Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

LOL Mo!!

I go back to Kaiser next week and only lost 5 pounds. Just debating if I want a fill or not. Robin says if I don't want a fill I will need to be on top of my eating and food logs cause the band will loosen up as i lose weight........LOL. Now they are telling me to get fills and I am holding off........Funny how things have changed.

I think I could do a .25 fill since everything is going down easy now. Certainly won't go for a .5 fill.

I need to do better on my exercise and vitamins.......

Like John I am hoping to be in onderland before the end of the summer. 12 pounds to go..........

Well I am having a hard time keeping my protien down after dinner tonight so I am SURE I don't want a fill :-)

I am gonna rule in favor of no fill although I plan to go in for the appointment anyway.

I just want an x ray of my band I may talk to Robin first and see if I could get that done in Sacramento. I will feel better if I can see for myself that hasn't slipped or dialated.

Fickle band!! Restriction comes and goes but than again I think my protien consumptions comes and goes too!! LOL. Maybe it is actually fickle Tina..............:-)

Donna!!!! I see you down there!! How ya doing, sure miss seeing you around :-)

Hey Tina! How is everyone, I do keep up with the board reading...trying to keep hydrated tooo in this heat. Sending out an email, would like to do Mimi's for lunch after the next meeting, to Celebrate turning the big 5-0!

So glad I have gotten the band, I am feeling younger, more energy and healthier now, than I did @ 40! Definitely worth the waiting time & followups, of course all the support from our group too! I am taking the slower route, but sure & steady tooo, like the turtle! hehe tis right choice for me. Hope you all are doing well!

Guest sodapop

Hey there everyone I have been M.I.A! My son's birthday is today and I have been crazy busy with the 4th then getting everything ready and cleaned and the goodie bags for the kids together! woahhhh...My little Cody is 10 today! nuts!

TINA-ugg after the "filter thing" Nothing beats that! I remember singing to bye bye miss american pie....then I was out! Recovery was NOTHING! I was totally fine slept through most of it.. APRIL still thinks I am nuts cause I was "HAPPY AS A CLAM" after surgery and like lets walk! yay! lol....The worst was the first day home then I was totally fine! I actually can't believe how easy this surgery has been. It is amazing. I walked like a crazy woman and even in the middle of the night so I am sure that had a lot to do with it.

So I had my THREE WEEK follow up today and down the 20! Ohh and I WAS 285 so I gotta change my tickler so that is 50 POUNDS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! omg-It is weird. I do notice how active I am and I am not always tired and sluggish. Dr. Im said I am doing great and I have no exercise restrictions now! I really LOVE him. He was super nice to my son this afternoon who had to come with me and he is so trusting. He is not a bull-shitter and tells you the truth! I wore a dress today and he wanted to see my incisions. It was cute. He have me a blanket to cover my legs and underwear so Cody wouldn't see...what a sweet heart. This is also the FIRST TIME I haven't got ANY complications from a surgery so woahhh hooooo to Dr. IM!!!!!!! I would recommend him to anyone. I am a picky biotch too! lol...After every time I see him he asks like at least 5 times okay are you sure you don't have any more questions???? I LOVE it cause I always remember something when he says that!

So I have to get that STUPID FILTER OUT!!!!!!! I am terrified. gezzz not this again. I am seriously gonna open a can of whoop ass if they don't drug the HELL outta me!!!!

Ohh yes....had my FIRST THROW up experience! Yeah dont eat and drink at the same time with the sleeve! STUPID ME!!!!! I totally barfed and my own fault......

Alright gotta get back to PARTY STUFF!!!!

Edited by sodapop

I have my Psych appt today and getting nervous for some reason...how long is this appt? what do they ask? how long did it take you all to get there? appt is at 1:30...thinking leaving at 12 will be good?

Good Morning All.

Becca-Don't be nervous. Its a piece of cake. Just be yourself....Just don't reveal the voices in your head. LOL. Seriously, it's nothing. They just want to make sure you aren't seeking surgury for the wrong reasons and that you don't have a current serious issue or negative relationship with food, i.e. bullimia/anorexicia... You'll do fine and look back and wonder why you were ever nervous.

Hope all are well....

Okay so, I have made a revelation. Remember when I said my band was maybe too tight? Well, I have discovered first hand that PB'ing does make the band tighter. I have not had an episode since Saturday (last week) and the band feels looser and I'm able to eat a tiny bit of bread. Not that we should but... I totally avoided bread for 6 days and ate right and minimal carbs.... I have not gotten anything stuck and tried to drink 64+ ozs. of Water daily..... I have lost the 2-3lbs I gained and am now back to 191.2lbs on home scale this AM. I can't wait to break into the 180's....Hopefully I can get there by next week. I just ate lunch like a normal person. Here's what I ate:.....

2 slices bacon

1/2 slice french toast with a minute bit of Syrup

a few bites of scramples egg and tasted some grits.

While I don't feel full....I am satisfied. I have also been cleared to resume walking outside. Just not on the treadmill. In case I need to stop abruptly. I may try water aerobics on Monday...

Happy Friday.... TTYL..............

Yea Mo..............I agree there is full and there is band full............which is satisfied. Hard to explain unless your a bandster but I hear ya.

Heres to no more PB's!!

Cheers, Tina!!!

I might as well post an update. I got scheduled for my orientation on 7/13/10 finally about 3 weeks ago. I have already started to get into diet mode becuase I need to be ready to go full force after the orientation. As I previously posted this is not my first orientation but it is my first with Richmond. The only question I have is what time did everyone leave for it? I am coming from Rancho Cordova so I am guessing I should probably leave at 4-4:30am so that it will give me about 3 hours.

Andrew, congrats on your apt....I live in Citrus Heights and it takes about 1 hour 45 minutes to get there. I always allow about an extra 30 mintues for the "just in case"...

Anyone having Hair loss? Today my hair came out in handfulls! It seems more than the summer shed...kindddda freaked out! :)

I lost lots of hair last summer. Same thing coming out in the shower in handfuls........that was when I was in the honeymoon phase after surgery where I was loosing fast.

As the weight loss slows your hair grows back in thick. I didn't even notice until I ran into Heather and Pam a couple of weeks ago and they said my hair was thick again!! LOL. I forgot about it but it was a big deal for me last summer and embarrassing................

But it comes back and it seems thicker!! Its all good.

I remember complaining about my Hair loss to Dr. Baggs!!! LOL. He just gave me a look like "really, really?" ...........and than it occured to me that he is bald!! LOL. He is too funny....................never even occured to me that he would not be totally sympathetic!! LOL.

Andrew first time I went to Richmond for orientation it took forever due to an accident on the bridge from Vacaville to Pinole.................It took 2 hours plus which is the longest it every took me. Also the morning traffic starts to get bad once you approach the Vallejo area...............It took me an hour+ to get from Vallejo to RIchmond and I barely made the cut off.

Kaiser doesnt play around if your even a minute late your out and have to come back the next month for orientation.

I always figure I could get starbucks if I ended up with extra time. BUT DON'T DON'T walk into orientation with an contraband food items unless you want to be embarrassed..............yep that include skinny vanilla lattes...........and vitamine Water. Don't ask me how I know that!!

Best of luck!!

Edited by swrktp

Andrew, good luck with your orientation!

Ali, Last week was my first week of hair coming out in handfuls. I hate it! Yesterday I had all my curls hacked off and I now have a short new summer do. My hair came out medically 10 years ago and I really hoped to never go through that again, but oh well. I'll take these skinny jeans and buy a hat if I need to!

Lil'Mo and Ash, next Saturday the 17th turns out to be our summer pool party in Martinez. You're both on the guest list as my plus 2. Wander over to Obesity Help. com California forum and look for the Nor Cal post so that you can sign up for what you're bringing to pot luck etc.

Nor Cal Get Together for July, NEXT SATURDAY!!!

I'm so excited that I'll get to see you both!

Time to get out there and walk my butt off! :)