Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

[

Sorry if this has already been linked, but here's your chance to donate $$'s to Nadia. I notice that there's no mention on the website of the six young children at home.

Welcome to The Nadya Suleman Family Website

As a California resident, my tax dollars are already being donated to this family. But thanks for the link.

As a California resident, my tax dollars are already being donated to this family. But thanks for the link.

I should have added a winky. I was being facetious, if not sarcastic, although as mad as hell I am at this woman for putting her selfish needs in front of her children, I am sympathetic toward the babies and the six at home. I also cannot understand a doctor participating in this.

I should of added a winky. I was being facetious, if not sarcastic, although as mad as hell I am at this woman for putting her selfish needs in front of her children, I am sympathetic toward the babies and the six at home. I also cannot understand a doctor participating in this.

I hear you. I hope some regulation comes out of this.

No thanks! :crying:

I'll pay for a hysterectomy tho...

LOL...Well, there is an option to leave a comment on the website.

I'm not sure you could get one past the censors though. :mad2::laugh:

last night she was on dateline talking to anne curry.they did an updated interview with her yesterday and she admitted that she gets food stamp after she denied she was not getting help from welfare.she claims that is all she getting.

i live in ny and i know for a fact that if you have no income or not working you get medicaid,food stamps and maybe some cash. i heard it on the news this am that her dad said she gave a false name for the babies father.

does she know what the truth is???

but the doctor really should have known better

this is where i have the biggest grief - the fertility clinic. at this point they should be the ones to support this woman & her children for the abuse of IVF treatments....not the state of ca.

i've seen adoptions of puppies go thru more screening than this clinic did with an obvious deluded individual.

i would not have allowed her to adopt a goldfish IMO.

i've seen adoptions of puppies go thru more screening than this clinic did with an obvious deluded individual.

i would not have allowed her to adopt a goldfish IMO.

So true Lulu!

Then why didn't she trust God to "open her womb"? Apparently God didn't want her to have children; otherwise, doctors playing god would not have had to intervene.

God's plan was for men and women to get married and procreate through sex. It was man who decided, "If I can't conceive that way, I'll try it this way."(IVF) Man did not take into consideration that embryos would sometimes be destroyed with this process. Something I'm sure would not meet his approval. (Once again, man does what he wants to do to get whatever he wants in life) In this case, a child. Maybe God didn't want her to have children, and she chose to have them anyway. Who knows? Maybe God's plan was for her to meet a nice man and get married and then he would give her children later in life. Either way, she was impatient and wanted them now, so she had IVF. I'm not saying that what she did was right, I'm just saying that we all have done what she's done on some level or other. Many of us have had help from the gov. in some way or other on a smaller or larger scale than she. (Food stamps, energy assistance, WIC, state medical ins., student loans, etc.) Right now it's her turn. So what.

She was irrisponsible to have so many children, at her choice, without the means to support them, but so do so many people in the world. There is such a thing as birth control, but many didn't use it and now have 1 more child to support that they can't afford. How is that different? Oh, I know it will be hard for her, with 8 infants all at once, but she will do it. She will have help, just like we all do when we only bring 1 home from the hospital.

She says she didn't take any money from dateline for her first TV appearance, but if I were her, I would have held out for the highest bidder on an interview and took a million or more to talk with someone. This could have helped her tremendously. The world was waiting to hear from her. She blew that opportunity. (Before you say anything about how wrong that would have been, take a look at some celebrities who sold 1st photos of their babies to magazines for millions.)

Matt Lauer/Jean Chatzky discuss the costs of raising 14 children. 1.5 million for just the basics and that doesn't include college or the huge costs for any of them that are/will be disabled. They say that even after she gets her Masters degree her salary of 60K max. won't even cover childcare while she's at work.

My 2 cents...IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A CHILD, DON'T HAVE ONE! It's part of the equation when the rest of us decide on kids, it should be for you!

Here's the link:

msnbc.com Video Player

So what if celebrities hold out for pay for pics of their kids-------just one more thing she was irresposible for.

I had my Mom help me when I come home-------her Mom is fed up with her....

How many people does she expect to drop everything at her whim?

Kat

I don't think she is crazy.

Maybe not crazy, but very selfish.

She had 6 children and wanted another one.

No....She had 6 and wanted another 6....at least that was how many embryos she says she had implanted.

I have 7 children, and took in 3 more that I didn't deliver.

And that is fantastic. I'm sure the lives of those children are the better for it. However, just because you could do it, doesn't mean that everybody can. It's kinda like a skinny person telling any one of us "Hey, I lost weight without weightloss surgery...anybody can do it".

Alot of people use foodstamps. Alot of people live at home with their parents for a while till they can get to a point where they can do it on their own. Alot of people have student loans. Isn't it her right to live in America and have it her way.

Hmmmmm...this is an interesting point. Does she have this right? Is it her fundamental right to have as many kids as she wants, even if the taxpayers are funding their care? Are you ok with the polygamous cults having 30 children and being on welfare (they do this purposefully....they call it "bleeding the beast")?

She has a right to want a large family, just like any of us have a right to decide how many children we will have. If you complain about having to help her with your tax dollars, then you need to complain about EVERY person you help with your tax dollars.

Flawed arguement. You don't see any difference? Really?

She, too, when she graduates school in 1 year will be able to support her children.

Maybe. There's a lot of college grads who are unemployed. Frankly, at this point, her name is "mudd"....who would hire her?

She seemed to me to be a very loving mom to her kids. She will give them what they need most. A mothers love. Money isn't everything. They may not have the 'best' of things, but they will have a mom who loves them.

And love is very important....but you can't survive on love alone. Kids need stuff too. School supplies, food, attention, clothes, time....all kinds of stuff. At some point, we all have to be realistic about our resources.

Plain, I totally agree with all of your points.

Matt Lauer/Jean Chatzky discuss the costs of raising 14 children. 1.5 million for just the basics and that doesn't include college or the huge costs for any of them that are/will be disabled. They say that even after she gets her Masters degree her salary of 60K max. won't even cover childcare while she's at work.

My 2 cents...IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A CHILD, DON'T HAVE ONE! It's part of the equation when the rest of us decide on kids, it should be for you!

Here's the link:

msnbc.com Video Player

Balogny! It doesn't cost nearly that! I raised 10 children and my husband and I lived on $38,000. annually. We had a mortgage and we all ate well. My kids never lacked for anything. While my husband and I could never save any money to send them all to college, each one of them found a way to attend after graduating high school. (Either with student loans or grants.) I still have 3 left in High school, and I'm sure they will also go to college. The largest expense to having children is the formula the first year and the diapers till their toilet trained. After that, it's the grocery bill. I never understood where people come up with these stupid ideas of the cost to raise a child. If you make 30,000. a year, then that's what it costs. If you have to do without a new car, then you do without. I went to consignment shops for clothing and used coupons on groceries. Money isn't everything. I grew up in a large family. My parents had 8 kids. We were very poor, but I never knew it. We went to the beach alot, we went sledding in the winter, we had many hikes and picnics and went camping together. We were loved very much. Yes, I remember wearing my sisters hand me downs in High school, but it never bothered me. My motherinlaw came from a family of 14 siblings. They lived in upstate NY and were very poor. But she says she had the best life despite not having much money. The children will be happy and fine if their mom loves them and shows it.