Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Wow! Anyone wanting IVF should go to him. He has a great success rate.

Okay Pattygreen, now your just being ridiculous to the point of sheer stupidity. Placing a woman's health in jeopardy by placing so many embryos in her is unconscionable.

i'm willing to bet he won't have his license much longer.

I hope the medical board steps in quickly. Jeopardizing a woman's health is just wrong.

Wow! Anyone wanting IVF should go to him. He has a great success rate.

I don't consider this success. It leaves the mother either considering an awful decision of selective abortion or the likelihood that her babies are born with severe lifelong birth defects, let alone the toll on the health of the mother. Like others who have posted, I have a close family member who underwent IVF, she and her husband ended up with a baby because of loving family surrogate. They would have never implanted this many embryos at one time, and neither would their doctors, for fear of this outcome.

So now you can see why I could not cast a stone at her.

Yes, obviously. That would make you a hypocrite... again. :thumbup: (there, I did a winky guy this time)

Ain't America great?? No matter how irresponsible you choose to be, this country of enablers is right there to give you our money ("our" usually being the ones who ARE responsible) so that you can be rewarded for doing whatever you want to do. How grand.

Edited by BethFromVA

I meant crazy people who will hurt your children mentally, physically, sexually, etc., Not 'crazy' people who make a selfish or poor decision for themselves and really don't have any ill intent to harm anybody else. This mom didn't set out to get the country upset with her. She loves her children and wants to be a good mother.

Yeah, and I want to be a supermodel, but it ain't gonna happen.

You know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

patty, I think you are living in la la land. Your ideas sound good, but they are just not realistic. Especially with todays economy. You mentioned a stay at home mom could sell on ebay. Well, I am an ebay seller and things are not selling well for me at the moment. My husband works 40+ hours a week, I work 30 hours, sell on ebay, plus I took out some student loans for nursing school, and we are still having a hard time making ends meet, and we don't even have any kids together. (He has a son from a previous marriage that doesn't live with us). Our house payment is a month late right now. What also makes me mad is even if we were to try to get state assistance right now, we wouldn't qualify because we don't have any kids. That's what makes me so mad about the sytem, a woman with a bunch of kids has it made and doesn't have to work, but people with no kids that don't make enough money can't get any help at all. I can't even get any pell grants for school because we 'make too much'. Well, all I would like to say is I would like to see all of this money that we supposedly make, because it's sure not in my wallet.

As far as state assistance is concerned, I see nothing wrong with people getting it who truely need it and are having a rough time. And I see no reason to pay it back. If you really needed it at the time, I don't think you should have felt you needed to pay it back. At least you didn't stay on it for the rest of your life, like most do. When I was younger, my parents did receive food stamps, but that was because we really needed it. My parents always worked and payed taxes. That is the kind of people who should receive state assistance, those who are working and trying to better themselves. Not people who just keep having kids and milking the system.

Do you like nursing school? I've always wanted to go to nursing school, but just never did. Now, at 47 I sometimes feel like its an awful lot of money to invest to retire in 18 years.

Nursing school is ok. It is definitely a challenge. I will be glad to finish. I feel like I have been in school my whole life. You are never too old to go back to school. There are women in my class a lot older than you. In fact, most of us are older. There are very few really young people.

i'm willing to bet he won't have his license much longer.

You're probably right, but you never know in this world we live in. I knew a doctor here in my town who was providing prescription drugs for an addicted patient on the terms that she give half of them back to him for his own personal use. I thought when that hit the paper that his career would be history, but can you believe he is still able to practice?! He can't write prescriptions anymore unless another doctor in his office signs them off. Go figure! And to think this doctor was my elderly neighbors doctor that I used to bring her to.

I spoke with my brother today about octopussy. He is a doctor who lives in Virginia and he finds the situation to be a deplorable one. He says that the mother is obviously non too stable and is unable to provide the children with an adequate standard of life but he feels that it is her doctors who acted in a really irresponsible way by impregnating her with all these embryos. Looking after preemies in a hospital is expensive, by his admittedly conservative estimate it will cost .5 million per infant. The taxpayers of California are going to be on the hook for a bunch before this mess is sorted out. He thinks that the state should punish the docs.

The entire welfare/assistance program is screwy! I have a friend who received AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children)for 3 years. Now keep in mind this was about 10 years ago. She was battling cancer in her lymph nodes. When she come out on the sunny side of things, and went back to work, she got notice that they finally located her ex, and had attached his Tax refund checks in an attempt to repay the amount owed the state. There was a meeting she needed to attend in regards to something related to this. So she went in, and found out that they are charging her ex with every dime she was paid---for the kids. The AFDC is broke down, and he is responsible for paying back the kids part. She ask if she needed to make arrangements on repaying her portion, and was told that was not required.

Now she is a very fair minded person----so ask why he had to pay ALL of the kids back, as opposed to half (since they are half hers too) and why her portion was waived. They had no answers other than if he didn't pay, they would take away his drivers license, and continue to attach any lottery winnings, all tax refunds etc.

Here was a woman willing to repay for the help provided, and the state had no program in place for her to do that, only ones to punish an absent parent.

So stupid the way things are done!!!

Kat

Her PR firm dumped her because they were getting death threats. Oh and because they were working for free and probably realized it wasn't worth the hassle.

I am surprised Dr. Phil had this octopussy's publicist on his show and I tried to sign up in order to comment on his on-line forum but have not - to date - heard back from him. Maybe he didn't like it that I was an atheist....

Ok, aside from it non being particularly attractive, how is she able to move around and support her belly?