Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

My dr. said he did not want me to diet before I get banded - he said that he wants me to be as healthy as possible. I wonder if it will make a diffferance to diet or not. I feel like I should be dieting - just because it is a habit!!

That's awesome! I don't know about you but I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm making lists and counting down on the calendar and I'm just going kinda crazy. I have to get an endoscopy instead of an upper GI and I just scheduled that for 2/14...what a good way to spend Valentine's Day! Where are you having your surgery at?

I am self paying cause insurance wouldn't approve me as I don't have any co-morbidities. It kinda sucks to have to pay that large amount of money but I know it will be well worth it and I can't wait!

I'm having surgery at NYU (I live in New York.) How about you?

You're freaking me out about the insurance - I don't have comorbidities either, well none that I take meds for anyway, but the insurance requirement is a BMI of 40 and I have that! I really pray they approve me....

Hi all March Melters ... I have a surgery date of March 30th. I am hoping it stays as I have not yet received clearence from the gastronologist. My test results show H pylori and signs of Malt Lymphoma (a rare stomach cancer) needless to say I am on the prev-pac .Per the gatronologist , I have to get another EGD on 3/03 and depending on results which I wont know until 3/19 he will let me know if I have clearence or not .. Wish me luck guys !!!! Per my Bariatric MD , We will stay on schedule and wait for results ...

This is so funny I just posted something like this. I an officially a march bandster either the 3ed or 10th!!! So thrilled. I like the Mini-marchers Good for guy or girl!!

I'm having surgery at NYU (I live in New York.) How about you?

You're freaking me out about the insurance - I don't have comorbidities either, well none that I take meds for anyway, but the insurance requirement is a BMI of 40 and I have that! I really pray they approve me....

That was exactly my issue. I was at a BMI of 41 at the time I decided to look into surgery and then I got the devastating news...with my insurance I had to be at 40 or higher for at least 2 years if I had no co-morbidities. They would have accepted me if I had been DIAGNOSED with other issues. I have high blood pressure (yesterday was 160/106) but have never taken meds for it. I have had high blood sugar but the doctor always just told me to lose weight. I hit a wall every time and I just got tired of it.

Who knows, don't let my story discourage you...your insurance might be different than mine. That is just my experience, it isn't law!

I'm praying for you, let me know how it goes!

Hey everyone, I posted a poll on the March 09 folder under forum. I am going to go and try to add mini-marchers and March Maniacs. Please go vote!

I like FaBANDulous March Melters! Just thought I would add onto the other one. Hehe. =)

Ok, marchers name, some suggestions majestic, matchless, master, meager, moldable, missing (as in we are going to lose so much we will be hard to find) marchers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so it wouldn't let me update the poll so I just say we go with March Melters then if anyone wants to put additional stuff on there they can. How does that sound?

Ok, so it wouldn't let me update the poll so I just say we go with March Melters then if anyone wants to put additional stuff on there they can. How does that sound?

Hi there I couldn't find where to go to vote for the name?? I'm so excited I just found out today it's gonna be on the 3ed or 10th of March!!!! Yayayaya:thumbup: So thrilled, i've noticed people already have lost weight and they haven't been banded yet??? Is this b/c of the pre op diet? Can you tell me a little bit about the diet my surgeon is suposed to e-mail me the diet plan and wants me on it for 2 weeks prior to my surgery!!! Is it just liquids or what?? Any suggestions woudl be helpful!

thanks

Is this b/c of the pre op diet? Can you tell me a little bit about the diet my surgeon is suposed to e-mail me the diet plan and wants me on it for 2 weeks prior to my surgery!!! Is it just liquids or what??

Yes, I haven't started my pre-op diet yet but it will most likely be all liquids! That is what mine is. Some doctors say lean Proteins and some veggies but it's all up to the doctor. My surgeon told me yesterday that I only have to be on pre-op liquids for 2-3 days prior but some people are up to 2-3 weeks. It all depends. I would just wait until you get the packet from your doctor but you most likely will start to lose weight during your pre-op phase. I hope that helps!

I just got approved - the surgeon's office just called me! I'm sooooo happy - March 9th it is!!!!!

I just got approved too! the dr called and we set a date for March 16th - the first day of my spring break. I will have a whole week to recover and get use to the band. I like "March Melters" - if I get a vote.

Congrats to everyone who have recently gotten approval and have March dates! I've been in the Feb 09 board for no particular reason outside of getting some questions answered. :tongue: I know you all must be so excited and I am so very happy for you! Your adventure has officially began!

I am one of those whose insurance hasn't been approved yet and feel very anxious about it. I feel like I could finally feel like my journey has started once that happens. My insurance changes March 31 to the insurance someone mentioned above where you have to be 40bmi or greater for a min of 2 years. So this is it for me! My appt with the surgeon is this Friday - so that will be when my insurance is submitted. I still have the psych appt, nutritional appt, and support meeting to attend. I have a stress test from cardiologist, last mammogram, & copy of my cholesterol bloodwork. I will be getting copies of my dr supervised weight loss attempt and a letter of recommendation from a Dr I have been seeing for the last 7 years. I'm sure I still need an actual referral from my primary care physician. Anyway - tmi - but I hope to join this group of March success stories!

I wish you all getting ready - all the luck in the world! And as for protien drinks - I've read in a couple of places that the protien drinks at costco are really good.

As for a name. March melters is good. Shrinking Shamrocks? Shapely Shamrocks? Shameless Shamrocks? Lucky Lapbanders? Curvy Clovers? Classy Clovers? LOL -how fun to think up stuff....