Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many banders can eat bread without problems? How much and when?

What if any bread items can you eat without any discomfort  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What if any bread items can you eat without any discomfort

• None-tried it once will never try it again
    • Little-tried a little not horrible but uncomfortable
    • OK-can eat bread and/or bread products with few problems
    • As much as I want-Never had a problem with bread with the band

I have a very hard time with any type of bread, wide noodles or sticky white rice. I do miss them and occasionally try but always end up sick. You would think that I would learn but I just haven't yet.

Right now, I have 4 cc's in a 14cc band. There isn't anything that I can't eat... I have noticed that if I take too big a bite of any kind of meat, that I can feel it going all the way down very slowly. Breads, Cookies, Pasta and rice haven't caused me any problems at all. The band definitely helps me feel full on less food, and stay full longer. But I wish I had more restriction when it comes to Snacks. I wouldn't be in this position if I had good will power, right?

Any suggestions?

:smile:I tried pizza this past weekend and it went okay. I think it was the slowest I have ever eaten pizza . My LB was on 12/30 and I am eating regular foods. I have not eaten bread excpect for the pizza and no problems so far and I only had 2 pieces.

I was banded Jan 20 of 2009 and have my first fill in 3 weeks. I've eaten a little bread and often feel a knot/pain in the center of my chest. Noodles and rice are more difficult so I stay away from those. I lost 15.5 # the first 2 weeks but now that I'm on soft/regular foods I know I've regained some and guess that's to be expected. Any words of wisdom pending my first fill?

Daylily

I was only able to eat bread up until my 3rd fill. After that, it began sticking nearly each and every time. I almost always PB any bread items. Flour tortillas or soft breads are the worst. Occasionally, I *can* eat a little tiny bit if it's at the tail end of a small meal, and I'm having a day when I'm not so tight. My normal, very tight days make it impossible. So, I fluctuate between the answer in the poll of "NEVER" and "LITTLE"

I have to chew bread reeeaally well, then its okay. My only real problem food is chicken; no more grilled chicken-way too dry. Baked chicken breast is also problematic. The only way I can eat chicken is in the form of chicken salad that has lots of mayo to make it very moist but that's not healthy food and defeats the point of the band so I don't eat it.

If I am super tightly restricted, I can't eat it unless it is crunchy, thin or toasted and I have to eat something else with it.

However, I found that the worst combination, that is instant pb city for me with tight restriction, is lunch meat on white bread. The combination of white bread with the moist lunch meat seems to congeal in a non-to-comfortable expandable clump in my stomach.

My band is more open now and I can eat it easily without issue. It is not uncommon for me to have 1 thin slice of fresh baked italian bread with dinner if we are having something that you typically eat with bread as an accompaniment.

Restriction level has a lot to do with it. The trick is to find the least amount of restriction that allows you to eat a full diet of healthy foods while still facilitating weight loss.

It stands for productive burp. Basically, a pb is when you burp and food comes back up with it. For the most part, when we talk about pbing, it's not just a burp. It's throwing up. It's just that you throw up the food that is stuck, and not stomach bile.

It seems no matter how tight I have been, I have always been able to eat bread. This is not a good thing. Actually, there never has been a food that I can't eat, as long as I chew it up until there is nothing left to chew.

i have had a little bread, and seem to be fine. I just made sure that I chewed it well enough. I can't seem to give up a Peanut Butter and jelly sandwhich, def a weakness of mine. I just make a half a one now.

You may find Peanut butter on a spoon tastes quite good after a couple fills LOL!!! That's what I have quite often.

I absolutely love bread! It's the one food I find impossible to give up. I recently got my band, January 20th, and have found that I CAN still enjoy it from time to time if it's chewed really well. I've tried white bread, wheat bread, toasted bread and english muffins. I'll be rewarding myself with a slice of pizza when I've lost 25 lbs.

I love bread! :thumbup:

~K

I can eat crackers and toasted bread. I cannot eat Pasta, rice, noodles or untoasted bread. Sucks for me because I am truly an Italian pasta-bread kinda girl. I still try every so often but it always gets stuck!

I do not think that you will have too much of a problem giving it up. I eat it - a slice of wheat toast every morning without any problem. I used to be a bread-a-holic. I love biscuits, toast, cornbread, muffins, you name it but I don't have a craving for it anymore. The toast is all the bread that I have daily. Hope this helps.