Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ 2009 Chat - Jan, Feb and March

Hey ladies, I have not been getting any e mail notifications either. I'm not sure what's up. Somedays I'll get a few and other times I get nothing for a couple of weeks.

Sherry I'm sorry about your husband's layoff. My DH is worried too since they keep threatening cutbacks and layoffs at his job as well. They were going to try and cutback though attrition, but very few people are retiring right now since the economy is so awful.

Kat, how is the new grandbaby?

Pat, I hope you had a great time in sunny Florida. Looks like we may be getting some snow overnight. I sure hope so. I would love a snow day!

Diane, I started my class on the 8th. I was off work today for the King holiday and got most of my first paper done for this semester which is due Thursday. If I get a snow day tomorrow I'll finish it up.. if not that's how I'll be spending the next two evenings after work :scared2:

I need to go on the exercise site.. I've been doing well with my walking, even in this cold weather. The Ipod keeps me from tearing my hair out in boredom.

Well, take care ladies, and stay warm.

Donna

Hmmm guess I'm not the only one who hasn't been around lol I thought I wasn't getting updates but, it's just that there haven't been any in here lol. I've been going through a really rough time....that's why I've been away. I guess I'm just in quite a FUNK and can't get myself out :thumbdown:

I'm sure I'll get there....just need some time. I've even fallen off my exercise kick. Dang nabbit...I guess falling on the ice - bruising my hip, knee and sending my neck out of wack again didn't help with that. Hopefully I can get back to it soon. I NEED SOME SUN and fresh air on my motorcycle...that's it :lol: Love yas

I agree, send the sun on. I need to ride my harley!

I keep checking but no one has been posting!

I was sick for a while, but much better now.

Sherry, I hope you are doing better! It sure messes ya up when you fall! I hate falling!

I am cooking supper, I cleaned house, went shopping, did laundry, and had company so I am ready to call it a day.

That is after I eat supper and clean up the kitchen! Does it ever end?

I don't know where the weekends go!

Well better check the dinner, I sure don't want to have to start over with it all.

We actually got a ride in not this last weekend but the one before....it was cold! We leathered up and went anyway. My stress levels were sky high, and nothing seems to help as much!

Things here are going......not much change, the scale is still going up, up, up. The hives keep breaking out all over. Have had a couple of trips to the Dr. where even with the low dose daily steroids, they have been in my throat. He guarantees me the weight gain is issue with the steroids. But I know I am eating the food, I just cannot seem to stop myself. I have no control---and the more I worry about it the worse the hives get, and the longer I have the hives, the longer I keep on the steroids.....see the evil circle here????

I cannot get to my fill Dr. He is 6 hours away, over 3 mountain passes, all are snow packed, and one is totally closed due to an avalanche of snow. I would have to fly in. I pay $150.00 per fill, and to add an additional 2-3 hundred to fly....it just isn't in the budget. We are in serious cost saving mode. Ricks hours were cut back seriously, and lay offs are in the offing, so we are really trying not to spend much extra, and to cut back where we can. So to buy an airline ticket right now is not happening.

I had arrangements between my Dr. and my former oncologist, she actually tried to hit my port, but I think her needle was too short. It was a huber non coring needle, but not long enough he thinks. So I got poked a few times, but no fill. So looks like I just keep getting fatter until Spring Thaw.

Can you say depressed??????

It is upsetting to say the least.

It is cold here, but just a skift of snow last night. It was finally drying up so I could get to the barn and ride without spending hours cleaning hooves.....and now it is pushing in another storm!!

New grandson is ok I guess, we don't get to see him often.....the appointment thing is not happening! We also found out we have another grandbaby coming in August. Our son and his wife have a little boy,Connor who will be 3 in March, and they are having another. That one I will get to see without an appointment!

Well sorry I have been MIA.....I have been a slug, and not exercising. Thinking seriously about doing the 5 day pouch test, just to maybe jump start my own enthusiasm again. Til then, guess I'll have another Diet Dr. Pepper!

Sherry, hope you are healing from your fall. I fell in the wood shed not long ago. Just kinda hurt my wrist, and my ego!

Y'all take care, and I will check back in.

Kat

sounds like everyone is in the winter's blue mode huh? It's not easy to get out of it, that's for sure!

I'm eating things I shouldn't, and not eating things I should. Man....I really really need a band for my head :cursing:

Hi Everyone

I'm bandana. I just found this thread. I want to share with e3veryone today is my Bandaversary. Wow - I can't believe it's a year. I've lost 86 lbs from my 250 high before banding. I'm very happy about the weight loss, but I'm also in a funk, not diong what I'm supposed to and at a plateau. Some way to start an anniversary. Thanks for listening.

Hi Everyone

I'm bandana. I just found this thread. I want to share with e3veryone today is my Bandaversary. Wow - I can't believe it's a year. I've lost 86 lbs from my 250 high before banding. I'm very happy about the weight loss, but I'm also in a funk, not diong what I'm supposed to and at a plateau. Some way to start an anniversary. Thanks for listening.

Hi Bandana! Happy Bandiversary! What an awesome accomplishment....86 lb loss! We're a little quiet here lately, but join in...we'll be getting back on track and so will you.:thumbup:

sounds like everyone is in the winter's blue mode huh? It's not easy to get out of it, that's for sure!

I'm eating things I shouldn't, and not eating things I should. Man....I really really need a band for my head :thumbup:

SAME here. I did get my fill last week. I have 5ccs in a 10 cc Lapband APS band. I swear it makes a tremendous difference for oh, about, 2 days! I really have to work on the head hunger.

:mellow:sigh....

Hello everyone...I've been missing for a while I know. STressing to say the least between work (mucho hours right now and tons of work) and home (dh laid-off) and the clutter in my house is getting to me but, do I do anything about it...nope :redface: UGH. So eventually I"ll get my ars back in here. Thinking of you all!

Hi everyone

I have to say 2 days after my anniversary, I ate like a horse tonight. I went out to dinner with friends. How I got it down, without chewing alot and eating slow is beyond me. I thought I needed an unfil. oh how wrong,

I just don't know what happened that I was able to eat like that. It was a fluke .I must say it felt sooo good and I was sooo happy. I totally blocked out my band.

But I have to tell you if I didn't have my band I probably would have gained 86 lbs this year instead of losing it. Thank god for my lapband.

Hello Y'all!

Sorry I haven't been around much either, but things have just been crazy at work and by the time I get home, well I don't want to hear a phone ring or see a computer! lol

I have been trying to watch what I eat more as I went so crazy over the holidays, and I did lose 5 pounds this week. It might have been more if I had done some exercising with it but I was just too tired to even try. I am ready for the summer when it stays light longer and I can at least get in the pool and swim some.

Well today is shopping for groceries, cleaning house and getting caught up. That is if DH doesn't want to do some running around.

what ya all got planned for the weekend?

Catch you all later, I am on my way out the door to the store. You have to start early here or fight the crowds!

SUPER BOWL, BABY!!!

Go Steelers!!!!!

Well, no secret here, lol! Yes I'm a steelers fan. I'm looking forward to the big game today, tho' I don't really have a plans to go anywhere.

Hope all you gals are doing alright!. Sorry to here about your fall, Sherry and yours, Kat. Can't wait for some sunny weather, too. but hold on Sherry....I see where some big snow is headed your way. Wow, maybe 10"!!!!

I hear ya about the head hunger! stupid head!!! It always wants to eat! or I should say, always wants to be tasting :thumbup:

Have a great day everybody

Ewwww more snow :tongue2: The other day I parked my car in my driveway...and it slid downhill with me in it. Pulled up, parked again, foot still on brakes...car slid UGH. Had to turn my wheels into the snow to get it to stop then walk in 2 feet of snow so I wouldn't slide down the hill :cheated: After earlier in the week falling on my face I wasn't taking that chance again. I love my chiropractor but hell like my head and face too lol.

Today we have friends coming over to watch the game. Got meatballs in one crockpot, pulled pork in another, baked lemon bars and brownies last night...crackers and cheese, chips, doritos someone is bringing wings and another pigs in a blanket...yeap low cal today lol. Hmm maybe I should top it off with getting some ice cream? lol

Hi ladies,

I know, I know, I have been MIA, so sorry about that. Since I have moved back home, yay! 3 weeks now, my life has been insane!!!!

I had some major food problems, knew I had gained some weight back, went to my surgeon today for a fill, and I had actually LOST more weight! So I am now down 32 pounds!!! I was so shocked! I was like, are you sure?

I won't do what I was doing, but it did scare me back into reality.

So how is everyone doing? I am so ready for spring, can't wait.We are supposed to be getting a couple of inches of snow tomorrow, I'm not going anywhere.

Well, hope you are all well, miss you girls!!!

Hey NJSoldierwife,

We are practically neighbors. I'm in Morganville. Good work about the weight loss. When did you get banded?

I was banded 1/08. I'm not in the mood for all the snow that's heading our way. I agree I'm so ready for spring.