Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

I just got approved too! the dr called and we set a date for March 16th - the first day of my spring break. I will have a whole week to recover and get use to the band. I like "March Melters" - if I get a vote.

Of course you get to vote! March Bandsters = March Voters! Congrats!!!!!!

Miraculous Marchers

Miraculous Marchers:thumbup:

You will be fine - it took me almost 6 months - and I had to fight every step of the way! Once I got the letter from Tricare that said the deniel had been reversed - it took me 2 seconds to get the appt. make. I am sooooo excited I can't stand it! I will be banded on the 16th - the first day of my spring break. I wish you luck!

i still can't find the voting poll idk where to look. I like Curvy Clovers!!!! Wouldn't work for a guy though..unless he was curvy! lol Having my surgery march 3ed. Just found out yesterday. And I gotta do Carnation instant Breakfast 4 times a day and one actually meal 1 time a day Starting the 24th of this month!! Any one had this carnation instant breakfast stuff?????

I like the choc. one - hot it is like coaco - I add a little sweeten low to it.

I like the choc. one - hot it is like coaco - I add a little sweeten low to it.

Yea, march 3rd, concerned about the pre-op diet, hope i can do it! do you know how to do the ticker thing?:angry:

i still can't find the voting poll idk where to look. I like Curvy Clovers!!!! Wouldn't work for a guy though..unless he was curvy! lol Having my surgery march 3ed. Just found out yesterday. And I gotta do Carnation instant breakfast 4 times a day and one actually meal 1 time a day Starting the 24th of this month!! Any one had this carnation instant breakfast stuff?????

Try this:

Navigation »Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum > Lap-band Support Groups > Monthly Lap-band Support Groups > 2009 Bandsters > March 09 Bandsters » What is our name going to be?????

i still can't find the voting poll idk where to look. I like Curvy Clovers!!!! Wouldn't work for a guy though..unless he was curvy! lol Having my surgery march 3ed. Just found out yesterday. And I gotta do Carnation instant breakfast 4 times a day and one actually meal 1 time a day Starting the 24th of this month!! Any one had this carnation instant breakfast stuff?????

Hi AshleyB; I have been on the pre-op diet for over 3 weeks now. I take a day or two on the weekend off since I am not pre-op yet. The diet is a carnation instant breakfast at 7 am noon, 4 pm and 8 pm with an apple at 10 am an orange at 2 pm and at 6:30 4 oz grilled chicken breast with 2 cups salad. I started eating 1/4 cup Pasta sauce (a nice marinara that comes in a small jar) on the chicken since I was tired of dry boneless skinless chicken. You can sub 4 oz fish for the chicken, which I do sometimes.

The surgeon's office called me yesterday and offered me a Feb surgery date as they had open schedule and were calling the approved patients (so I am approved!!!), but since I have been emotionally preparing for March I and trying to lose a pre-op 25 lbs. I said I was working on the weight part and was planning for March... I think early March is soon enough!

This is a lot to prepare for. It's not exactly the kind of thing I jump in a week or two away... I have been thinking about this since 2002-2003, another couple of weeks is not a big deal to wait for. Now that it is getting towards the time for this to happen, I feel a little scared of it... it is a giant step forward and I will have a tool to help me reach my goal of a normal life lived to the fullest. But I will have to get through the surgery, and the anaesthesia. I have had laparoscopic abdominal surgery - and I don't know if its just me, but I hurt from head to toe for days. Good thing I had a King Sized featherbed folded in half, to lay on it really eased the pain of living after that surgery. Is it the anaesthesia or the laparoscopy gas that makes you hurt all over? I think I am going to buy a featherbed, or two... it will help at least psychologically.

Was anyone else in pain after the surgery??? Pain from the insicion or just all over hurt? Also how bad and big are the scars from lariscopoic surgery. Having a hard time spelling these words...lol

I haven't been banded yet - but I did have my gaulbladder removed the same way this will happen. They blow you abdominal up with air - then you might have air pockets left in you - THAT HURTS! My husband gave me little tiny shots that helped reduce those air bubbles. I think everyone scars differently. I have three very small scars from that - you can hardly tell they are there. My dr now says he is going to cut on those same scars - so I won't get any extra!