Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was I Thinking?

I was banded on 11/18/08 also and have been thinking all the same thoughts. The worse part for me is the gas pains - I am taking the gas-x but still have problems - not to mention the nausea and diarreha.....What is with the back pain? Did anyone have back pain? My post-op appt with dr is 12/1.

Does anyone really remember how long the gas pains lasted. I have a bad knee so can't do as much walking as I should. Thanks for your help and support. It is such a relief to be able to read everyone elses symptoms, problems, and successes......I hope to be a success some day and not a whiner.

I

Does anyone really remember how long the gas pains lasted. I have a bad knee so can't do as much walking as I should. Thanks for your help and support. It is such a relief to be able to read everyone elses symptoms, problems, and successes......I hope to be a success some day and not a whiner.

I still have gas pains two weeks out. I mean really bad bloating pain. I take gas x but it doesn't really help. I am back at work and I have to run to the bathroom because the gas pain is bad. :blush:

I think all of us thought "what in the heck have I done to myself" during the first few weeks. Try to stay poitive. It really does get better and better each week. The pain gets better, the gas gets better, the shoulder pain gets better. When you are on the other side and you look and feel so much better you will feel that it was all worth it but I know that it is hard to focus on the positives when you are in pain. Also, remember that your stomach is swollen and irritated around where the band was placed so you have to go easy. If that means only a few sips and then stop for a while than do it and once the swelling goes down you will not feel it so much. Hang in there it is a slow process but well worth it!

you guys were so right. Once the port incision quit hurting I started to feel much better. Now onto the second step in my food progression, puree/soft foods are great. I survived the 2 week Fluid part. What was I thinking, I was thinking I have to get this weight off. YIPPEE, it's coming off and that feels great!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I am 7 days post-op, and wondering the same thing. I can't seem to feel better no matter what I try. My back even hurts! my husband says i'm just whining, but what the #*%$* does he know?! therefore it was really great to hear you are better, it gives me hope.

Glad to hear your doing better. My first few days were rough too. I was so dizzy all the time. Once I got to mushies- it's be great. Over did it yesterday and I was a bit sore. But doing great. Can't eat that much, which is good. But took a meal of pain to figure that one out.

Unfortunately until someone experiences having this done, they won't know exactly what this feels like or how difficult it really is to lose the amount of weight we have to lose. I promise you that over the next 7 days you will start to feel better. Moving around does help a lot. Our bodies heal at different paces but you should be doing better soon. I still can't say that I would do it over again, but every day I am better with the changes, the more I am get closer to that day when I will say, absolutely...would do it over again. My problem is that I have lost over 75 pounds the conventional way at least 15 times but then gained it back when I started eating again. So until I get to 100 pounds down, I really can't say it's worth it. But it will and I will and then we can Celebrate our healthiness.

HAng in there. We all went through some of those feelings post op.Good luck to you. The incision pain will improve each day.Watch to control your gas and do not put too much pressure on the incisions or port site. At about two weeks you will physically feel better. Your brain hunger will feel better whenyou start eating food. It will come .It just takes time.

It will be the best thing you have ever done.My surgeon is now lap banding over failed bypasses.

Take care

Over 3 weeks since the procedure and those nasty first 2 weeks are behind me. Hang in there folks, week 3 has been the best yet. I finally have some energy and no pain. That has been huge. Starting to get a little more hungry during what should be eating times, but this thing is really doing the trick of keeping me full. I too was a self pay and this was a huge investment for me, but I'm starting to lean toward "the I'm glad I had this done side of things"

My Chin's up and how cool it is to get rid of clothes that no longer fit instead and going to the store to buy bigger clothes that you're not happy about getting in the first place.

I can't wait till the warmer season here in Indiana and being able to maybe go outside with shorts on and not be worrying about how huge my legs are. Sorry going on about me and how I feel.

Are you guys doing better? What revelations have you had that you are happy about having been banded?