Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

Did not win last night....but I had a great time. I went shopping today to look for a dress for my daughters wedding that is on March 14th. I tried on a 16 and it was baggy. That was a nice feeling. So the scale is not moving as fast as I would like it but the inches are coming off. We all have to just take one day at a time and treat everyday like a new beginning.

Congrats Rose. I know the scale didn't move for me either this week. But I can feel the toning up. We have to look at this as a lifestyle change. I can take slow losing as long as I know this is the last time I will have to lose it. Hope you are feeling better China. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

hello ladies,

i to have noticed that im losing inches over weight. its ok but, i must admit i thought i would have lost more weight than this. this band is some real work. but, im up for the challenge:biggrin:. congradulations rose on your daughters wedding.

well starting sunday im going back on south beach diet or formula 40-30-30. hoping that will do it for me and i will see the scale move. i woke up this morning and i noticed that when i blow my nose i hear Water in my ear and it gets plugged. im so tired of this cold stuff.

Congrats Rose. I know the scale didn't move for me either this week. But I can feel the toning up. We have to look at this as a lifestyle change. I can take slow losing as long as I know this is the last time I will have to lose it. Hope you are feeling better China. Have a great day everyone. Laurel
Did not win last night....but I had a great time. I went shopping today to look for a dress for my daughters wedding that is on March 14th. I tried on a 16 and it was baggy. That was a nice feeling. So the scale is not moving as fast as I would like it but the inches are coming off. We all have to just take one day at a time and treat everyday like a new beginning.

Hey Ladies,

I know it's been awhile since I've been here to check in, things have been busy for me. I got my first fill on Tuesday, it didn't go too well. He had trouble accessing my port and had to stick me about 15 times before he got it, then 2 1/2 cc was too much and the barium wouldn't go down so he had stick me 3 more times to get it again. He ended up taking out 1/2 cc and that worked. So now I'm at 5cc and so far feeling really good.

I had stopped losing weight after about 3 weeks post surgery so I was getting a little bummed out. Turns out the fill was just what I needed because I've already started losing again.

Also, I was really excited because I had ordered some jeans online that were on clearance in a size 18 so that as I lost weight I would have some jeans but when they got here they already fit me. Yay! Looks like I need to start looking for jeans in a 16 to grow into.

Welcome back Allie, I am so sorry to hear about the fill problem. What weight do you want to get down to. I am 5'6 started at 229 and am currently at 211 and would like to get to 150.

Sounds like we are all loosing inches...and thats a really good thing.

I go for my second fill tomorrow I will let you know how it goes.

Take care everyone.

hey everyone how is everyone doing these days. welcome back allie. well im feeling alot better. im going to be going back to the gym on monday. im very glad about that.

well im working on a menu of meals for the week. im gonna do formula 40-30-30. its a dieabetic diet. but, im not diebetic though. i start on sunday with ny friend she is gonna do south beach.

i feel happy about this. gotta get the scale back moving. i think i got alittle bite behind. not doing as good as i can. so now im gonna give it my all and see what happens. i did learn one thing when you dont eat for a while you go out of control.

sundays the big day wish me luck. will keep everyone posted on how im doing.

I am glad that everyone is doing well. China I am happy that you are feeling better.

I went to the doctor today I was down 2 lbs in two weeks. He put in 1cc so I have a total of 5cc in my 10cc band now. He said that if I continue to loose about 1-2 lbs a week he will see me in a month. If I stop loosing than I can come back in 2 weeks for another fill. He likes to go slow with the fills so I will see how I do in the next couple of weeks. He suggested that I only work out 5 days a week and take 2 days off. He also wants me to wait to start sit ups. Well everyone have a great weekend.

Rose, I'm 5'10", my starting weight was 260, I'm down to 240 now and my first goal is 200 lbs. I don't know what is a good weight for me, I honestly can't imagine being 175 which is what the charts say is a healthy weight for me so I'm going to see what my body is like at 200 lbs and then decide on a final goal weight from there.

My doctor said no to me about abdominal workouts too, he said it's because they attach the port to your abdominal wall and you want to make sure it's totally healed before you strain your abs.

I'm still doing good with my fill, I'm hoping I stay in the green zone and don't need anymore fills. I'm really happy with my weight loss right now.

China, glad to hear you are doing well. Be sure to let us know how your new menu is working out. I could always use advice on what to eat.

Congrats Rose on you weight loss. Glad you are feeling better China. Allie I have 1/2 inch on you but quite a few more pounds. I can't even remember what I weighed in HS. I too am not sure what my final goal will be. I don't think I even weighed under 180 at this height. I haven't tried to do just regular sit ups yet. But with Water aerobics we do work out our core. Last night I attended my first WLS meeting. It was interesting. Of course most people there had gastric bypass. They meet once a month I am going to try to go on a regular basis. Last night we talked about relationships and sex after weight loss. Well need to get running. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

hey everybody,

im glad to hear everyone is doing so good. i finished my weekly menu today i start tomorrow. congradulation rose and allie on the weighloss. what about you laurel how is the band doing for you. im not gone lie ladies i have had some moments of weakiness. i have been having alot of family problems but, i cant let that interfer with what im trying to do.

but, i do notice i dont eat as much as before. i just gotta give the band a chance to work. meaning i do my part and let it do its part. and that is what i plan to do.

By my calculations for the begining of this journey, I am down 40 lbs. I really need to write things down. My memory seems to be slipping soon. Thank goodness, I have had some control over my eating. The first time in my life. China, I totally understand family problems. I have been a stress eater my whole life. I am just trying very hard to turn to excercise instead of food. I also go to a counsilor and I thinks that helps a lot. I feel like my ex-husband is going to keep trying to ruin my life. Right before I had him removed from my house, his words to me where "Your FAT, your in your 40's and you have 4 kids, NOBODY will want you!!" Well now I am in my 50's and re-married and on my way to being fabulous. He still causes stress in my life, but I am going to win. And I am going to win, not by fighting, but by proving him wrong. I feel so powerfull lately. It is amazing. The most important fact. I am getting healthly for ME!!! Well, enough words from me tonight. Have a great night.

Laurel

I think we are all stress eaters. Most overweight people are. Don't you hate when you hear this skinny people say that they cant eat when they are stressed or upset? When I am upset WATCH OUT fridge! Well that was the old Rose the new Rose is trying not to turn to food. I had a busy day running around going to the mall went and got the hubby fitted for his tux for our daughters wedding. He is going to look so handsome. Thank you all for the well wishes. Have a great SUNDAY. China let us know what your menu is going to be like.

i to have been thinking about going to talk to a couselor as i to am an emotional eater. right now i have alot on my place and alot of people that depend on me and some times it becomes a bit over whelming. but, im ok now i will come here tomorrow and post on here what and how much i ate.

i have change the menu so much but, im gonna keep this one. and you guys just dont know how excited i am to be going back to the gym. im gonna try and burn at least 400 calories a day so then that will help me with the weightloss. i gotta pick up my Water intake also. well good nite all i hope everyones weekend was good.

By my calculations for the begining of this journey, I am down 40 lbs. I really need to write things down. My memory seems to be slipping soon. Thank goodness, I have had some control over my eating. The first time in my life. China, I totally understand family problems. I have been a stress eater my whole life. I am just trying very hard to turn to excercise instead of food. I also go to a counsilor and I thinks that helps a lot. I feel like my ex-husband is going to keep trying to ruin my life. Right before I had him removed from my house, his words to me where "Your FAT, your in your 40's and you have 4 kids, NOBODY will want you!!" Well now I am in my 50's and re-married and on my way to being fabulous. He still causes stress in my life, but I am going to win. And I am going to win, not by fighting, but by proving him wrong. I feel so powerfull lately. It is amazing. The most important fact. I am getting healthly for ME!!! Well, enough words from me tonight. Have a great night.

Laurel

I think we are all stress eaters. Most overweight people are. Don't you hate when you hear this skinny people say that they cant eat when they are stressed or upset? When I am upset WATCH OUT fridge! Well that was the old Rose the new Rose is trying not to turn to food. I had a busy day running around going to the mall went and got the hubby fitted for his tux for our daughters wedding. He is going to look so handsome. Thank you all for the well wishes. Have a great SUNDAY. China let us know what your menu is going to be like.

Good luck with the diet and excercise China. Wow, Rose, I can't even imagine one of my kids getting married yet. Although some are old enough. That must be so exciting. Today is a nice day here. It is in the 50's and windy. I am planning on taking the hubby and dogs for a nice walk. We had snow on Weds. And now the 50's. Snow is all gone now. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

hi all we i didn't start the diet today as i need to go grocery shopping first but, didn't have time will go on monday. but, i did eat very light today

so far i had

b-4oz sweet potatoes mashed

s-s/f pudding

l-1/4 of a boston market chicken craver sandwich

s-1/2c squash

d- 1 chicken, spinach w cheese wheat wrap

Good luck with the diet and excercise China. Wow, Rose, I can't even imagine one of my kids getting married yet. Although some are old enough. That must be so exciting. Today is a nice day here. It is in the 50's and windy. I am planning on taking the hubby and dogs for a nice walk. We had snow on Weds. And now the 50's. Snow is all gone now. Have a great day everyone. Laurel