Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

The laws we have about murder, rape, stealing, etc.. aren't meant as a deterrent. People with no morals or conscience will still commit crimes. The laws are made to mete out punishments for committing crimes. (this last sentence is where you have it wrong. Laws are NOT made to mete out punishments to people. They are made to deter crimes. We don't have a "do not murder" law so that we could punish people we have it so that we can deter people from murdering. If they forsee the consequence for such an act, they will be less likely to commit it. Do you think they hung people back in the day because they liked to watch hangings and punish people? No. When the town saw the consequence for the act of murder, it terrified them into not getting into that predicament with their own actions.

Now, if abortion were illegal: (changing your words above) The laws we have about abortion aren't meant as a deterent, although it is a plus, People with no morals or conscience will still commit abortions.

(yet)[/color]That's just another neocon inflammatory comment. Typical when they can't argue otherwise :)

There was a time when morals were higher and you wouldn't hear a liberal say that they felt same sex people should be allowed to marry. This has changed over time due to immoral teachings and philosophies. Generations of immoral living and indoctrination brought us to where we are today. Men having sex with men and women having sex with women is an abomination to the Lord. God has allowed their immorality to go haywire.

In Romans chapter 1, it says that because mankind exchanged the truth of God for a lie, he gave them over to their shameful lusts. (notice God calls it a 'lust', and a lust is a desire. You're not born gay. You 'desire' to have sex with men.)

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts (God's words, not mine)with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (again, God's words. he calls it perversion)

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. (in other words, "fine, you don't want to know me, do your own thing." (but just remember, there will be consequences for every choice we make in life)

Don't worry about no liberals saying they want to make laws allowing siblings to marry. Give it another generation, we're getting there.

The moral of my story is this, to call democrats lazy and expecting a handout is wrong on so many levels. There are many democrats who's work ethic make your job look like a cake walk.

Not all democrats are expecting a handout, just most. And it's not so much that they themselves want the handout, although most do, but that they want the handouts given out.

Ooooh, I just can't wait until it's legal for me and my Great Dane Butch to get married. Then I can have a litter of puppies. Of course, we'll need to go on welfare because there will be so many mouths to feed. Fortunately Affirmative Action will make make sure my sweet little half-breeds all get into the best schools and get good jobs. Those health insurance subsidies will help us get all the vet care we need for the little tykes. food stamps will ensure we have plenty of Purina to go around. I just know that someday one of my darlin' pups will enter the priesthood and hump all the little alter boys. :thumbup:

Patty Green Patty Green

how come you're so very mean

half a brain derailed your train

please let me marry my Great Dane :)

The laws we have about murder, rape, stealing, etc.. aren't meant as a deterrent. People with no morals or conscience will still commit crimes. The laws are made to mete out punishments for committing crimes. (this last sentence is where you have it wrong. Laws are NOT made to mete out punishments to people. They are made to deter crimes. We don't have a "do not murder" law so that we could punish people we have it so that we can deter people from murdering.Well, it's not working. Most people who murder do it in a fit of rage or passion. They are not thinking about consequences. Those that plan murders don't think they'll be caught, so they don't think about consequences. Those who are serial killers enjoy the hunt and don't care about being caught. Those who molest children claim they have no control and will risk a high risk kidnapping like taking the child right from their bedroom. They aren't thinking about consequences. The drug dealer will always deal drugs again thinking he won't get caught as does the drug user. The laws are for rounding up the criminals and getting them off the streets to make us safer. They do not act as a deterrant. If they forsee the consequence for such an act, they will be less likely to commit it.No they won't. The time from committing the crime to actually going to jail is not a deterrent. Do you think they hung people back in the day because they liked to watch hangings and punish people? No. When the town saw the consequence for the act of murder, it terrified them into not getting into that predicament with their own actions.

Now, if abortion were illegal: (changing your words above) The laws we have about abortion aren't meant as a deterent, although it is a plus, People with no morals or conscience will still commit abortions.

Which means that making it illegal won't stop them. Just punish them, which is what I have been saying is what it's all about for you.

Ooooh, I just can't wait until it's legal for me and my Great Dane Butch to get married. Then I can have a litter of puppies. Of course, we'll need to go on welfare because there will be so many mouths to feed. Fortunately Affirmative Action will make make sure my sweet little half-breeds all get into the best schools and get good jobs. Those health insurance subsidies will help us get all the vet care we need for the little tykes. food stamps will ensure we have plenty of Purina to go around. I just know that someday one of my darlin' pups will enter the priesthood and hump all the little alter boys. :lol:

Patty Green Patty Green

please let me marry my Great Dane :thumbup:

You're a poet and didn't even know it. :)

I might be able to help with a coupon for Purina puppy chow.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Ooooh, I just can't wait until it's legal for me and my Great Dane Butch to get married. Then I can have a litter of puppies. Of course, we'll need to go on welfare because there will be so many mouths to feed. Fortunately Affirmative Action will make make sure my sweet little half-breeds all get into the best schools and get good jobs. Those health insurance subsidies will help us get all the vet care we need for the little tykes. food stamps will ensure we have plenty of Purina to go around. I just know that someday one of my darlin' pups will enter the priesthood and hump all the little alter boys. :tt1:

Patty Green Patty Green

:thumbup::lol::lol::lol: I called my husband in to read him this post. I haven't done that since Patty's American Indian post. :lol::lol:

Which means that making it illegal won't stop them. Just punish them, which is what I have been saying is what it's all about for you.

So, we should punish people who commit crimes? Cause if the laws are made to punish criminals, like you say, then it's the right thing to do. When a man robs someone he should get punished. When a woman shoots her neighbor, she should be punished. So, then if abortions are illegal, and women have them any way, according to your belief, they should get punished. WOW! Something we agree on!

Ooooh, I just can't wait until it's legal for me and my Great Dane Butch to get married. Then I can have a litter of puppies. Of course, we'll need to go on welfare because there will be so many mouths to feed. Fortunately Affirmative Action will make make sure my sweet little half-breeds all get into the best schools and get good jobs. Those health insurance subsidies will help us get all the vet care we need for the little tykes. food stamps will ensure we have plenty of Purina to go around. I just know that someday one of my darlin' pups will enter the priesthood and hump all the little alter boys. :thumbup:

Patty Green Patty Green

Why do you say I am mean? I'm not mean. Even so, I had to laugh also.

So, we should punish people who commit crimes? Cause if the laws are made to punish criminals, like you say, then it's the right thing to do. When a man robs someone he should get punished. When a woman shoots her neighbor, she should be punished. So, then if abortions are illegal, and women have them any way, according to your belief, they should get punished. WOW! Something we agree on!

Except for one MINOR detail, I don't think abortion should be made illegal because I don't think it's a crime. And the law of the land agrees with me, not you.

Patty, I'm wondering since your so against abortion, where are your In Vitro Fertilization rants?

Patty, I'm wondering since your so against abortion, where are your In Vitro Fertilization rants?

The process sometimes results in embryos being discarded. a doctor will transfer embryos to the woman's uterus with the hope that at least one will implant. The ones that don't implant die. (aborted) There are situations in which multiple embryos will survive and grow. At that point the couple will have to decide whether to abort or carry multiple children. Some choose to abort all but the amount they want. This would be wrong. So, if ANY fetus' are killed (or frozen) in the process, it is wrong, IMO.

God set up a plan for male and female to marry and start a family together. I tend to think that if that couple can't bare children of their own, then they should be childless until God opens her womb. If he doesn't, then it is because he intended her to be childless. Or he intended her to adopt orphans. To God, every human being is loved the same by Him, therefore, if he intends for you to raise a child of your own, you will, and if he intends for you to to be barren, then you may take in orphans. This is just my view. I don't know how God would feel about invitro fertilization. Because the woman is married to her husband, yet using the sperm of another man. She isn't committing adultry, so He may not object. But the man who poured out his sperm to donate it had to masturbate, and I am not sure if that is sinful to God or not. Some say it is only if your thoughts are sinful while you do it, and some say it is not a sin. So, I can't answer that. At least IVF is making life and not ending it, like abortion does.

The process sometimes results in embryos being discarded. a doctor will transfer embryos to the woman's uterus with the hope that at least one will implant. The ones that don't implant die. (aborted) There are situations in which multiple embryos will survive and grow. At that point the couple will have to decide whether to abort or carry multiple children. Some choose to abort all but the amount they want. This would be wrong. So, if ANY fetus' are killed (or frozen) in the process, it is wrong, IMO.

God set up a plan for male and female to marry and start a family together. I tend to think that if that couple can't bare children of their own, then they should be childless until God opens her womb.First of all, about 40% of infertility is the woman's body, 40% the man's body and 20% remains unidentified. So don't put this on the woman's "womb". Second, infertility is a medical condition that we have the technology to overcome, in many cases. Just like we have the medical technology to do organ transplants. Using your logic, if God didn't want your heart/lungs/liver/kidneys to fail, then he would make them "better". If he doesn't make them better then maybe he just wants you to die. If he doesn't, then it is because he intended her to be childless. Or he intended her to adopt orphans.Her to adopt? Again we're back to it being only the woman's issue? Plenty of those who have biological children also adopt. To God, every human being is loved the same by Him, therefore, if he intends for you to raise a child of your own, you will, and if he intends for you to to be barren, then you may take in orphans. This is just my view. I don't know how God would feel about invitro fertilization. Because the woman is married to her husband, yet using the sperm of another man.In vitro uses the husband's sperm unless he is infertile. You are confusing this with using a sperm donor when a woman's husband is infertile. She isn't committing adultry, so He may not object. But the man who poured out his sperm to donate it had to masturbate, and I am not sure if that is sinful to God or not. Some say it is only if your thoughts are sinful while you do it, and some say it is not a sin. So, I can't answer that. At least IVF is making life and not ending it, like abortion does.

There are biblical interpretations (Catholic church) who oppose IVF and sperm donation, not that I think a lot of catholics follow that when put in that position, and I support those catholic couples who pursue these options.

WOW! "Spend Spend Spend"? More like "Borrow Borrow Borrow" ha ha...when has the US ever done anything different? Its nothing new.

I love the whole Bush vs. Obama debate! Its actually hilarious to me.

As for the last election, I voted for Obama but its probably because im in the age bracket he appealed to the most. Do I regret it? I cant tell yet, but looking back I can say that MTV shoved Obama down the throat of 18-25 yr olds everywhere, most of whom I dont think even would have voted otherwise. Also looking back, I don't personally see anyone who would have been a better choice.

Show me a president that has done everything right, and I'll let you see my extraordinary flying pig.

As for missing Bush? Loose Change 2nd Edition Recut

Other things I'll mention...

Abortion is wrong unless the mother is physically unable to carry. Also If its the product of rape.

Gay's in the army rock! Those of you who disagree think of it as an insurance policy...theyre gonna die anyway.

BP cut corners to save money. But Bush made it possible. Save the aminals people! Support the fisherman! Oh ya and dont buy Tilapia unless farmed...when we faught in vietnam we used to throw dead soldiers [friendly and enemy] in the now most popular Tilapia fishing fields...GROSS!

9/11 is NOT a joke! and its NOT a hoax. The truth [in my eyes] is that a lot of innocent people died for the dreams of 1 family. I only wish I had the forsight to plan ahead like them...maybe my room would get clean. "Kill one, save a thousand" right?

Global warming is a real thing. Its happening right now, right before our eyes. One day life on earth will cease to exist and evolution will start from scratch. Its happened before, it WILL happen again. If lifeforms before US [as in humans] couldnt prevent it...WTF makes you think that switching your lightbulbs or buying a Prius is gonna change it? With that said...I recycle, have energy star appliances, switched my bulbs, convinced my parents to get a Hybrid, and I own a section of highway that I clean once a week. Its the least I can do. Disney said it best..."make a change" you just might delay our inevitable demise.

Last thoughts? GO IRELAND! YUP YUP!

Thats all folks!

Oh god...another thing to add...why is God being brought up so much in a political thread? Division of church and state! DUHHHHH!

Edited by MsMackieLee

God set up a plan for male and female to marry and start a family together. I tend to think that if that couple can't bare children of their own, then they should be childless until God opens her womb. If he doesn't, then it is because he intended her to be childless. Or he intended her to adopt orphans. To God, every human being is loved the same by Him, therefore, if he intends for you to raise a child of your own, you will, and if he intends for you to to be barren, then you may take in orphans. This is just my view. I don't know how God would feel about invitro fertilization. Because the woman is married to her husband, yet using the sperm of another man. She isn't committing adultry, so He may not object. But the man who poured out his sperm to donate it had to masturbate, and I am not sure if that is sinful to God or not. Some say it is only if your thoughts are sinful while you do it, and some say it is not a sin. So, I can't answer that. At least IVF is making life and not ending it, like abortion does.

Oh man. Here's another priceless one for you to call your husband with Leigha! Absolutely stunning, isn't it?