Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories Thread

My relationship band has had to move to 3 different fingers and has fallen off once so far when I was asleep.

All my clothes are falling off of me =)

I've gotten rid of 2 large bags of LARGE clothes to a friend's mom.

I've found nearly new clothing at the thrift store ... that actually fits and looks like normal clothes for very little cost

I am exercising several times a week and I enjoy it and it doesn't hurt

My shoes have gotten loose on my feet (as apposed to on my hands =)

My dining out bill is less than half of what it was

My grocery bill is less than half of what it was

Annjones, Congrats!! those are really great accomplishments!! Way to GO!!

I have gone shopping in one of our spare closets and found 5 business suits that now fit...and are loose!

I will need an entirely new wardrobe in 25 lbs...that's not far away

I was on the maximum dosage of oral medication for diabetes before moving to insulin. I have not taken 1 diabetes pill since the day after surgery and after meeting with my endocrinologist Monday, I am OFFICIALLY off of ALL diabetes meds!

At the doctor, they also measured my waist and compared it to when I first became a patient there (1 year ago). I had surgery 4/16 and have lost 8 inches in my waist

My DH and I went on a short trip last weekend. I did not have to hide my seatbelt under my leg. It fit!!

I have enjoyed exercising HARD for the first time in my life.

**It's amazing how this is just flying by...how miserable I was just 4 weeks ago...and how different my life is today. I actually look forward to getting up and putting on one of my nice business suits!

:thumbup:Stephanie, Congrats! there will be many more NSVs to come !!

I am not sure how much this is a weight loss NSV but still an NSV for me. Yesterday I finally got up enough courage to enroll back in college to get my bachelors degree. I have talked about doing it for years much the same as losing weight. Finally I have taken the plug and am moving forward and it's no longer just talk. So starting as soon as a few weeks from now I will be taking classes to further myself educationally and professionally.

Now for a weight loss NSV that I have recently experienced is that I do want to get out and power walk in the mornings. I like working up a sweat and burning off those calories. I can't jog yet but I will get there. I am still just to over weight and to much of my body moves when I try to jog but I will get there. For now I am happy that it feels great to get out for the power walk and that I actually do enjoy working up that sweat.

Congrat to Stephanie and Ann on your recent NSV's! I think these are the ones that really count deep inside us. They show to us that we are losing weight not just by the number but by how these make us feel. Good going girls and keep up the great work! Our goals ARE obtainable!!!

Congratulations Florida Pete on your decision to go back to school. You'll love it. I completed my bachelors degree a couple years ago and am looking at going back for a Masters.

On the NSV side, I recently wore a skirt to work. I'd purchase the skirt to wear at Easter and thought I'd better get another wearing or two of the skirt before it got too big. I haven't worn a skirt in sooooo many years. Anyway, I received a number of compliments from both men and women. This was a great motivator for me.

Best wishes to everyone on our journeys to healthier selves.

HI All, Another NSV or two- down 2 more sizes in clothing. Slacks i bought 2 weeks ago (fit well), are too loose now. ( Am running out of clothes that fit!:wink:) Not quite out of plus size clothes. Also did 2 + hours in the garden - before I could barely do 30 minutes w/o having trouble breathing.

Pete, How is the college work going? Don't worry, there a lot of older students these days. I did it and my stomach turned over in the 2nd class:crying:- didn't know what the professor was talking about- turned out no else did either. You can do it !! look how much you have accomplished so far!! :smile:

Congrats Irish Gal- enjoy the skirt while you can !! and think of the compliments every time you see it!!:wink:

Wow, I've just reread this thread and especially my post, how far we have all come. In one of my earlier post I was excited that I had walked 1.5 miles when earlier I couldn't walk from the parking lot to school building I worked in..... Well I have walked 5 miles at one time for a while this summer but now that school has started I walk 2.5 miles to 3.0 miles every morning staying within my target heart rate which means as I get stronger I have to get faster. I would never have dreamed I could do this.

My newest NSV is this: Just went to my new General Practicioner of 3 months...When she came in the nurse was still taking my blood pressure she said it out loud and the doctor started recording it...she flipped back a page, jumped up hands over head and shouted, "Give me a high five!" I had to get up and give her a High Five! She smiled and told me I went from high blood pressure of 148/90 to a good blood pressure of 124/76 and my weight loss was over 100 lbs....She then asked how I was feeling about that? She really wanted to know ...I thought for a minute and answered, It has given me my life back! I've learned that I have gained much more living than what I have given up!

So I am going to continue gaining life back with every lb. lost.

This is where losers....Gain!

Highest weight 386

1st doctors visit 376

Surgery Day 343

Today's 279.5 lbs.

Deb

I LOVE READING EVERYONE'S NSVs!!! They are so very inspiring! :thumbup: I had several NSVs this past Friday. I was able to wear an XL women's t-shirt comfortably. I used to wear an XXXL t-shirt. My favorite pair of Old Navy jeans (size 26) are now falling off of me. And last, but not least, I was walking out of my classroom when a colleague was coming around the corner w/ her class. She stopped dead in her tracks and said to me, "WOW! YOU LOOK HOT!" It has been sooooo long since anyone (excluding my hubby) has told me how good I look. I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING MY BAND AND MY NEW LIFESTYLE!! :thumbup:

PS~ My 3 month bandiversary is this Tuesday, Sept. 8.

DebbieGail and SweetBean, congrats!! :thumbup:i agree is does help to reread these. You are both doing great. And deseve your friends praise! i hear more from, those who don't see me all the time but it is so nice. Am in a size 20 pants (from size 36/5X) and size 22-24 top ( from a size 5x/ 44). My weight loss is slow and in spurts, but the sizes and NSVs keep coming. Strolled 3.5 miles at the fair one day (could not go 1/2 block a year ago).:blush:

Wow, reading everyone's NSV really makes me think how many small victories I have taken for granted over the last 10 months!

I did have 2 profound NSV experiences last week: I help with Market day at my daughters school, I have every month for two years. This month one of the Moms (who has seen and talked with me every month for two years) introduced her self to me, told me it was nice to meet me and thanked me for helping out. I thought it was a little weird. A few days later I was at work and I recognized a women and her husband from somewhere. I asked them if they took my childbirth class 2 years ago, and they said no, they took the class but their instructor..... (long silence).... had long hair! I laughed and told them yes my hair is much shorter hair now. It was at that point that the light bulb went off and I was like OH MY GOODNESS! I had no idea I look that different!:thumbup:

SmartieGirl, Isn't it wonderful!! Family and friends see us all the time but we tend l forget how different ( and BETTER!) we look Conrats!!

2 NSV's this month. I went and bought specifically Levy jeans so I could have the 34W tag visible on them:blushing:. Sunday I finished my first 1/2 marathon 5 minutes faster than I thought I might. I'm still feeling good about that one.

BillOh, Congrats!! The Running helps in so many ways. I keep saying I want to do that- You inspire me to start at this more seriously!

My NSV this month is finally fitting into a size 18 pants ( With elastic waist band) Sizes starting with 1 , is a milestone to me.