Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

Hi Too Much Me,

I was just reading the posts and noticed that we have the same surgery day. Are you freaking out yet? I'm so nervous and excited! I've focused on nothing but insurance approval for 7 months and now the surgery is here. I can't beleive it. My approval only took a week, then my doctor sched my surgery only a week out. I feel like everything snuck up on me. Ahhh!

I live in Florida and can't wait to wear a bathing suit that doesn't require a skirt. Yay! Best of luck to you.

Hey Everyone,

I just got approved yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for February 24th! Any advice on how to make it through the two week liquid diet before surgery?

Sharon

okay so I am now officially banded Woo Hoo!!!! It happened yesterday and really wasn't all that bad. They brought me in at 7:30 and started an IV, I met the anesthesiologist who was really nice. Then Dr Cobean came in to say hi which is when I started freaking out because it all became so real. So the nurse came in and gave me the most amazing "cocktail" in my IV and honestly after that I couldn't care what happened. Soon as I knew I was waking up and it was over. They made me drink some Water and get up a little bit before it was time to go home. I did feel really nauseated when I woke up even swalllowing saliva felt strange but that passed. If my port pain wasn't here I would feel pretty good but that actually hurts alot, hopefully it wont last too long. I'm having a sugar free italian ice right now. I don't feel like I can handle Protein Shakes right now. How has everyone else been about drinking the day after?

okay so I am now officially banded Woo Hoo!!!! It happened yesterday and really wasn't all that bad. They brought me in at 7:30 and started an IV, I met the anesthesiologist who was really nice. Then Dr Cobean came in to say hi which is when I started freaking out because it all became so real. So the nurse came in and gave me the most amazing "cocktail" in my IV and honestly after that I couldn't care what happened. Soon as I knew I was waking up and it was over. They made me drink some Water and get up a little bit before it was time to go home. I did feel really nauseated when I woke up even swalllowing saliva felt strange but that passed. If my port pain wasn't here I would feel pretty good but that actually hurts alot, hopefully it wont last too long. I'm having a sugar free italian ice right now. I don't feel like I can handle Protein Shakes right now. How has everyone else been about drinking the day after?

Congratulations!!!!!

you are probably going to be sore around the port area today, but just give it a few days and it will calm down.

The first day home I basically drank just water and broth. I mixed some of the Unjury powder into both to get Protein levels up. Second day the same, actually felt hungry at times, but drinking some water or tea took care of that.

Yesterday I ate some sugar free Jello (with Protein Powder added, of course!) and drank a couple protein shakes. I prefer to mix my own, and discovered that the carnation SF chocolate mixed with a scoop of vanilla protein powder is pretty good! So far I am able to get all my fluids in during the day. Today I'm going to try some cream Soups and cottage cheese too see how that goes.

Good luck with your recovery, and with getting those fluids down! It will get better as you heal, and as the swelling goes down.

Looking forward to your next update! :cursing:

thanks for the advice , i did ask the nurse. she stated that it is "normal " and that the present pain will pass in time. i started taking adult strength tylenol liquid and that works well for me, i can function too without that drugged feeling, thanks, karen

Hi Too Much Me,

I was just reading the posts and noticed that we have the same surgery day. Are you freaking out yet? I'm so nervous and excited! I've focused on nothing but insurance approval for 7 months and now the surgery is here. I can't beleive it. My approval only took a week, then my doctor sched my surgery only a week out. I feel like everything snuck up on me. Ahhh!

I live in Florida and can't wait to wear a bathing suit that doesn't require a skirt. Yay! Best of luck to you.

Hi Wuan2000, I am not really freaking out - yet - but I am trying to clean out the cabinets and refrigerator, and that's a little hard.

It was a lot of work to jump through all the hoops just so insurance would cover. They are approving me through a program that has their own set of hoops. All kinds of tests that they don't do in their offices, so I've been running around town getting labs and ultrasounds and stuff. That's been a little stressful.

How are you doing on the pre-op diet? The program provided me with their own Liquid Protein shake mix, and it is not very good (soy based), but that is the only negative. I can stand it for a few more days till the surgery.

Now I just need to get myself organized at home so I am ready. There is a really good "shopping list" on the boards here that I am going to use for ideas.

Best of luck. We'll talk more!

Hi Wuan2000, I am not really freaking out - yet - but I am trying to clean out the cabinets and refrigerator, and that's a little hard.

It was a lot of work to jump through all the hoops just so insurance would cover. They are approving me through a program that has their own set of hoops. All kinds of tests that they don't do in their offices, so I've been running around town getting labs and ultrasounds and stuff. That's been a little stressful.

How are you doing on the pre-op diet? The program provided me with their own liquid Protein Shake mix, and it is not very good (soy based), but that is the only negative. I can stand it for a few more days till the surgery.

Now I just need to get myself organized at home so I am ready. There is a really good "shopping list" on the boards here that I am going to use for ideas.

Best of luck. We'll talk more!

Hi too much me,

Thanks for the heads up on the shopping list. I actually went out this evening and picked up a few things. Some bottled Water, light & fit yogurt smoothies, Protein, more yogurt, and chewable adult Multivitamins. I got my BMI down enough that my doctor isn't requiring me to do the pre-op shakes, but my husband (whose getting banded the 26th) has to do 2 weeks starting wednesday. I think it will be hard for him, so any advice would be appreciated. I'm doing my pre-op testing on Tuesday. I'm starting to get butterflies. I don't know why, I've had 2 c-sections no problem! I'll be getting my house in order too. For some reason the house has to be perfect before I have any surgery. Before, I thought it was the "nesting" instinct. But since I'm not having a baby I don't know what it is. LOL. Take care, and keep in touch!

I'll be getting my house in order too. For some reason the house has to be perfect before I have any surgery. Before, I thought it was the "nesting" instinct. But since I'm not having a baby I don't know what it is. LOL. Take care, and keep in touch!

Thats funny. Ive been doing the exact same thing and actually told my husband yesterday that I felt like I was getting ready to have a baby. lol. . " nesting syndrome" , exactlyyy.. I wonder why that is? lol

Ive been cleaning out my pantry, cabinets, closets, everything.. its so strange. I did this before I had both my kids. Its bringing back memories. Glad I'm not alone in this . cheers. and good luck :thumbup:

Thats funny. Ive been doing the exact same thing and actually told my husband yesterday that I felt like I was getting ready to have a baby. lol. . " nesting syndrome" , exactlyyy.. I wonder why that is? lol

Ive been cleaning out my pantry, cabinets, closets, everything.. its so strange. I did this before I had both my kids. Its bringing back memories. Glad I'm not alone in this . cheers. and good luck :)

Cheers to not bringing any more babies home. My husband will be relieved! LOL!!!

It's a shame we have to diet for 6 months, then go into surgery. I would love to have a few solid weeks to enjoy pancakes, glazed doughnuts, fresh rolls with cinnamon butter, cheesy pizza....ect...ect....(no wonder I'm in this mess)! OK, so I'm starving right now. Can you tell? Good luck to you, too!

Hey, had band 2 9 9 in new orleans food capital of the world, would do it all over again. 7 day prep was hard but I did it and it helped alot Doc said my liver looked great. Not much pain except when swallowing but getting better. no panic attack on the way to O R Just nice people, did swallow test 2 10 9 all ok came home 12pm :thumbup:

I guess I'm a February bandster... I didn't know until Monday. I got my insurance clearance on Monday, Feb 9, and am already scheduled for surgery for Feb 13 (Friday the 13th). Is that too soon? I'm stoked and anxious all at once.

Hi all...I had my band placed on Feb 6th and feel really great. No problems, minimal pain, minimal gas. So far so good. I moved to full Fluid diet today and have never been so glad to eat Tomato Soup in my life!! Pre op, my weight was down 21 lbs. VERY curious to see what it is now. weight.png"] weight.png[/url]

Congratulations to you MrRiceGuy! My date has been "nudged" a time or two. Just got my official insurance approval on the 9th too. So now it's up to my surgeon's office to squeeze me in; they have some pre-op classes they want me to take, etc. So the coordinator tells me it will be between Feb 23rd and March 6th.

BUT! The moment I knew it was official I got really excited. This is going to be so great! we're all going to get this mighty tool to help us achieve our goal!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!