Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Did anyone see the story just now on Fox News? The mom of the octuplets is now on permanent disability because of her injuries from the mental hospital uprising. She worked there at the time and was injured. Wow? As physically stressing as pregnancy is, let alone carrying 8, how does someone so disabled they cannot work get through that? Or how does someone so disabled be considered for invitro? My sister-in-law was put through a bunch of medical tests and screening to be sure it was an appropriate option for her, Healthwise. I just don't understand how this can happen in this day and age.

I blame left-wing liberals. :biggrin:

Why is everyone so incensed? C'mon peeps, let's get off the judgmental soap box.

Everyone keeps saying it's my tax dollars, etc. Yes, but they aren't going to raise your tax dollars today to pay for her kids. It's also your tax dollars funding the highways, why don't you get equally incensed if that highway is in a part of town you never visit? I think "tax dollars" argument is way too weak in this case.

The 6 children she has now seem to be better cared for than many children in smaller, nuclear families. Adding 8 more to the mix will undoubtedly make it more difficult but it wasn't her goal to have 8 more children, she just couldn't bring herself to selectively "abort" the other fetuses.

Anyway, I doubt any of us on this board is going to be personally taking care of those children and furthermore, most of us will not see a single cent increase in our taxes as a direct result of those children.

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE PERSONAL FEELINGS OF THE POSTER BUT IS INTENDED TO HOLD UP A MIRROR TO THOSE THAT LOVE TO CAST JUDGMENTAL STONES:

How would you like it if someone asked you why are you taking a bite out of that cheesecake when it's clear you've already had way too much to eat? Now you're going to cause us to have to pay more taxes to support your fat ass when you no longer can work because you're too damned fat to be ambulatory. Look what you're doing to our health insurance costs--because of fat asses like you, the premiums just keep going up and up and up.

Why is everyone so incensed? C'mon peeps, let's get off the judgmental soap box.

my hard on has been since day one with the fertility clinic - not so much her.

they did not follow medical ethics regarding IVF one bit with this woman, thus the reason i feel they should bear the brunt of financing this womans' brood.

i should go dig up my paperwork when i went through IVF, and illustrate the microscope up the ass screening DH and went through. again, i wouldn't have allowed her to adopt a pet - let alone RE-implant this woman.

my hard on has been since day one with the fertility clinic - not so much her.

they did not follow medical ethics regarding IVF one bit with this woman, thus the reason i feel they should bear the brunt of financing this womans' brood.

i should go dig up my paperwork when i went through IVF, and illustrate the microscope up the ass screening DH and went through. again, i wouldn't have allowed her to adopt a pet - let alone RE-implant this woman.

Wasn't it you that said she likely wouldn't have even passed the psych eval for a lap-band? If not you, it was still truer than true.

And yes, I also hold the clinic HUGELY responsible for this.

Donna: Put aside the tax dollars -- and put it back on the fact that the kids will suffer for her selfishness.

Most people I know wouldn't even be allowed to own four cats or dogs in a regular neighborhood.

The reason why I am so ticked is because I was raised in a manner that if you want something bad enough you earn the money to buy it and support it.

I wanted a big family too! To me 4 was big, but that was what I really wanted, but we could not afford to support them, so we had two. I knew where I had to draw the line in order to provide the best opportunities for the children. I knew I did not want to be on government assistance to have more children.

You know, there are many other things I want in life too, but it is beyond my means at this time to afford those things. So I will save and hopefully I will be able to have those those things that I want. But if I am not able to acquire what I really want then it just was not meant to be. I am not going to force my desires on the backs of the tax payers.

You know, there are many other things I want in life too, but it is beyond my means at this time to afford those things. So I will save and hopefully I will be able to have those those things that I want. But if I am not able to acquire what I really want then it just was not meant to be. I am not going to force my desires on the backs of the tax payers.

Well said. Otherwise, I'd have the Ferrari I want, and you all could pay for it for me. :biggrin:

Well said. Otherwise, I'd have the Ferrari I want, and you all could pay for it for me. :biggrin:

Okay, I am going to go off topic here. A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to buy a home, which I really really desire!!! The mortgage company was going to hook me up with one of those zero down and adjusted mortgages, which would give me low payments at first and get me into a home. Home prices at the time were sky rocketing in Cali and I felt so much pressure to buy one.

I knew in my heart that this was my dream come true...Home ownership as a single woman, something I really really want!

But, being the realist that I am, I knew that if anything were to happen once that mortgage rate adjusted, there would be no way I could make the payments. So, I am still saving.

I will tell you I am just as ticked off at people who took on mortgages that they obivously could not afford and now we are all paying for it.

For me, its just of matter of financial common sense. If you cannot afford it you cannot have it, so why is that concept so hard for people to understand?

I will tell you I am just as ticked off at people who took on mortgages that they obivously could not afford and now we are all paying for it.

For me, its just of matter of financial common sense. If you cannot afford it you cannot have it, so why is that concept so hard for people to understand?

THANK you!!! It's that entitlement gene that is getting further and further ingrained in our society -- "I WANT IT NOW SO I'M GONNA GET IT NOW."

There is a HUGE difference between somebody falling on legitimately hard times and another person CREATING them because she's selfish.

Edited by BethFromVA

So I find it highly amusing that Perez Hilton refers to said crazy lady as Octo-Pussy.

Really makes me giggle.

And having a clown car va-jay-jay has never been truer!

Everyone keeps saying it's my tax dollars, etc. Yes, but they aren't going to raise your tax dollars today to pay for her kids. It's also your tax dollars funding the highways, why don't you get equally incensed if that highway is in a part of town you never visit? I think "tax dollars" argument is way too weak in this case.

The 6 children she has now seem to be better cared for than many children in smaller, nuclear families. Adding 8 more to the mix will undoubtedly make it more difficult but it wasn't her goal to have 8 more children, she just couldn't bring herself to selectively "abort" the other fetuses.

Anyway, I doubt any of us on this board is going to be personally taking care of those children and furthermore, most of us will not see a single cent increase in our taxes as a direct result of those children.

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE PERSONAL FEELINGS OF THE POSTER BUT IS INTENDED TO HOLD UP A MIRROR TO THOSE THAT LOVE TO CAST JUDGMENTAL STONES:

How would you like it if someone asked you why are you taking a bite out of that cheesecake when it's clear you've already had way too much to eat? Now you're going to cause us to have to pay more taxes to support your fat ass when you no longer can work because you're too damned fat to be ambulatory. Look what you're doing to our health insurance costs--because of fat asses like you, the premiums just keep going up and up and up.

I believe most people, be it a smaller family or this one, can and would behave well if they had a camera filming them.

We have no idea who cared for these 6 or really how they were cared for until the spotlight hit due to the 8 babies.

It has been an issue with the family obviously or the womans own Mother would not be so fed up with her!

I know to receive disability is not always an easy task, it often takes legal involvement to obtain. She receives it for herself and assitance for 3 kids.....

It just boggles my mind why she would allow 6 embryos to be implanted....when she knew she was not raising her existing 6 without assistance.

And while no, I am not going to get a bill in the mail for my share of the goverment aid they will receive....the money still comes from somewhere, and it is not HER pocket--the ONE and only person who made this decision. The ONE and only person who SHOULD be paying her own way in this debacle!

There is a saying that if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.....and while that is very black and white, I feel this situation is too, and she is without question, part of the problem.

Kat

If God had wanted her to have children, they wouldn't have been made in a petri dish. She went against God's will, and now she is being villianized (as she should be) by the general public.

This was HER will, not God's will.

Just to set you and everyone else sraight here, I NEVER said it was God's will for her. I have ALWAYS said that God's will is for a man and a woman to get married and have a family together. I am against IVF when the 'extra' fetuses are tossed away and when there is no father involved. I am grateful that after ,AFTER, she had them growing inside her, that she didn't murder them.

And how many times are you going to evoke God's name and His will into this sick twisted story? Pattygreen are you dipping into the wholly Water or what, because again your arguments are weak and unrealistic.

All I did was tell you that this is just one more reason for why people should follow God's plan for marriage and childbearing? It would keep people from all these problems. So how did I 'evoke' God's name and will here? He's right! If she got married first, and then had these children, she would at least have had help from her spouse.

Read Kats post and do the math. She cannot provide 100% of herself to each child. And she does not have the financial means to support her children.

She will just have to do the best she can with all her children. I had 10 kids and none of them ever felt neglected.

Actually Pattygreen, your threads on this topic espouse God. God this God that.

It makes me wonder how far to the right do you stand and can you see past the wrongness of Octo-mamma's actions without saying God in the same sentence.

I'm telling you, someone is drinking the wholly water!

And again, Patty, with all do respect, your ten kids did not all come at once. Come talk to us when you have 8 preemies with health care issues. Come tell us how you and your husband raised 8 preemie babies with your 6 other kids.

Okay someone is threatening Octo-mommy. More tax payers dollars at work to investigate.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles police say they will investigate death threats against octuplet mom Nadya Sulemanmag-glass_10x10.gif.

Police Lt. John Romero says Thursday that officers are meeting with Suleman's publicist Mike Furtney about the flood of angry phone calls and e-mail messages.

Word that the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother is receiving public assistance to care for the 14 children she conceived through in vitro fertilization has stoked furor among many people.

Furtney says 500 new e-mails were received early Thursday. Fortney says Suleman is currently living in an undisclosed location and spends time with all of her kids every day.

He says not all of the calls are angry. One family from the Midwest has invited Suleman and her brood to live on their farm.

Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Securitymag-glass_10x10.gif disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

In her only media interview, Suleman told NBC's "Today" she doesn't consider the public assistance she receives to be welfare and doesn't intend to remain on it for long.