Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheshire Medical Center Banders out there?

I am in the process of going through the initial steps. I've been to a meeting, had the first consultation and have an appt. with the dietitian. I have to lose a few pounds first. Waiting to hear if my insurance covers this. If the stars are aligned it looks like late spring, early summer. My step sister is also going through the process and a good friend had it done late last year. There seem to be a lot of people getting this done at Cheshire Medical, we should all band together. (pun intended!):)

I have my consult on March18. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. At Cheshire Medical center. What did you do at the consultation?

Bstone

My appt was with Pam. I got measured, weighed and had a quick exam. We went over the papers I had sent in, she asked some questions about my history. It was painless! I have been seeing the dietitian since January. I have to lose 35 pounds, and have 10 left to go. Once that is done, on to the next step. Meeting with the psychologist!

Bstone here, Good luck on your surgery. Let me know how everything went i would like to know. I'm still waiting on insurance stuff. Hope to get banded soon. Again I hope things go well and thanks for the message.

Bstone

Bstone here,

I hope to get banded soon. Waiting to hear anything at this point. Insurance seems to be the hardest.

Good luck

nlausier -

I hope the surgery went well. I just finished my visits with the dietician.

To all -I lost 33 of the 35 pounds, so she is putting me through to the next step. The psychological screening. Once that is done. I meet with the surgeon. It sounds like they are doing more surgeries now, they have a lot more in the program. I found out my insurance covers it, $250 deductable, so I am thrilled with that. At first I thought I would have to be footing it.

nlausier -

I hope the surgery went well. I just finished my visits with the dietician.

To all -I lost 33 of the 35 pounds, so she is putting me through to the next step. The psychological screening. Once that is done. I meet with the surgeon. It sounds like they are doing more surgeries now, they have a lot more in the program. I found out my insurance covers it, $250 deductable, so I am thrilled with that. At first I thought I would have to be footing it.

Bstone here :it sounds like you are on your way to the next step. Congrats. I am still waiting to hear something. I had consult on March 18th. They said i would here from them when everything is all set. What ever that means. Good luck on your journey whip22:rolleyes2:

Hi, I am going to be banded on Aug. 20. Dr. Ormont is doing the surgery. I have my final meeting with the dietitian and pre op labs tomorrow. Meet with the surgeon one more time the Friday before my surgery and then it's done!!

I work at the hospital and know a number of co-workers who have had it done.

We are talking amongst ourselves about "hand me ups" -- and forming an impromptu support group outside of the one the hospital offers. But, I find hallway conversations, calls and emails just as helpful. We'll see what I think afterwards.

Good luck JaffreyChick. I have a good friend that had the surgery, as well as my step sister. I find talking to them helps a lot. We've been through it together. I had Dr. Dupuis. Can't say enough good things about him. Keep us posted on how you do!

Hello, Surgery on 8/20 went extremely well. Came home on Friday and have not had any issues at all (well, maybe trying to get enough Protein in).

I had my follow up today with Dr. Ormont. All seems to be going well, weight loss is good, had some meds converted to liquid, and will probably get my first fill in 3 weeks.

I have not been hungry -- even went out to dinner with friends last night and was not tempted or hungry (did have, as my husband says, my $8 3oz of broth.:frown:

I know I am in the honeymoon stage, the real work is ahead.

Please share how you are doing.

I had my surgery on 6/30 by Dr. Dupius. I had 3 fills in the past 2 months and am down 26 lbs.

Yes I am feeling OK. Been throwing up or p'bing or whatever quite a bit but just got my 3rd fill a week ago and I am not quite used to it yet. Do you guys go to the support group meetings? There is on this coming Tuesday at 5:15. I will hopefully be there!

I haven't gone to any, I travel for my job and the times don't work for me. One of my good friends as well as my step sister also have had the surgery so we exchange notes and check up on each other quite a bit. Our own little support group!

I've had two fills, it was interesting when I got the second one, definitely have to pay attention to what I am eating. SLOWLY is the new way for me.