Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Am I Afraid of the Scales?

I think I am nuts! I am afraid to get on the scales. I was banded 9/23 and my last visit to the doctor was 11/5. I had lost 25 pounds. Walking up to the scales was a nightmare because I was so sure I had gained. I lost. Now I have taken the scales out of the house because I am doing the same thing ... I am so sure I am gaining weight. Don't have reason to believe that I am. I am eating pretty good (yeah, I eat more than a cup now and then but it is the good stuff, not junk). I love brussel sprouts and I eat more of them than I should but I don't think that is too bad. I just have this fear that for some reason, even though I am doing all the right things, (okay, almost all the right things) I am somehow going to fail at this. Do you think it is because of failing at so many other diets before getting the band put in? I am dreading going to the doctors on 12/3 already. Once again, my pants are about ready to fall off my backside but I am sure I am not losing weight. Do you think it would be better to weigh myself once a week? I just had a problem with weight and the scales years back and I don't want to go there again. It was an obsession and I got myself into some unhealthy trouble on that weight loss program and we will leave it at that. Or maybe I am stressing over not being perfect on the diet? I don't know. Any advice or words of wisdom fellow bandsters?

i think you'll find you'll have a love/hate relationship w/the scale. it's your best friend when you see the numbers go down, and just pure evil when it's done the reverse.

i think weighing once a wk is a good idea (enough to check your progress - but not too much to be obsessive), also take your measurements. many times when you stall in your weight loss - you'll find your losing inches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches