Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 26th

I had my first fill 2/13 which was just under 3 weeks post op. I had 4 ccs put in but the band I have holds 14cc. I had to go on liquids for only about a day and a half. After that I was back on solids, but eating less. I have still hit a wall for weight loss so I am kicking up the frequency of my workouts to try to break through. A week post fill doesn't feel all that different than I did before my fill, but maybe that is just me. I know they don't want to overfill right away, so I will check back with the DOC in about 3 weeks. Can we all agree that t his process still takes hard work, focus and self control? I say that as I stare at a box of Girl Scout Cookies only 3 feet away! I am going to the gym now! Keep the drive alive!

Hey everyone,

Glad you are all doing well. I am going for my first fill on 9th March, my surgeon is away before then!:wink2: I am looking forward to it as I am not losing anything now but I am not putting on either. I really don't feel much restriction at all and I'm eating normal food, just less than I was before. Thanks for letting us know how your fills went, I have no idea how my surgeon is going to do my fills so I will let you know how it goes. The surgeons assistant told me last time that they expected me to lose another 6-8 pounds by the time I went back for my first fill but I don't think that's going to happen! I hope I don't get told off!:)

I can feel my port and I have trouble bending right over as it feels as though my port gets squashed and I stand up quickly as it is not a nice feeling. This only happens when I try to touch my feet or bend right over to pick something off the floor. Does anyone else have this feeling? I hope there's nothing wrong! Still getting a little constipated too but using Fybrogel which helps. I think it's my fault for not drinking enough!

Keep going everyone!:)

Hope, I am right with you and not drinking enough. I find myself so thirsty at the end of the day since I'm not drinking all day long. LOL, then I'm up all night long going to the bathroom! Will I ever learn?

I'm still hanging around the same weight loss as before but I'm starting to feel restriction again. It's kinda weird. I was able to eat anything at first with no problem but now I have to be careful and if I eat too much I get an achy pain in my upper BACK?? Can you believe it? I have no idea why my upper back would hurt but it does. Too strange.

My first fill is the 3rd so I'm almost there. We are flying to Massachusetts this weekend and I was hoping to be much further down than this to help me fit in the plane seat. Oh well, wish me luck.

Hugs

Christy

Had my first fill today, so I'm on liquids the rest of the day and then on soft foods tomorrow. Almost painless and very quick. Mr surgeon added 6ccs to my 11cc band. No problems afterward and my next fill will be in four weeks. He said that since I have the new Realize-C band that he is adding more saline than he would to the old Realize band.

Craig

Hope,

I am getting my first fill on March 9th also. I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their fill experiences. I am not nervous at all.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am holding steady (no gain/loss) but it is difficult as I do not feel any restriction.

Have a great evening!

Kara

Craig, what do you mean 'almost' no pain??!! I am worried now! What was it like? Like having a blood test or an injection or worse? And how have you been since your fill, have you felt any more restriction?

Has anyone who has had a fill had any problems? PBing, anything stuck, sliming etc? Can't wait for the 9th when I get mine but I am a little worried:(

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away. We flew to Boston late last week for a meeting and got home Saturday. I've come down with a horrible cold/flu type thing so I've been away from the computer for a while. My head fog seems to be clearing a bit today, finally.

I'm doing well although I have no idea how. I think being sick has diminished my appetite so in spite of the fact that I can pretty much eat anything I'm down about 5 pounds. I'm afraid that my doc wont do a fill tomorrow since I'm total from surgery down 23 pounds basically in the last 5 weeks. The pain is that most of that loss was the first two weeks after that it's taken me 3 weeks of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds to finally lose an additional 5 pounds this week. I wish I could figure this out.

I don't have heavy restriction but I do have some restriction with some foods. Kinda funny. I can eat quite a bit but if I do I'm uncomfortable, however, if I eat just a little but I'm satisfied for about the same amount of time as when I eat a lot. Very confusing.

Well, I'm off. The boys are out of school today after being out on Friday so we are going to try to get out of the house before we all go stir crazy.

Talk to you later

Christy

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone gotten something stuck and thrown up? I had this happen Sunday night. My fault, I was a the neighbors for dinner and did not chew my meat properly. My concern is that I hurt something with the band. It hurt so badly in my esophogus for about 30 minutes. I am going to mention it to the doctor, but curious if anyone else had this happen to them?

Banded on Jan 27 in Sydney, Australia. Some problems with post op infection in one access site. Lost 12 kilos since starting Protein Drinks regime 2 weeks pre-op (Jan 13th). No weight loss last 2 weeks, first fill on Tuesday 10th March. Hoping for good results, very little restriction now...!

Well, I went in for my first fill and ended up not getting one. The doctor told me he would be willing to fill my band if I really wanted him to but that I was doing so great with it so far that he was fine leaving it for another month to month and a half. I said that would be fine as I am doing well. I was down another 9 pounds from three weeks ago which makes 24 pounds total in the last 6 weeks. He says there are people who have a hard time losing that much weight when they have a fill so I'm doing great.

I have an appt in 4 weeks but if I begin to gain weight before then I can call anytime for a fill. They were really very nice even though it took me two hours to see the doctor for only about 5 minutes. Oh well, I had a good book to read.

Hugs

Christy

My fill was just a slight prick when the needle went in. I'm a diabetic so I'm used to giving myself insulin shots. It wasn't any worse than that. I'm not really feeling much different than before the fill, but my doctor warned me that I wouldn't feel much restriction until after the third fill. Now that I'm back to solid food I'm having to watch my Portion Control.< /p>

Craig

Hi guys,

Well done Christy, you are doing so well, keep it up:)

I go for my 1st fill on Monday and I haven't lost any more so I am scared the doctor will tell me off!:laugh: I am looking forward to having some restriction as there is hardly anything there at all.

Welcome Fulham from down under! I'll let you know how the fill goes on Monday, I hope yours goes well on Tuesday:)

KD, I have read of your experience happening to others on this site when they eat too fast and don't chew well enough. It sounds very scary but I'm sure it will happen to most of us at some point, especially when we have more restriction. It's hard to remember to eat slowly and chew well all the time and we only need to forget once and that's what will happen. I hope you are OK now.

Thanks for the reassurance Craig! I hope you're telling me the truth and are not just being kind;) I'll let you know how I get on on Monday.

Well keep in touch everyone, I'll check in again after my fill.

Jacquie

Hey guys!

Had my first fill today and it wasn't too bad, about as bad as giving blood. I had also lost another 3 kilos (6.6 pounds) which was good as my scales are broken and I was worried I would have put on!

I had to lie on the bed and push my stomach up so that the doctor could feel the port and keep pushing whilst he put the needle in and injected the saline. It took around 10 seconds to do and the only pain was the initial point of the needle going in. So all in all not too bad. No barium drink or anything like that. I now have 2cc in a 10cc (I think!) band. I'm on fluids today and mushies tomorrow. I've had some Soup and some yogurt (is that classed as fluids:confused:) and I can't say that it feels any different at the moment. I can't have another fill for a month so I am booked in on the 6th April for it.

Just wish I could hurry up and find my 'sweet spot' and lose this weight:smile:

Hello everyone! Kara, I had a similar situation last night. I ate chicken and I was so hungry AND used to little restriction. Well, I git some stuck and it was sooo painful. It lasted 50 minutes! I will never eat fast again. I went in today for my 2nd fill at basically 6.5 weeks post op. The first time he added 4cc and this time he added 2cc. We are trying to get it dialed in. I am down a total of about 37lbs, so I hope this helps me even more. I hope everyone continues to keep us updated on their progress (Jacquie, Craig, Christy, Jewel, Summertime)

Patrick

Hi all! Sorry it's been so long. I have been holding steady at about 25 lbs and waiting for a fill. I had my first on 3/10/09. I am a little worried because I don't feel much restriction even though he put in 5cc's...anyone else not feeling much?

weight.png