Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone have restriction after 1st fill?

I guess everyone is different. I was banded 10-10-08 and to date have lost about 72 lbs. and have NOT had a fill yet. I am going to the Dr. 1-27-09 and if he wants to fill I will only allow 1.5 to 2.0 max. I have heard of too many stories about filling too fast. Just my opinion.

My first fill was at surgery with 3cc being inserted into my 10cc LapBand.

My second fill was 1.5cc and the third fill was 1cc. The second and third fill gave me restriction for a couple of weeks, but then it fades. Cannot wait to hit the holy grail my "Sweet Spot"! :blush:

my first fill wasnt unitil 8 weeks and then he gave me 2.5cc second fill was another 8 weeks he gave me 2.00 cc i have 8cc band have had good restriction for both fills sometimes im more hungry than others and sometimes i can eat anything and then sometimes i get stuck with everything i have lost 57 pounds since may 22 pounds before surgery was in june and ive lost 35 pounds since then

Hi Im new tho this site. I was banded on Dec. 10th 2008. I noticed you have at the end low profile port revision. What does that mean? Im having problems with my port. Has anyone else had a problem with there port?

UPDATE!! Had the fill, was VERY surprised had absolutely NO pain having it done! By the size of the needle I was surely expecting at least a pinch, but nothing...I had somewhere between 3.5 and 4cc put in...So excited I forgot to ask..Nothing to eat for 2 days, just liquids..I am hungry but do notice some restriction just with fluids..

Congratulations!

I am glad to her some of your experiences. I have had one fill and still don't feel much restriction. My Doctor is the slow but sure kind. I was banded on 11/19/08 and have only lost 22 pounds. It seems like most of you have lost a lot more. I don't know what i am doing wrong. I feel very down and wondering if I did the right thing. If I have to starve myself to lose that is the same as before. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

I am glad to her some of your experiences. I have had one fill and still don't feel much restriction. My Doctor is the slow but sure kind. I was banded on 11/19/08 and have only lost 22 pounds. It seems like most of you have lost a lot more. I don't know what i am doing wrong. I feel very down and wondering if I did the right thing. If I have to starve myself to lose that is the same as before. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

You are doing a great job! You are losing a little more than 2 lbs per week, which is what is expected. You may not think it is a lot now, but if it continues, it adds up. I am 6 1/2 months out and have lost 67 lbs. That is about 10 lbs per month....exactly what you are doing now (you were banded 2 months and 1 week ago). So it may not seem like it, but it adds up to a great deal if you keep up the good work. Also, as you continue to get fills and finally reach restriction you won't feel like you are starving yourself. It may seem like I "diet" to people because I eat between 1200-1500 per day, but I don't think of it as a diet, because I don't feel hungry all of the time. It gets better, really it does.

Congratulations!

I also had my first fill yesterday, and agree with you aside from a tiny prick there was nothing to it. Of course my port just seems to stick right out there and wave! Glad of that.

I'm doing the liquids for 24 hours so my official test will be at lunch with some cottage cheese Hoping for something, but I've learned that patience is a must with this thing!

I have my next fill appt for 3 weeks.

Good luck to you

Just got back from seeing my dr. I was banded 12/19 and as of this morning, I've lost 35pounds (15 on the pre-op diet, 20 since surgery). I have 60 more pounds to go!

I'd lost almost 12 pounds since I saw my dr. 4 weeks ago. He seemed pretty pleased with my progress, but said no fill! He is NOT aggessive with fills and told me some of his patients go 4-6months without a fill.

I've just started getting hungry the last week or so, but I've been on purees and liquids. He did tell me today I could move to regular food--:cursing:

I'll see him again in 3wks and I guess we'll see if I get a fill then.

Just got back from seeing my dr. I was banded 12/19 and as of this morning, I've lost 35pounds (15 on the pre-op diet, 20 since surgery). I have 60 more pounds to go!

I'd lost almost 12 pounds since I saw my dr. 4 weeks ago. He seemed pretty pleased with my progress, but said no fill! He is NOT aggessive with fills and told me some of his patients go 4-6months without a fill.

I've just started getting hungry the last week or so, but I've been on purees and liquids. He did tell me today I could move to regular food--:cursing:

I'll see him again in 3wks and I guess we'll see if I get a fill then.

Please trust your doc. When you move to regular food, you may find you aren't hungry any more. If you are, then yeah, get the fill. I have an aggressive doc, but I don't get the fills he normally gives (4ccs). I ask for half and even had half of that removed at my first fill. My friend was too tight and it was VERY unpleasant and painful for her.

Oh yeah, I do trust him. I'm actually glad he's not too aggressive. I just keep reading about bandster hell, and I DON'T want it to get that bad for me!

It hasn't been bad at all so far. I just hope the next three weeks go as smoothly.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I guess I am just too impatient. I will keep doing what I am doing and wait for the next fill.

Thanks again.

BlueBird,

You are doing GREAT. Everyone is different. I've heard some people have gained weight by having milk shakes and such nonsense. We all had a surgical procedure to "ASSIST" us in dropping weight. For myself, I figured if I went to the trouble of having surgery, I will learn the best foods to eat, and any type of excersise is better than none. Slow and steady wins the race. You lost 22 lbs. This is only the start of the rest of your new and better life. Keep up the good work. Jesse

Edited by JesseH