Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery wednesday evening 7pm was back on ward 10pm, home 15 hours later..

Doing good, a little uncomfortable (not pain) & just a slight bit of gas in shoulder & an uncomfortable feeling when the gas starts to come up & then stays at where the band is..Im so lucking forward to doing a burp..lol..

Thought i would be in agony, so i built myself up worrying over just about nothing really..doing the walking about like they told me to, Had a good night sleep last night too :thumbdown:

Try some Gas X stips they really do help with the gas pains and all :w00t: Congrats!!!!!

Had surgery wednesday evening 7pm was back on ward 10pm, home 15 hours later..

Doing good, a little uncomfortable (not pain) & just a slight bit of gas in shoulder & an uncomfortable feeling when the gas starts to come up & then stays at where the band is..Im so lucking forward to doing a burp..lol..

Thought i would be in agony, so i built myself up worrying over just about nothing really..doing the walking about like they told me to, Had a good night sleep last night too :w00t:

Hey Debbie, I too got banded Wed, lol. And home on Thurs @ noon. Yeah, these gas bubbles are a killer. I feel them mainly in the front of my chest. I'm walking also & doing what I'm supposed to. I just hope these gas pains disipate! lol Glad you had a good night sleep:) ~Lori

Just banded on Tuesday, June 9th. Surgery time was 4pm and I was home and in my bed before 9pm. Sore from gas and port site. I have to say I felt better yesterday, Wednesday, June 10th. then I do today Thursday, June 11th. Gas pains are now across the shoulder blades but also feel something in the front top of my neck. Could the gas bubble have moved again??

I am a bit hungry today. Had some broth, Jello and Water but have just about had enough of that!!

Tomorrow starts my full liquids! I am half tempted to strat them now!! I was thinking about having one of my EAS Protein Drinks but am afraid that doing this a day early may cause me a problem!!

Any suggestions please feel free to e mail me!!

Thanks

Dot

Hi there! I was banded May 29, 2009. My Dr let me begin my EAS shakes on Day 2. I had no problems with them at all. I know some people have problems with milk based Protein shakes afterwards. They said if I did to try Isopure which is juice based I think. (from GNC)

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried any gas-x strips for the gas? I used them and had no problem with gas or gas pains...