Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Congrads Ash!! Analynn girl you got this!! go get the 48 hr diet Nicollie and I did, you loose 4-5 lbs in 2 days! I lost 3 in one day!

Howdy everyone,

I am off to Kaiser Richmond in a few for my last visit with Dr. Baggs before surgery. They gave me a 4:30 appointment, so I most likely won't be home until after 8:00 tonight. Oh well, it is part of the process I suppose.

Nicole, I imagine you are bursting with excitement! What a great day tomorrow will be for you. My anniversary is on the 18th. 32 years for the Bobster and me. Time flies.

John, I was thinking about purees. Have you thought of taking ricotta cheese and mixing in a little spaghetti sauce and warming it up? They say smashed up cottage cheese is fine, so I am thinking ricotta would be okay as well and it would feel like you were eating lasagna perhaps. You could maybe even add a little pureed meat to the mixture. You could also mix in some vanilla and splenda into the ricotta and it might taste like cheesecake. Just some thoughts. I will think some more about it and post ideas for you.

Ashley~~~~OMG!!!!:w00t::laugh::eek::blushing:!!!! 5.5lbs left....You can do it girl!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!

YAY ASh!!! Its going to be smooth sailing from here on!! It will be here before you know it!! And yeah i did that diet with tam tam and lost 7 and kept on going. lol. Got my butt back on track.

TAM TAM Good luck with the interview just be yourself and you will fly through it!!

Pammie it doesnt matter, if you want to just pic em up and let me know. I can meet you anywhere. I live near arden but work in West Sacramento.

So yeah Im glad I got the day off tomorrow got a lot of stuff going on tonight and of course tomorrow. I will take lots of pics...

Laurel – Thanks for the ideas. I’m a pretty picky eater but I'll give it a try! Thanks! Have fun with the doc appointment!

Thanks guys!!!

I am severly low carbing it right now, but not that hungry since a cold is going around my house that includes a sore throat. I did the dieters tea last night and not much happend... hm? But are you two talking about the 48hr hollywood liquied diet? Congrats on the interview TamTam. Hope you have a great wedding day Niccolie, Mo- miss you girl, when I'm feeling better we need to hang, go on a walk or sumthing! John what about melting cheese on your purees? Laurel, make sure to tell us about your apt.!

Ok Nicole - I will pick them up tomorrow and hook up with you after you get back from your honeymoon. Let me know when you are back.

John - how long do you have to be on purees? I honestly can't even remember what I ate at the stage - but I think it was refried Beans thinned down a little - and cottage cheese that I chewed to death before swallowing. I think I was only on purees for about 5 days though as they forgot about me and I was on liquids too long.

What diet are you talking about that you lost 7 lbs on?

I had my baked beans for br, tuna for lunch, a McDonalds ice cream cone for a snack - and 3/4 cup chili for dinner. I luckily only have one more little container of tuna as I have had it for lunch every day this week and I am ready for something else - hey maybe canned chicken breast from costco.< /p>

I'm off tomorrow - furlough Friday - but lucky me I get to get up at 6 am anyway to get my boys to school. I drive them to school in my bathrobe and slippers - much to their embarrassment. oh well they could walk the 3 miles :blushing:

Didn't Christine do marinara with ricotta and motzerella and bake it? I remember she loved it, and the idea stuck with me.

Pam- We could meet at my gym and walk through the park next to it. It's nice, there's a trail and a pond.

Way to go Ash!

Hi Pam - Purees are about two weeks. From what I understand they really want you to puree soft meat Protein like chicken or ground beef/turkey. Nothing is working well for me. Especially since you only eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup for a meal and you have so much left over. I pureed a can of chicken from Sam’s and it’s lasted three days, yuck. You just get tired of stuff.

Can't wait until next week to move to soft foods. Sorry for bitching but purees just $uck for me! I’m going to try a couple new things people have suggested but I’m pretty picky with food. Not sure why we can’t have scrambled eggs lightly done on this stage as you could make them just similar consistency to a puree. Good news is I’m still not that hungry and the weight is coming off very nicely!

Thanks pammie I will be back SUnday and my hunny will be leaving so maybe one night during next week, we can get a decafe coffee or something!! Let me know when your free since my schedule will be pretty open lol.

Thanks Ash im super anxious. Just finished packing for Tahoe. YAY. I cant wait till it all comes together.

John I hear ya on the puree sucking. I HATED IT!!! I loved mashed potatos and chilli lol... My favs.

How ya doin Pat????

Well some last minute things I need to get done. Have a great night all. See ya when I get back into town!!

Love you all!!

Hi Everyone - been very busy at work this week so have only come on briefly to see what everyone is up to but haven't had time to post.

CoCo - been thinking about you all day. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and enjoy every minute. I can't wait for pics and to give you a hug on the 20th!

Ash and Annalyn - Way to go - you are rockin it - you will be part of the sisters (and brother) of surgery in no time.

Tam - how are you doing? Congrats on the interview - you will be terrific.

John and Lee - sorry purees are tough - I agree with everything you have both said. The only bright side is that you really are eating so little that the weight does come off.

Heather - you are building muscle - your outlook is great. The weight will come off - just stick with it. I can't wait to see you on the 20th!

Pammie - I support your jammies on your day off 100%; I would do the same thing!!

Where is everyone else and are you OK? Jess, Candra, Riley, Reggie, Donna, Tina, Maria, Mo, Laurel.

Ok I am fightin my way to my 50% point - 58lbs. I am 2/10 of a pound away - last week I was 6/10! When I not so hard on myself, I can say almost 58 lbs in 6 months is pretty darn good, but when I look at how many calories I am eating and have only lost 4/10 in 5 days I get really mad. I have been really hungry and I have been eating more. Not bad food (except for the cupcake incident on Sunday LOL) but just can't keep to 1/3 of a cup. I am also waiting too long between my lunch hour at work and when I get home at have dinner. I know we aren't suppose to snack but I really think I need something around 4 in the afternoon. I seem to remember someone on here saying something about they thought 4 small meals worked better for them. Any thoughts?

Great things happening around the board this past couple days...lots of weight loss, wedding, job interviews, etc! Awesome news.

John, I get kinds grossed out thinking about the pureed stage, I hope some of these ideas will work for you!

I had a bad day today, all my usual food just did not sound appealing so took the boys out to dinner and I went to Habit Burger...got a burger wrapped in lettuce and even ate a few fries and onion rings. It was so good but I am miserable now...feel really guilty as well as bloated. I hope this is a good lesson for me to get back on track.

I was able to reschedule my physc apt for the 23rd but they won't promise I can see Liz that day, not sure why, but I am hoping it works out. They ordered my labs and ekg and said I could do those here in Roseville so that makes me happy!

Everyone continue working hard! Nite, nite.