Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

i hope i agree...not big on the IV but if thats the worst of it all....ok

I'm the BIGGEST baby when it comes to pain, and needles. If I did this, I am totally confident that you will be able to do it. Good Luck!!!

Ang, THE BALD GUY here, i was banded Feb 5, i am still in a little pain, i have an wound that wont stop bleeding. i went to the insta care, they were going to send me to a surgeon. I came home and banded up my belly.

I have just 2 spots that hurt the port mainly I have over did it a couple of times, I am suposed to be on mushy stuff for 3 more weeks but my cousin whom had it done also her dr only had her on it a week then move to what she can tolerate I took the kido to chuck e cheese today and I ate off a slice of pizza I know it was bad a chewed really well and had no problem at all it actually made me feel good I have been so hungery I can't take it, but no more I don't want to CHEAT I need a fill soon I don't go until the 12th of march and I am only getting 2cc since we are going to dianey world the 19th of march she said do small so I can enjoy the trip so have any of u CHEATEd come on be honest I really feel like crap and hope to not do it again!!!:)

Ang, You r not alone, i have cheated and still cheating. i dont push it though just snmall cheat. i had about 10 mcdonald fries today. and 3 or 4 nachos it hasnt bothered me, but im ok. i chew chew and chew..i puree they food in my mouth.LOL i get full really quick from that small amt of stuff. i am still on liquids surgery was 2/4/09. going to mushies on monday. but dr weants me to stay on liquids to maximize the weight loss, but i cant i am to hungry. any way..you r not alone!!!!!

i am on clear liqids today (sunday) going in tomorrow the 23rd and nervous.. i have not had to be on a special pre-op diet (just the day before)

Had my surgery on the 20th- everything went well. At 3 days post-op the gas is rumbling alot, and incisions are a bit ouchy, but the pain is well managed with liquid Tylenol. Trying to walk as much as I can, which has to be indoors as we are having a snowstorm right now. Drinking Clear Liquids now, will start full liquids in 3 more days. So far, so good!

Day 4 and still doing pretty well. The shoulder pain keeps popping up. It is completely gone and then it just hits and hits hard:cursing:. I find that a heating pad does wonders on it.

A little worried about lack of protien. I dont think there is enough in the clear liquids I am drinking. I am gonna go out to GNC to see if I can find something tastless to mix into my drinks.< /p>

My surgey is on thursday. I still have 3lbs to lose. I have stuck to the 2 protien shakes and 1 lean cuisine a day for 11 days now and the scale won't budge. Any advise?

:hurray:

My surgery is tomorrow and I know I can make the rest of the day on clear liquids. Its been hell for two days. I much prefer the full liquid diet. Can't wait for my first Protein Shake (God, I can't believe I said that). I lost 8# so far on 10 days full liquids and two days clear.

The awesome day for me is 2/25:thumbup:

weight.png

Edited by Cocobutta

Ok I called my dr, today because I am hungrey and feel like I could eat just about anything, when my dr put the band in he doesn't put anything in it so I have no restictions so I can eat they just say take it slow because of swelling but if I am hungrey my swelling must be gone so I can eat now I will go on the 12th to get my first fill and I will get 4cc so until then I can eat normal but now I won't over do it I have lost 15 lbs since surgery and want to keep it off. I would love to hear how some of you early month banders are doing and those who have had there first fills...:smile:

Hello...my name is Christi and I'm from Missouri. I get my band on Friday the 27th. Glad I found this forum, the Febs look like a great bunch of supportive people! I have been on the "low carb" diet for 2 weeks and starving the whole time. Just not enough food that is easy enough to eat! I think I have lost a few lbs., maybe 5 or 6, don't understand why not more. I have to go on clear liquids Thursday, day before surgery. Then Friday is the big day. Not really too nervous, I've read everything I can get my hands on and watched hours of video on youtube of the actual surgery and also from people who have had it. I also have all my post-op food bought. I guess my biggest fear is the fear of failure. What if I get this band, and still want to eat all that yummy junk that I'm used to eating? What if I do good for a while, then go back to my old bad habits? And not really looking forward to excercise either, but I know I have to do it. I really want to look better, so I am up for anything at this point. The way I look at it is...I have tried life this way for long enough and it's just not working for me. Time for a new plan.

My husband, not a user here, but we will give him the name "Mr. Skeeterbait".

He had his by Dr. Weiss in Hazard, KY on 2/20. He's less than a week out and doing really well with it.