Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! i only had a liquid diet one day before surgery! the day of surgery of coarse nothing.I could resist to eat after 2 weeks.i ameating soft foods but i bet my doc will be mad! he said do not eat any thing till you see me! that would have been almost a month after! i did what i felt i could do.I am bemmed at the weight loss 12 # big deal Lisa

Hello December Lapsters, I had surgery on Dec 16 th .I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and then advanced myself to a soft diet.i couldnt take it any more! I have been doing well on it,but i do not know what what my docter will think! I have never thrown up,or even gotten a little sick .I feel stronger every day.I have only lost 12 pounds in this whole time though! i think it should have been alot more! I hope when i go to the doc he will give me a fill.I need to advance to the next stage! have any of you cheated ( i guess) like me? :wub:

Ok, I read on another thread that if you eat foods before you have healed completely, you can rip stiches from where the put the stomach up over your band to keep it in place. The more solid the food, the more likely the rip. When your stomach had more to digest, it moves around, thus causing the ripping. I would definately talk to your doc and have him check to make sure all is still ok...

I was banded on Dec 22. I was on a liquid diet two weeks before, Clear Liquids 1 week after, full liquids (including creamed Soups, cottage cheese, yogurt, and oatmeal/cream of wheat) the second week after, and today I go to the clinic where I hope they put me on soft foods. Sort of like Jenn1984. I am down 23 lbs (13 pre-surgery, 10 post surgery). I am only losing weight because I am forcing myself to consume less than 800 cals a day.

I was banded on 12/16. The first week was rough, but now I am not hungry anymore. I made it through, you can too. It gets better. I am going for my first fill on friday.

I'm jealous - I was also banded on the 16th but my surgeon thinks that as long as I'm still losing weight we should put off my first fill until I hit a plateau. My next appt. is Feb. 06th so I should find out what he has in mind then.

I was also banded on 12/16 & I have lost 17lbs., Ive noticed alot of people have lost more. Am I doing somehthing wrong? I have not gone off of my diet at all. HELP!

I also had my surgery on 12/16. I have lost 16 lbs. I started regular foods today, finally. The weight will come off, from what I heard this is a healing process, it will just take some time. We are all doing great. Congratulations everyone.

I was also banded on 12/16 & I have lost 17lbs., Ive noticed alot of people have lost more. Am I doing somehthing wrong? I have not gone off of my diet at all. HELP!

You've lost 17 lbs since surgery? That's fantastic!

My doctor told me that I shouldn't worry about losing during this stage. Many people don't. Your body needs to heal and weight loss is secondary. He said the real weight loss will come when you start getting fills and eat solid food. I wouldn't worry a bit about it. And if you've lost 17 pounds since surgery you are doing incredible!!!

Ok, I read on another thread that if you eat foods before you have healed completely, you can rip stiches from where the put the stomach up over your band to keep it in place. The more solid the food, the more likely the rip. When your stomach had more to digest, it moves around, thus causing the ripping. I would definately talk to your doc and have him check to make sure all is still ok...

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have stitches and definitely don't have what you have described.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have stitches and definitely don't have what you have described.

Are you sure? I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't have internal sutures. When the band is placed it is commonplace for the surgeon to fold some of the stomach lining up and over the band to hold it in place.

Are you sure? I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't have internal sutures. When the band is placed it is commonplace for the surgeon to fold some of the stomach lining up and over the band to hold it in place.

I had no IDEA I had internal stitches... Hmph. Weird... glad I know now. LOL :thumbup:

That surprizes me that your doc or nurse didn't explain that your stomach is pulled over the pouch to keep it in place. I was told multiple times by multiple people. How else did you think it would stay in place? Maybe yours is different. You should ask your doc.

That surprizes me that your doc or nurse didn't explain that your stomach is pulled over the pouch to keep it in place. I was told multiple times by multiple people. How else did you think it would stay in place? Maybe yours is different. You should ask your doc.

Isn't it amazing the variance in the pre-op education some doctors require? I've met people who did a two hour class and that was it. My surgeon required 10 two hour classes prior to surgery. And then I was quizzed by a nurse at the hospital before I was released! The pre-op ed was a bit of a pain, but I am so glad that I did it now.

Thanks to my psych eval, I had to go to 12 sessions with a counselor before they would even send my paperwork into the insurance co. I started the process in April, and didn't finish until October. It really sucked.

I had my dietician appt today, and got yelled at for eating refried Beans and eggs before I was "ready." I did get to add some Soups and crackers to my menu, then on the 16th I get to add some real soft foods. eggs, braunshweiger, veggies, yum!

Jesus. So I didn't know or didn't remember. My son has been sick for the past 9 months.... I have more than enough on my plate than to remember everything about my band.

Hi Bandsters! I was banded 12/17 and have lost 13 pounds total. I'm pretty slow compared to some of you. But I'm 13 pounds lighter than I was before!! 17 pounds is GREAT! Don't be hard on yourself, we're all in this together.

I had no pre op diet, thankfully! After surgery I was on 2 weeks liquids. My Dr. said "anything you can pour", so it wasn't that bad at first. I said at first, haha. I started out the first few days with NO hunger, I didn't want to touch anything. I was able to drink broths by maybe day 3. My pain was all gone by the 5th day MINUS the damn shoulder pain. :thumbup: A few days before week 2 I wanted something else so bad!! I mostly had chicken broth, which gets so boring. Then I started to throw Soups like black bean, or split pea in the blender until they were complete liquids & then strain them. So much better!!

I am now on mushies & I am a happy camper. I am still not eating nearly as much as I should be. The only things I have been eating are Protein shakes, only ONE a day, maybe 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese mixed with a bit of (marinara) sauce, or about 1/4 cup mased potatos. My calorie intake is LOW, but I feel good. I'm not hungry. I noticed my stomach growls before I go to bed & I feel a little hungry, but in the morning, I'm not hungry at all.

I have my post-op appt tomorrow, not sure if I'm getting a fill. I don't think so.

My flinestone Vitamins are disgusting! Did I really enjoy those as a kid? YUCK!

Good luck to everyone!!:thumbup:

Edited by britlover