Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2009 Exercise Challenge

Hello, i'm kind of new to the website and I love how it provides a lot of helpful information and you are able to talk to lots of people who have been in the same situation. I was banded in October and have since only lost about 22 lbs. I was kind of frustrated and because of my plantar faciitis I am hurting in my foot a lot and can't do that much exercising.. But I am having surgery on my foot on Wednesday and after that I am looking forward to getting out there and shedding more pounds!! Keep up the good work to all!!

Ran/walked 3.1 miles. Took me 51 freaking minutes though.

Later yesterday: 1 mile run in 9:30followed up with 25 minutes on elliptical. Then, upper body workout after work.

Today: a.m.-2 mile run in 19 minutes and 5 minute cooldown. Then, 45 minutes on elliptical. Tonight will be leg workout.

Added to yesterday - 35 min walk home from work

today - lower body workout then 25 minutes swimming

I foresee shovelling tonight......

Luluc - training could be considered upper body workout:sleep: (at least it always was with my dogs...)

Georgia - hope your ankle is feeling better

Renee - welcome1 We look forward to you posting in the future after surgery.

I foresee shovelling tonight......

tap-same here. Had 6" of snow last night. Supposed to get 2-4" again tonight. Hopefully, it will not start until after 3 pm so traffic isn't as bad as it was yesterday goin home:cursing:.

Luluc - training could be considered upper body workout:sleep: (at least it always was with my dogs....

she's a piece of work & a true cattle dog. i knew she would do great with agility training. i always wanted a dog that when i threw a ball they actually brought it back to you. would love to enter her into competitions.....your right; it's a good workout for me too.

today -

50min trainer session - all resistance ; all body parts..LOL

30min walk treadmill

Sunday: 90 minutes on stationary bike

Monday AM: 30 minutes on stationary bike

Monday PM: Bootcamp

Tuesday AM: 30 minutes on stationary bike

Tuesday PM: Zumba

Today: 30 min treadmill, 20 min lower body strength, 10 min elliptical (should have done 15 - oh well - Thursday).

Today:

I can do anything with my new Ipod!!! Today started jogging and combined power walk. 2.35 miles 4% incline with free weights for 50 minutes. :)

Tomorrow is my fill, please let it be a good one.

45 min. on stationary bike. Road 9.13 miles.

Added to yesterday - 35 min walk home on unplowed sidewalks, through snow banks and slipping/sliding on ice patches...that's gotta count for something!!!

At the Y this morning, 30 min shoulders and back (the new 8 pound weights were brutal); 30 min cycling

Did not get into gym last night for leg workout due to problem at home with garage door not closing. Of course, by the time I made it home, it was fixed. By then, I did not have the mindset.

This morning, 35 minutes on elliptical. Followed up with 11 minute/1.25 mile run and then 5 minute cooldown. I'll get up again today for another 35 minutes of cardio.

Today: Had a fill today and just got home. Going to rest and back at it tomorrow.:thumbup: