Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! Newly banded on 12/17/2008!!!

Hi all! I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life and got banded the day after my 38th birthday! Happy Birthday to me! (literally) My surgery was "textbook" according to my doctor and I suffered with severe port area pain for about 2-3 days post-op. I did well on my 7 day liquid diet with no hunger and then day 8 post-op the hunger set in again. (Christmas Day-of course) Had to puree a small soft piece of ham to make myself feel better and had no problem with it. Hope I did not mess anything up. :) The biggest problem I had post-op (besides pain) was very loose stools starting 3 days after surgery and then contracting a bladder infection, which made me feel ucky again. :Banane20: I have been up and around, doing housework, grocery shopping and walking, but energy is still very low. Is this normal?

Glad to be a part of the site! Let me know your thoughts!

Your symptoms sound normal but it is important to eat per your doc's orders in the healing phase. food "to make myself feel better" will make the band fail! (I understand the mentality, believe me...but you have to ditch it!) Plus when you are healing it is important that the stomach be still and when you eat (even pureed ham) your stomach churns to digest it. So it's good you only ate that once...hang in there and do what your doct tells you. It gets better!

Yes, it takes a while to get your feet back under you. I know it did for me. I was up and and around, and did very well after my surgery. I went back to work thinking all was good, but after a few hours felt totally drained so I went home and to bed. It took me a good two weeks to feel normal agian. Except for that darn shoulder pain...but it finally passed.

lucy

I was also banded on the 17th.

I refuse to have a scale in my home, so I am not sure where I am pound wise, but I feel good. I can tell in my face and my energy level is going up everyday. I nibbled on farmers cheese on Xmas day. That was the only time I had a problem. I am still on liquids and will go to mushies on Wednesday. I really don't have a lot of hunger. I can tell now that I can eat more at a time than I could at first, but I am maintaining. I made egg salad in the food processor...and eat about 1/3 c. of that right now. Drinking my Protein Shakes is hard. I get in about one a day. It's all a learning experience!!!