Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Congrats Mo in being onderland! I will get you the recipe later tonight.

Lee it's good to see you online, hope you are well.

Candra, I sent you my number.

Hello Team!

I'm so happy to report that I'm doing fantastic! I went 5 hours between pain meds and probably could have passed on the last one, but I was afraid I wouldn't be as active without it. I've been out of bed since 9am and moving around the house. Watching TV and eating my new favorite food... 25 calorie Dreyer fruit juice popsicles! I think the cold feels terrific on my swollen tummy. I have zero hunger so I'm just trying to keep up with my 20 oz of fluids today. I graduate to full fluids on Sunday. I am so happy and energetic today.

Ash.. so sorry to read about your son's ear problems and those of the new baby. Really glad that you'll be able to pay installments on the ear tubes and sleeve. I say go for the Sleeve and don't look back. I couldn't be happier with the decision!

Tamra, which scale doesn't matter, just that it's going down. I think that eating that dense Protein like the ground beef and cheese is going to be the best for you. It will keep you full and happy for hours. You're doing great. As far as whether to lie to Robin, what Bonnie taught me is to always be honest. The Kaiser team really just wants us to succeed. Everyone slips up occasionally and while it's not the best thing, just be honest about it. I want the team there to help me as much as possible. I think I have it easier because I live alone and my food choices are mine alone without people here at home tempting me.

I think the other thing about being completely honest is that it keeps us accountable. If I really track every bite in Myfitnesspal.com I will be more careful about each bite that I take. If I let myself lie, then it will only hurt me because I won't be accountable.

I'm counting down the hours till Zach gets home tonight. So excited to see him!

Hello Hello!!

YaY Tam Tam!!! You will be at 230 in no time!! I hope ya get a fill too...

Candra suprisingly I havent had any heartburn since the surgery and I ate Tomato Soup. It was weird when he said no hernia I was actually shocked!! Hopefully it wont come back once I start eating real food. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Walked 2 miles again last night and gunna try to do it again tonight. I felt so good after hoping it will make me ready for work on Tuesday. Goin to my PCP on Monday for my 2 week follow up.

Heather how is the challenge goin? I put my membership on hold last night. No sense in paying for it while I cant use it..

Where is everyone?? Im the only one on right now. lol.

Anyways, gunna go thinkin about seeing New Moon for the 4th time at the 3$ theator lol...

Well acording to my scale I am down 14 lbs since surgery so we will see....

Tamra - you go girl! I looked at your before pics and I am amazed. You have done so well and you look completely different. You a beautiful and I love the pic of you and your daughter and the caption that she is your reason for doing this. My boys are my reason too - I want to be a good, fun old lady who can play with her grandchildren whenever they arrive.

Hello Team!

I'm so happy to report that I'm doing fantastic! I went 5 hours between pain meds and probably could have passed on the last one, but I was afraid I wouldn't be as active without it. I've been out of bed since 9am and moving around the house. Watching TV and eating my new favorite food... 25 calorie Dreyer fruit juice popsicles! I think the cold feels terrific on my swollen tummy. I have zero hunger so I'm just trying to keep up with my 20 oz of fluids today. I graduate to full fluids on Sunday. I am so happy and energetic today.

Lee - So glad to hear how you are doing. Your attitude is terrific. Just make sure you rest - one thing I find is as I am more active the energy drain creeps up on you when you least expect it. My PCP said to be prepared for that since we are taking in so few calories (and I am guessing also because of our 'mature' age!). I am glad your pain is getting a little better. Getting all the fluids in in the beginning is a trick - I am still trying to get to my full 64 oz. of Water - I just about make it but have to count my tea and Jello. I guess I didn't realize how much I use to guzzle water before surgery. I am happy your son is coming next week - I sure do miss my older one! The weight loss now is so much fun - you are going to love it - I am down almost 15 lbs in 3+ weeks. Take care.

Pat, congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. That is so great!!

You're so right about the energy drain. After being up for those hours, I completely lost steam at 1pm and had to go back to bed. I can think of worse things. I'm sipping away. I still have to get in 6 oz today for my 20 oz requirement. I can do it. Popsicles really please me right now. I guess you're right about no calories and lack of energy. All I've had since Tuesday is a couple of popsicles. Maybe I can drink some broth tonight.

Back to bed....

Lil'Mo.... Onederland??? How cool is that young lady! :sad:

Hi Ladies!

Lee – So glad you are doing so well!

Pat – Congrats on the weight loss!

Ashley – Glad you are so close and will be able to take care of both of you!

Nicolie – You are doing so well!

My update is I’m doing great! Still a lot of abdomen pain but overall I feel much better. I have a few more scars as they didn’t use all the same incisions areas and a couple are much larger. I did weigh myself at the hospital as I was curious as a scale was right outside my room. I was up 12 pounds from the morning and just think they took out 80% of my big ass stomach.

A friend who is banded that lives back east calls his a “Blow Hole”. Well I think we can all relate to that name even if we have different surgeries. My blow hole is very sensitive now with just a sip it gurgles, blows and my stomach trembles. Not able to get much down but I did get in 25-30 ounces today.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Edited by skiingj

John, so happy to read that you're doing ok! Popsicles are my fav right now. I ate 7 which are two ounces each. 25 calories each. I made some baby ice cubes that are 1/2 ounce each out of the diet pommegrante/cranberry drink. I also liked mixing sobe lifewater 1/2 and 1/2 with Water because it was too sweet without the water. All in all I was at around 24 oz today. I'll up it tomorrow.

I feel great tonight, just really tender at the two huge incisions on my waistline. The other three don't hurt as much. Too bad he couldn't use the 5 scars I have from my gallbladder coming out!

It seems like everyone has had a great week with their bands. I'm so happy to read that!

My friend just left to go pick up my son at the airport. I'm stoked for that and looking forward to walks on Lake Merritt over the next three days while he's here.

Lee and John, I am glad all is going well for you guys! Take care of yourselves and look forward to hearing you share your stories. :sad:

Glad to see everyone is up and okay!! Who do we have next up for surgery?

Here are todays meals:

Breakfast was 4 oz hamburger meat with 1 oz cheddar cheese, and a grande skinny latte

lunch was 4 oz chicken (skin included), and 1 oz cheddar cheese

Dinner was 3 oz hamburger meat, and 1 oz cheddar cheese

As you can see, I am finally kicking my cheese craving LOL

:sad: night

Hi All,

Hey Lee!!! I'm so glad to see you posting. You made it girl!!!! You will start seeing the weight fall right off.... I am not going to the meeting without you. I'm actually going to the gym in the AM and shopping for groceries afterwards...

Guess what??? I broke down and bought a coat today. On clearance at Macy's for cheap!!! I am thrilled because it is a LARGE!!!! I have not bought a large coat in years..... I also bought some new work-out clothes in a medium.... I could not believe I BOUGHT A MEDIUM!!!!

It's really hard to stay in Onederland...My next mini-goal is to get to 195lbs.... I also hope to be 190lb by April 1st....

Mo- So happy for you!

Tamra - Great job today :sad:

Ali- What is your pre-op goal?

John and Lee - glad to hear you are feeling better. Obviously the 12 lbs was Fluid from the operation John - they told me not to weigh for the first week - but of course I did but oddly I was down the second day after surgery.

I was cleaning out a junk basket on my counter this morning while watching three Oprah's I dvrd still in my nightgown until 11 am and I came across my list of dates and my weight starting from when I went to orientation in May 2008 until July 2009. I weighed 219 back in March 2009 and it is now Feb 2010 and I still weigh 219 - wtf? I have played with the same 5 lbs for almost a year now. Up and down, up and down. But I guess if I put a positive spin on it and least I maintained and didn't gain - that's a new one for me. Maybe I will get the other 40 lbs off this year. If I could, I think I would go get sleeved now - I did so well for a long time and the weight was coming off and then it slowed down which was normal and now I can not seem to get focused and get my act together.

My 13 yr old son accidentally dropped a plastic gallon jug of apple juice on the floor this evening and it split in half and apple juice was all over the kitchen floor and under the refrigerator - it took us at least 1/2 hour to clean up and now the floor is sticky - I was going to steam mop on Sunday anyway, but hadn't really planned on pulling out the refrigerator and cleaning the floor tonight.

I had lunch with my daughter's teacher again today - teriyaki chicken - I think I will just have a Protein Drink from now on - for some reason even though I only ate a small amount of chicken and about 1 bite of rice - I ended up having to excuse myself and run to the bathroom to pb. I think it is just nerves.

Jeez, I just saw the time - what am I still doing up? This is late for me. talk to you tomorrow.

Pam, how often do you pb? What if you're too tight? I think you should make an appt with Dr Im and find out what's up. Maybe a Robin appt would help too.

I went to the gym after bunco tonight. Yeah! I wasn't totally feeling it since I've got this cold but I did it. I was looking around at everyone else at the gym, and they all seemed to be just going through the motions. No one was actually working out, they were all half-ass exercising! I think I was the only one trying to burn as many calories as I could (approx 500 cal!). One of the things my trainer said is every time we go do cardio we will burn more calories than the last time. He wants us to track our calories and do better each and every time. I like that.

I'm also trying to think of outdoor walks, since I need to walk more for sure. Would anyone be interested in meeting for a walk on American River Parkway? I've never done it myself but we could meet at Watt access or something like that. Just a thought.

I should be at the meeting next Saturday. My cousin's wedding is that evening. I'm thinking of getting my hair done in the morning before the meeting and pray it still looks good 10 hours later! lol.

Mee thinks it's time for bed. Night!

Oh, and Tamra- Do not lie to them. Lying does nothing to help you. If you're eating something you know you shouldn't eat (or drink) then change it otherwise just tell them why you ate or drank it.