Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Centers USA ... problems and questions

oh I see now!!! wow thank you so much for enlightening me! I had no idea that the amount of time one has a lap band matches the amount of time an individual should have on basic intelligence and opinions!

So because I only had my lap band few months I should not have opinions about the price of fills! Thank you so much for your help on that, gee, I had no idea!

Personally I would much rather learn from the beautiful, intelligent and obviously very educated lady who brought up all the good and intelligent points she brought up about the price of fills and the robbery that is taking place with them.

She obviously is a very educated lady who probably works very hard for her money and she is just tired of being robbed! She is also very beautiful if you observe her picture, and that usually strikes a cord in other woman - beauty and intelligence in one whole package - whooo - look out cause that is a recipe for attack by other females, that is what i think is really going on here.

Their is nothing at all wrong with her voicing her opinion about the price of fills. I dont understand why anyone would have a problem with that. Its so easy to be complacent and just swim with the tide! Well she obviousy does not and she has been attacked for it. Don't you realise that it is because of people like her who speak out about things that are wrong is why anything in life ever changes for the better?

Ok look ,I dont know what the issue is with this thread all of a sudden but lets get a few things straight right NOW ...

First off. I am a BUSINESS OWNER and a stay at home mom, So who works harder and who does not has NOTHING to do with this at all ! There is NO Reason what so ever to personally attack anyone for voicing their opinions. If you agree with Rio over me that is fine agree with her, I personally do not care. I dont care how much time you have with your band or not . The fact that you have 6 posts or not. I know speaking from personal experience I listen to what people have to say who have more "band time" than i do and take their opinions into consideration.

This thread was back on track and YOU My friend came on here and attacked others . So My final word is , if you have a personal attack on anyone take it off the Forum , there is no reason at all for ANYONE to be attacking anyone's morals, chractars , way of life , or anything else over an OPINON !

Mindy

oh I see now!!! wow thank you so much for enlightening me! I had no idea that the amount of time one has a lap band matches the amount of time an individual should have on basic intelligence and opinions!

So because I only had my lap band few months I should not have opinions about the price of fills! Thank you so much for your help on that, gee, I had no idea!

Personally I would much rather learn from the beautiful, intelligent and obviously very educated lady who brought up all the good and intelligent points she brought up about the price of fills and the robbery that is taking place with them.

She obviously is a very educated lady who probably works very hard for her money and she is just tired of being robbed! She is also very beautiful if you observe her picture, and that usually strikes a cord in other woman - beauty and intelligence in one whole package - whooo - look out cause that is a recipe for attack by other females, that is what i think is really going on here.

Their is nothing at all wrong with her voicing her opinion about the price of fills. I dont understand why anyone would have a problem with that. Its so easy to be complacent and just swim with the tide! Well she obviousy does not and she has been attacked for it. Don't you realise that it is because of people like her who speak out about things that are wrong is why anything in life ever changes for the better?

Congratulations on being banded and welcome to the forum. Since you are a new member, it might be a good idea to read the rules of the forum. Attacking ideas is fine but personal attacks on people is not. The topic of this thread is the costs of fills and peoples' opinions on THAT issue. If you have a problem with an individual, use the option of sending a PM.

Honestly, I do not understand why you are attacking, calling people names, assuming they do not know what they are talking about, assuming they don't have to work for a living, assuming females are jealous of another... all because a few disagree with you. Nobody is claiming anyone can't voice an opinion except for you. You are the one attacking and insulting one person while almost being infatuated with a different poster.

Disagreeing with the stance of another is not attacking. However, what you have done is attacking.

Nobody suggested that you shouldn't have an opinion on the cost of fills. I really don't know where you are getting all these assumptions. Instead of reading between the lines why not just take the words at face value because you are pulling stuff out of the air at this point.

What I did suggest is that instead of coming here and blasting everyone that doesn't agree with you and insulting them in every way you can find, why not learn from the vets and relax a bit. You have a long journey ahead of you. Making enemies right off the bat really isn't in your best interest.

Before you suggest that you are the only person fighting the cost of fills, perhaps you should read a bit and learn. I am one of the few that has gone up against a doctor on a public message board more than once regarding their policies, fees, etc. I have challenged them on this board ($1,000 for a blind fill, no fluoro) and on another board that makes bogus claims about not being able to fill someone he did not band due to medical malpractice (another complete load).

Quite frankly, slamming Mindy because you don't like the policy of a given doctor or business is lame.

Well. I don't know whats wrong with some of you. Ya'll are getting nasty for no reason. Point be: If you did your research you knew the price of fills before surgery, and you opted to have it anyway so why complain now? I think you should have considered weather or not you could handle the cost before surgery. And whats up with the personal attacks? Do you think this helps you prove a point? I think not.

I lined up my doc ahead of time for fills, so I knew before I had the surgery what my cost for fills was going to be. He charges me $200- $150 is for the fill and $50 is billed as an office consult fee because he actually weighs me, uses the nifty scale that calculates my body fat, talks to me about my issues and is my aftercare DOC. When I have issues, he's there. He orders my upper GIs and diagnoses based on them, etc. Is $200 a lot? Well, it is not cheap, but I knew going in that was what I was going to have to choke up. And the guy I go to, it is totally worth it.

He follows Allergan's guidelines for his fill recommendation. BUT, I am the paying customer. So, if I want more or less, he does as I choose. If I am overfilled and notice within a day or two, he takes out at no charge. BUT, if I am not filled enough and want more, I pay. It is completely fair to me. He didn't do my surgery. He's taken over my care as my DOCTOR, so I have no right to complain. To jeapordize the time of a doctor/nurse/whatever by getting filled for 'free' is simply NOT fair. Nor is it fair to get overfilled just to get to the right point and expect them to take some out for free... My doc said A LOT of the people that he does fills on walk around with this sense of entitlement. He took over my care, he didn't do the surgery, and his time IS money. Sometimes, we need to be prepared to pay. You get the surgery, you better be prepared for the costs upfront.

I had surgery in the States and got free fills for a year. I now pay the co-pay which is $35. I do think a lot of MDs get a ridiculous amount of money for fills but the good news is that you eventually get to the place where you should be.

After a fill, I get an instruction sheet that states the full effect of the fill might not be noticed for 2 weeks and to eats liquids for a day, soft for the next day or two, and then back to a regular diet.

I had surgery in the States and got free fills for a year. I now pay the co-pay which is $35. I do think a lot of MDs get a ridiculous amount of money for fills but the good news is that you eventually get to the place where you should be.

After a fill, I get an instruction sheet that states the full effect of the fill might not be noticed for 2 weeks and to eats liquids for a day, soft for the next day or two, and then back to a regular diet.

I too got free fills for a yr , I also have been told by more than one doc that doctors make their money in the surgery not the fills. I do pay $125 for my fills now , but i dont have insurance i was self pay . . I still get that sheet too that has instructions on it . Mine says my diet ( 3 days Clear Liquids , 3 days liquids, 3 days mushies , 3 days pureed ) even after almost 2 yrs i still get that paper .

Mindy

I too got free fills for a yr , I also have been told by more than one doc that doctors make their money in the surgery not the fills. I do pay $125 for my fills now , but i dont have insurance i was self pay . . I still get that sheet too that has instructions on it . Mine says my diet ( 3 days Clear Liquids , 3 days liquids, 3 days mushies , 3 days pureed ) even after almost 2 yrs i still get that paper .

Mindy

Are you instructed 9-12 days of special diet after each fill??

Are you instructed 9-12 days of special diet after each fill??

Yes those are my docs intstructions.

He believes fills are a some what invasive procedure ( which he's right) and due to that your stomach needs time to heal, for the swelling to go down ( which he's right ) there fore the post fill diet is to allow for all the swelling to go down .

Mindy

Yes those are my docs intstructions.

He believes fills are a some what invasive procedure ( which he's right) and due to that your stomach needs time to heal, for the swelling to go down ( which he's right ) there fore the post fill diet is to allow for all the swelling to go down .

Mindy

If your Dr is also very conservative with fills so people get small ones frequently, I'm willing to bet they have great weight loss success with all the 12 day post fill diets!!

If your Dr is also very conservative with fills so people get small ones frequently, I'm willing to bet they have great weight loss success with all the 12 day post fill diets!!

My doc is not "Conservative" however he follows the guidelines set forth by the manufacture of the band . I am also very sensitive to fills so i have had more unfills than fills so I get even SMALLER fills than recommended.

I lost 105 lbs in 10 months . I am currently down 115 pds and Im not yet 2 yrs out . So i think i have done quite well for myself , Im 10 or 15 pds from goal . :biggrin:

Mindy

wow what a cat fight this has turned out to be,and to think I thought it a good idea just to close it, if that had of happened the newbies would have never seem the ugly side of so many ppl and thought hmm they were right on that other forum when they said on LBT they fight to much.Awww don't you just feel the love...

Bamagal, if you check the dates, there hasn't been any arguing on here in several days. So please, don't try and start it up again.

Thank you.

wow what a cat fight this has turned out to be,and to think I thought it a good idea just to close it, if that had of happened the newbies would have never seem the ugly side of so many ppl and thought hmm they were right on that other forum when they said on LBT they fight to much.Awww don't you just feel the love...

If the "other" site is so good, why are you here stirring the pot?

And yet it didn't stop you from reading, participating, and dragging it on even longer.

Well, there is band buds where all discussions are rainbows and puppy dogs and nothing else is permitted.

MexicanBandsters where doctors pose as their own patients and talk about how wonderful their doc is.

Ohhh, can't forget OH where they fight, bicker, whine, complain, and carry on non stop, the software sucks, the pages load slowly, the glitches are never ending, and you can't find threads because the search engine is so horrible.

Right, I see why you are whining about this board. God forbid people actually post their opinions. The horror of it all!