Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is wrong with me????

I received my surgery date today. It is November 24th. I keep reading how everyone is so excited for their surgery and also the declines that have made many so sad. So, why am I sooo blahhhh? Perhaps it hasnt hit me yet? Has anyone else felt this way?:thumbup:

It probably is that it just hasn't hit you yet. It is an emotional roller coaster for most of us. From the stress of getting testing and approval to the excitement of being approved to the torture of pre-op dieting, the impatience of waiting for surgery day and the fear when the day gets close...enjoy the blah while you have it!

It probably is that it just hasn't hit you yet. It is an emotional roller coaster for most of us. From the stress of getting testing and approval to the excitement of being approved to the torture of pre-op dieting, the impatience of waiting for surgery day and the fear when the day gets close...enjoy the blah while you have it!

Thanks Jodi for your support. I think I am scared of going through this because I am afraid of

A. the surgery not working

B. not being able to find restriction and gaining weight

C. and always being hungry

Its just that you read so many stories about people experience's, and the people whose surgery does not work out are always the stories that stick in your head. But you are living proof it works....I saw your ticker...Great job...your almost there!!!!

Kim:thumbup:

kh1967, I completely on the same boat as you. My surgery is Nov. 24 also. I was excited the day I got my approval, but now I am in the blah section. Your A, B, C worries are exactly what I am feeling too. :thumbup:

Jodi, you said it best as far as all the stress of all the many little things you have to do prior to surgery. The pre-op diet is torture. Right now, I feel like I'm starving to death, but I have to wait at least another hour before my next Protein Shake. I have four kids running around and all I want to do is eat their Snacks and lunches that I make for them. :thumbup: But I don't.

We are all doing this to make a better person out of us and a healthier one. So eventually we will get excited and pull forward through all this. :thumbup:

kh1967, keep me posted on your SUCCESS! I can't wait to finally share mine!

276 / 254 / 145

Highest / Current / Goal

A.) This is definitely a common worry. I read and read of all the success stories on this and other sites and I STILL kept thinking that it wouldn't work for me and that I would end up wasting a lot of money and being ashamed for failing.

B.) Ther is no reason why you shouldn't find restriction. Just be patient because it may take a few fills AND you might find restriction, lose weight and lose it again needing another fill but you will get there.

C.) Once you reach proper restriction you will not be hungry.

kh1967, I completely on the same boat as you. My surgery is Nov. 24 also. I was excited the day I got my approval, but now I am in the blah section. Your A, B, C worries are exactly what I am feeling too. :thumbup:

Jodi, you said it best as far as all the stress of all the many little things you have to do prior to surgery. The pre-op diet is torture. Right now, I feel like I'm starving to death, but I have to wait at least another hour before my next Protein Shake. I have four kids running around and all I want to do is eat their Snacks and lunches that I make for them. :thumbup: But I don't.

We are all doing this to make a better person out of us and a healthier one. So eventually we will get excited and pull forward through all this. :thumbup:

kh1967, keep me posted on your SUCCESS! I can't wait to finally share mine!

276 / 254 / 145

Highest / Current / Goal

I hear ya...it was hell for me and I don't have any kids, LOL. Just take it one day at a time and a few weeks from now this will all be a distant memory and you will be enjoying a new and wonderful life!

There is nothing wrong with you!

I haven't gotten my surgery date yet but I've had those thoughts in my head...what if stuff.. Hearing alot of good stories and hoping I'm not going to be the exception. Like most everyone I've read...we have all tried with no success many different ways to lose weight. Nothing works and we tend to think....well with the track record...this is probably going to be a big waste of time, energy and money. Self Doubt is horrible. Practice Positive self talk.

I've had a couple books suggested to me: Mindless Eating, Weight Loss for Dummies and First Aide for Bariatric Patients. I found the Mindless Eating book very very interesting and helpful (althought I was very skeptical..yet another way to spend money...) And the First Aide book has alot of ideas on self talk and support etc.

I've gone from very interested and self skeptical to very excited and the turning point for me was actually watching a live surgical video on Lap Band procedure. It was facinating and now I can't wait. I even am going to ask to have my surgery recorded. I know it may seem weird but hey what can I say?

Practice positive self talk and hang in there.

I am so glad that others do or have felt the same way. I was almost feeling ungreatful because I have seen so many people get dissapointed with declines on their insurance or their insurance doesnt cover it. I think it is just the anxiety of it all.

TJ Frickey3 - stay strong with the pre-op diet!!!!I have been on it for 2 weeks already because of a fatty liver, after day 3 or 4 it gets much better. I will definately keep you up to date.

Jodi-thanks for making feel like my concerns are common. So Im not so crazy afterall lol.....

Jodi-thanks for making feel like my concerns are common. So Im not so crazy afterall lol.....

Well, if those feelings do mean your crazy, then at least your not alone...and I might add you are in good company!:thumbup:

There is nothing wrong with you!

I haven't gotten my surgery date yet but I've had those thoughts in my head...what if stuff.. Hearing alot of good stories and hoping I'm not going to be the exception. Like most everyone I've read...we have all tried with no success many different ways to lose weight. Nothing works and we tend to think....well with the track record...this is probably going to be a big waste of time, energy and money. Self Doubt is horrible. Practice Positive self talk.

I've had a couple books suggested to me: Mindless Eating, Weight Loss for Dummies and First Aide for Bariatric Patients. I found the Mindless Eating book very very interesting and helpful (althought I was very skeptical..yet another way to spend money...) And the First Aide book has alot of ideas on self talk and support etc.

I've gone from very interested and self skeptical to very excited and the turning point for me was actually watching a live surgical video on Lap Band procedure. It was facinating and now I can't wait. I even am going to ask to have my surgery recorded. I know it may seem weird but hey what can I say?

Practice positive self talk and hang in there.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I dont want to fail at this. I have not been successful in the past and want this to work so badly. Thanks for your encouragement.!!!!:thumbup:

And I will think postive!!:thumbup: It is so great here to have so many people going through or have gone through this. The support is unbelieveable!!!!

I've been going through the same emotions as others have described on here - worries about whether it will work, will I have restriction, will I lose the weight - as well as the emotional roller coaster of the helli that is the pre-op diet. My surgery is scheduled for the 26th, but I'm still not totally sure I'll make my pre-op weight loss goal by then, so I haven't been able to really take it in, that this is actually going to happen. Good thing there are so many people that have been in this place before and gotten through it. So far I haven't met anyone, either online or in person, that's regretted getting the band.