...surgery day I was 237.5. So, I am hopeful this gets better! This is just such a great resource for us banders!

Thanks!

Melanie

256 start

237.5 pre-op

236 2 day post op

145 goal

Edited by mjg12

Banderoo....I have not seen you on here since your last post. Can you let us know how you are doing? I would really like to hear from you.

I was banded on the 13th of Feb and am just now feeling normal again. The pain for the first week and a half was a killer. I ate Gas-X and used a heating pad on my left shoulder for days. The pain got so bad I called my surgeon, went in, and they removed 3cc's of the primer Fluid from my band. They then gave me 10mg of Percocet, which kicks Lortabs butt. I think it's just the gas they pump into your body during the surgery that gets trapped and has a hard time working it's way out. Go get checked by your doctor, and asked for the Percocet. Get the 10mg. You can always break the tablet in half if it's too much. I lived on the stuff for a week and it took the pain from a 9 to a 2 in no time. But I lived on those pain pills. Sometimes Lortab and Percocet will make you itch, but my doctor told me to take liquid benydril (sp??) and it relieved that too. I was so afraid that I had slippage or that something was majorily wrong, but some people just have more pain than others. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Oh good god this has been a week!! Sorry I haven't posted I have been freaking miserable. The worst part has been this weird cramping spasm in my esophagus thats just random and very very painful. It trumped the gas pain. My doctor failed to mention that he did a hernia repair and now they think I may have a band position problem or some complication with the hernia repair. I am feeling much better today with no incision pain. But wow this had better get better because so far I am not a fan! I've lost 16lbs in just 2 weeks I go in to see my doctor tomorrow and I had better get some answers about this weird spasm cramping because I am OVER it! Thanks guys for all your help and advice this website is such a good resource with wonderful people!

banderoo....your back!!! I am sorry to hear it was so hard but am glad to hear you are still kicking. It will get better.

I had a tough time of it too and I think there is a nerve in there that get irritated. I could feel it and it gave me shoulder pain. As the swelling went down it got better. My incisions did not really hurt. It was my insides. Like all my organs inside my body swelled and pushed on my ribs. I still feel my ribs hitting something when I bend down and I still have tenderness and swelling in areas that were not cut into. My apron that hangs in front of my left hip bone is tender and swollen. AND, I had my surgery on 1/15..., granted then had to go back in the next day and unbuckle my band.

This surgery was a huge trauma to my body and yours. But you will get better. Even though when all is said and done I will have had surgery 3 times I still think it is worth it.

Good luck and I hope that nothing is wrong with the placement of your band. Let us know what they say after your appointment tomorrow.

Hey Banderoo! Got your PM and so good to hear from you. You had me so worried. Keep in touch now and let us know what the doctor says tomorrow. Things have got to get better!

Banderoo! I'm glad you posted. I've been thinking of you and was hoping things were calming down a bit. Your last post was 3/1 where you said you were seeing the doctor today. What did he say and do you/dr. have a plan to get rid of your extreme discomfort?

I'm feeling better but still not perfect. Tomorrow is a week and I'm hoping the get-better magic wand is waved over my head and I can start to feel truly human again.

Thinking of you...and all the other 2/24ers (and everyone else, naturally). :)