Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VEGAS BASH 2005 Final Countdown

Vine, we'll have to take the remote control away from Terri!

HEY EVERYONE, don't forget about free Harley rides! If you want a fun ride with either me or Chris, make sure to bring some jeans and sturdy shoes.

Attire for Buca isn't formal. I'll probably be in jeans and sandals.

Attire for the Bash is bathing suits, shorts & sweats.

I have a really cute size 20-26 bathing suit dress that I can loan to someone for the day. I'll probably be in a one-piece suit with sweat shorts and barefoot or slippers.

Everyone thank Bubbame for sending a box of clothes for the exchange! I didn't have time to go through anything, but they appear small, very nice, and the box smells Heavenly!

I can't wait for the clothes exchange!! I am so darn tired of wearing the same ol' crap!!! sounds like we will have alot to choose from.

I am going to be bring a suitcase full of clothes as well..

is everyone as excited as me? I really want to pack right now!

;-)

Ladies, last year our extras went to Opportunity Village, where they got tossed in bins and eventually put on racks. This year we can get stuff directly into the hands of women who need it most almost immediately, as I'll ship the boxes Monday after the Bash.

I just got word directly from my corporate office in Louisiana that many of my co-distributors have their houses FULL of now-homeless families that lost everything. Everybody that has a home now has extra families living with them. The owner has people from 6 months to 83 years old living with her, and she just got electricity so they've been packed in crammed houses with no electricity since the storm hit. I'm personally adding to the boxes 5 tubes of toothpaste, 5 bars of soap, 10 toothbrushes and 5 Slumber Bubbles (they deserve to soak in our bubbles made with California Champagne after all this.)

Here's a direct quote: "Their needs are great and all donations will be greatly appreciated. We have extra warehouse space - Kim has everyone from 6 mo to 83 years old in her home. Money, gift cards, food, clothing, toys, etc, you can send them to the corporate office and they will go through everything and make sure they get to those who need it most. They are all so grateful for your prayers and concerns. Many now have no where to go. Kim just got electricity today."

Sounds like they could chocolate but it would probably melt. Is everyone else having a hard time digesting all that devastation?

By the way, I certainly don't want any kind of "thanks" or recognition from anyone in Louisiana. I'm obsessed with the news, that's all. All the boxes shipped will have custom labels from:

With Love and Prayers from

Lapbandtalk.com and the 2005 Las Vegas Band Bash

Francesca, I'm not sure that you'll find much cause you are so small now!

small? yeah right!! a 16, well smaller then I was for sure, I am sure there will be something for me to pick out... is there any 14,16 sizes?

Hey Lisa, How did your party go?

Hubby is going again.... on again off again..... I am glad he is going..... well he will just have to find things to do if he is board with the bash ;-)

I've already had two parties! So far, so awesome! Francesca, is hubby a manly man? Mine spends all day in the garage smoking cigarettes, using vulgar language, playing darts, welding, tons of tools, motorcycles, grunting, union talk, boy crap. All the guys love Chris. Lots of girls love him too, but he's really rough around the edges. Any other guys coming can scratch themselves and pass gas in the garage. You know, bond.

I personally don't have 14/16 in the 9 bags I have, but the box Bubbame sent looks like small sizes. I could have fit two items of MY clothing in the box she mailed, but there's a whole pile of her small size in that box. Bubba, you sure you were overweight?

Bubbame smells pretty, that's for sure! My dogs & cat love that box, too. Pheromones?

LOL - I got rid of my 20 -24's at a trade shop here and got down to 18, 16 and I do believe that is what is in the box. Now as for the smell thats my Laundry Soap cannot even remember the name but it does smell good huh? (Wow talk about short term Memory) Anyway yes I started at 24 a year ago and am down to 12 or 14's depending on what it is.. Enjoy the time is almost here:)

THE TIME IS GOING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW

IS IT TIME TO GO YET?

I have put a sign up at my school and already had several parents talk to me about donating items to send. Not sure what kind of response I will get but any items will help.

Did you watch Dateline last night? OMG I cried so hard. There was a 10 year old boy that lost all his family and is staying in a shelter with strangers. That familly is taking care of him, but still OMG!! They ended the show with someone singing "Amazing Grace" I was riding my bike and had a hard time because I was crying so hard!

My heart goes out to all the victims there! I wish I could go there and help everyone of them. Or bring them all here!

Could you imagine having 25 people instantly living in your home? This is from the owner of my company in Lousiana:

"The staff is already receiving donations and keeping a log of what comes in to account for everything. I do remember donating to the Red Cross and never knew where my donation went - we are ready and willing to accept and do appreciate your kind hearts during this devastation. I can personally assure you, your donations will go to families in desperate need. Several of us have up to 25 people living in our homes. I have lived through several hurricanes and can tell you, I have never in my life seen anything like this."

Lisa how close are you to a grocery store or a 99 cent store. I ask becasue right now at my restaraunt I'm having a fundraiser over this 3 day weekend for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, I plan on sending the money raised to the Red Cross but I was thinking if I could get to a grocery store or some place to buy toiletries, diapers, underwear socks etc..in Las Vegas ( would need a ride) I can spend that money on that and you can send it with everything else, it would be great to know the exactly where the money went Or would it be easier if I went to Wal-Mart or Target and got gift cards to send? Let me know Oh and I heard on one of the local radios stations this morning that one of the things they need is plus sized womens clothing so it will be great to send the leftover clothes from the clothing exchange.