Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love Dr. John Feng, my band doctor!!

:smile2:

Omg I love my doctor so much!

I was going to interview at least 2 doctors, but decided that there was no one else to meet after meeting Dr. John Feng of Crystal Springs Surgical Center in San Mateo, CA.

My first meeting lasted over 2 hours and he explained soooo much to me in detail.

My husband totally got along with him after meeting at the hospital on the day of surgery and get this.......he calls back within a matter of hours. I know he's very busy these days as everyone seems to want to get banded or get other bariatric surgery before the holidays, but he actually calls to check in and see if you just want to chat.....seriously, who does that?! :tt1:

Last night I suddenly felt like I was coming down with the pukey feeling you get when you have the flu and I paged him worried that it might be too soon for me to throw up since I was banded only a few weeks ago. He called me back and talked me thro it, and altho I still feel sick, I'm not as worried about throwing up if it happens.

Anyone else have any great stories about Dr. Feng? Please feel free to share them here :tt1:

I had my initial consult with Dr Feng this afternoon at his Lodi office. He seems like a wonderful doctor. If you don't mind my asking, were you a self-payer, or did your insurance cover the procedure and testing?

=

I was self pay and I can already tell that opting for the 5 year service was the best choice for me.

The care and service I get from both Dr. Feng and Shellie in San Mateo is far superior to that my crappy primary care physician :cursing:

I ended up paying the surgeron's fees upfront and getting awesome 3.99 APR financing for anesthesia and hospital fees...mine came to 17k total.

Good luck on your decision :)

I was quoted $14.2K total for both the surgeon's fee and anestheologist etc... Did you pay for your lab.chest xrays, EKG etc..? Or did your insurance company? If you paid, did you go through Dr Feng, or??

I used my insurance to get my surgery clearance with my crappy Primary Care Doctor. I financed the hospital fees thro Capital One Insurance (3.99%).

On top of the bloodword (there's a lot and insurance covered it all) and ekg which was done at my primary care doctor's office, I only had to do my psych clearance and I was able to get that done for no extra cost from the therapist I see on a regular basis.

The difference in cost, is most likely due to which hospital you have your surgery.....some cost $7200, mine happened to cost $9500 but I think it's because it's a smallish hospital in Redwood City and it's really pretty close to where I live.

Dr. Feng is pretty strict with the post-surgery driving....he requests you not drive your self around for a full 14 days so the sutures can heal really well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.....it was all pretty quick for me once I made up my mind. My initital with him was on 9/16/08 and my surgery was 10/13/08.

Thanks. Sounds like I picked a great surgeon. I sure hope Kaiser covers all the pre-op tests. My surgery will be at a surgical center on the north side of the Golden Gate in Marin County.